Thread: Chris Christie for NJ Governor

Chris Christie for NJ Governor

http://christiefornj.com/about/88-wa...ll-fix-nj.html

# Thirty Eight:
    I will help New Jersey’s small businesses lower health insurance costs by allowing the purchase of health insurance policies from out-of-state insurance companies that offer better rates or better coverage. More competition and more consumer choice will lower costs.
    # Thirty Nine:
    I will provide relief from our state’s overbearing regulations – restoring balance and fairness – by creating a permanent “Red Tape Review Group.” The “Red Tape Review Group” will bring both elected branches of government together in a bi-partisan fashion to perform a top-to-bottom overhaul of New Jersey’s Administrative Code.
    # Forty:
    I will review all current regulations and rescind rules that do not have a sound scientific or other technical basis, are not consistent with other state policy goals or legislative intent, or don’t effectively protect and promote the public interest (including the urgent need for economic development and private-sector job creation).
    # Forty One:
    I will implement an immediate freeze on proposed new agency rules and regulations (except those deemed necessary for public emergency), until the Red Tape Review Group completes its review.
    # Forty Two:
    I will ensure rules and regulations are scientifically sound by establishing rule-making scientific advisory committees (where appropriate) to evaluate the underlying science in DEP or other departmental rule proposals.
    [...]

He also wants to cut taxes and other good stuff!

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *thumbs down*

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

None of these ideas are particularly great, nor are they innovative.

I will provide relief from our state’s overbearing regulations – restoring balance and fairness – by creating a permanent “Red Tape Review Group.” The “Red Tape Review Group” will bring both elected branches of government together in a bi-partisan fashion to perform a top-to-bottom overhaul of New Jersey’s Administrative Code.
    There is no fairness in the free market. Best product wins. As for creating an additional bureaucracy to see tat the free market is "fair and balanced" (lol Fox News) I think we know how well that will work.

I will review all current regulations and rescind rules that do not have a sound scientific or other technical basis, are not consistent with other state policy goals or legislative intent, or don’t effectively protect and promote the public interest (including the urgent need for economic development and private-sector job creation).
    Both McCain and Obama promised this in the campaign. What's stopping him from doing this pre-election and posting the results of his budget cuts?

I will implement an immediate freeze on proposed new agency rules and regulations (except those deemed necessary for public emergency), until the Red Tape Review Group completes its review.
    Other than the more government he's creating, this is a good idea.

I will ensure rules and regulations are scientifically sound by establishing rule-making scientific advisory committees (where appropriate) to evaluate the underlying science in DEP or other departmental rule proposals.
    More government regulatory agencies to make sure the regulations regulate properly. Plus it seems government + science = junk science.

Chris Christie for NJ Governor
    Them be fightin words round here.

Vote for Chris Daggett if you want to register disgust and vote for a guy who actually debates and has a plan. Or vote for Ken Kaplan the Libertarian if you want to make a principled vote.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Vote for Ken Kaplan the Libertarian if you want to make a principled vote. *
    * corrected.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

I'm not in NJ, so it's a moot point. THe main thing I liked was wanting to get rid of government regulations. Wish more politicians would do that and actually follow through with it. Regulations are evil! - well, 95% of them at least, and just drive up costs.

-t

I'm from New Jersey. I hate Christie. But I will suck it up and vote for him. Because if Corzine loses to anyone, it is a HUGE loss to the Democratics, Obama and the agenda. Corzine is a banking insider. And it is easier to scare the crap out of Christie to do what's right then someone like Corzine who doesn't care what people think. He doesn't work for us anyway.

I'm from New Jersey and I would certainly never vote for this RINO! Vote Cullen & Leustek!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's just another politician.

Ron Paul endorsed his opponent in the primary.
    Last edited by brandon; 10-15-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by jpayer View Post
    I'm from New Jersey and I would certainly never vote for this RINO! Vote Cullen & Leustek!
    Gloria Leustak is in one of my Ron Paul meetups!!

thanks for posting this

So we all vote for Cullen or Leustek or Christie or whoever and then Corzine wins? And the bankers win? Corzine in a Goldman Sachs insider. Its amazing that people don't understand how huge it would be for him to lose.

Hell, atleast Corzine wants to legalize medical marijuana and allow gays to marry. Christie wants to "strengthen" NJ's gun laws, spy on us, among other crap. He's a fascist piece of $#@!.

I'm supporting Kaplan.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    Christie wants to "strengthen" NJ's gun laws,
    It'd almost be tough to imagine how much more "stenghtened" they could get other than outright making them illegal to own.

It's funny, for years I never understood why people were so apathetic to voting. Now I know. Corzine, Christie & Daggett are all completely undesirable to vote for as a Ron Paul supporter.

So it's either Cullen, Kaplan or not voting. Which of those two guys will end up with a higher percentage? Does it even matter? What direction are my fellow RP Jerseyians leaning towards today?

Voted for Daggett. Not 100% thrilled with it, but there was no way that I was going to vote for either of the two shills. While it would be nice to get Corzine out of office, there was just no way I could pull the trigger on Christie...

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples_Front_of_Paul View Post
    Voted for Daggett. Not 100% thrilled with it, but there was no way that I was going to vote for either of the two shills. While it would be nice to get Corzine out of office, there was just no way I could pull the trigger on Christie...
    Yeah, I voted for Christie, I didn't like voting FOR him; but I did rather enjoy voting AGAINST Corzine and through him, against Obama. If Obama hadn't said that Corzine was a key part of his own agenda.....I might have voted for somebody else.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    christie is rino scum who smeared conservative primary opponent with lies in order to won gop nomination

daggett is secretly working for corzine...

no choice in nj

if your gonna vote on principle, why not vote for the libertarian?

dagget is establshment scum

so you voted for corzine

Ouch. What's with all the hate? I was never once considered voting for Christie so the argument that voting for Daggett took a vote away from Christie is moot.

As far as voting for the Libertarian, I decided to throw my vote towards a 3rd party candidate who might get 15-20% of the vote. Thought that might make a better statement on the sorry state of the Dems and Repubs in NJ.

Eeek. Make that 5 percent for Daggett. I probably should have learned a thing or two from all of those disappointing Republican primary results in 08.

But on the bright side, Corzine is OUT!

This video seems to be making the rounds:

YouTube - Chris Cristie For President In 2012
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst