Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3152

Thread: Market Crash Looming

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,5503785.story

Google misses their Q2 number. I wonder how that's going to play?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Sentiment Index - Level 75.0 71.0 to 76.0 66.5" actual

8.5 points below consenus at 75.

I am sure with that drop ,all will run out and buy things quickly. (

They are waking up and starting to see what is coming.

Job cuts on the way. Johnson and Johnson to cut 300 at one plant.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Market today is saying,

To financial reform. (amongst other factors)
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

(Rolls the dice)

Buying some AGQ (Silver levered ETF). I like it when it gets into the mid-high 50's in a sharp sell-off. It's about $57.4 right now, and it'll either be $54 on Monday, or $60.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    (Rolls the dice)

Buying some AGQ (Silver levered ETF). I like it when it gets into the mid-high 50's in a sharp sell-off. It's about $57.4 right now, and it'll either be $54 on Monday, or $60.
    ahhh getting burned on this bright idea today :P

Need To Know - PBS, Interview with Elizabeth Warren

Interesting Interview with the Chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel:

What will the American landscape look like when half of it is boarded up and abandoned?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    By the end of this year commercial real estate will have dropped in value between 40 and 50 percent from its peak a few years back.

ALISON STEWART:
    You first brought up the commercial loan issue back in, I think it was January. To Secretary Geithner, you did it again in June. Do you believe they’ve been playing enough attention, Geithner, and the administration, to this particular issue?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    We have not seen a strong response from Treasury.

ALISON STEWART:
    He has said that TARP’s got it, TARP’s got the commercial loans. It’s going to be OK.

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    I hope he is right. I would feel better if we saw more action, we saw some plans in place to deal with the 2,988 banks that are concentrated in commercial real estate.

ALISON STEWART:
    Doesn’t sound like you think he’s right, though–

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    It is our job in oversight not to say, “Oh good, let’s relax.” Our job in oversight is to push on the notions that these are problems, and show us what you’re doing here. We did it on behalf of the American people.

ALISON STEWART:
    The Wall Street Journal last week echoed your concerns about commercial real estate loans. And they reported that nearly two thirds of the loans that are going to mature between now and 2014 are going to be under water.

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    Well, unfortunately, the community banks are the ones who are more deeply concentrated in commercial real estate. It’s not the Wall Street banks. They got heavily concentrated, most of them during the peak, during the boom.

They look out there and they know what those loans are worth, what the odds are in many cases, that the owner of the commercial real estate will just walk away.
    Just say, “I can’t refinance it, I’ll let it go. I can’t bring a million dollars to the table to do this.” And so they’re worried about saving the bank. And I can’t blame them.

On the other hand, I can sure look at what the economic effect is on communities, on growth overall on our wider economy. And it is not good.

So what we’ve got is we’ve got a spiral that continues downward. Commercial real estate drags down the bank’s balance sheet, that means that banks are less likely to lend to small businesses, which means there are fewer tenants for the commercial real estate, I think you see how this one goes.

ALISON STEWART:
    So are we going to see small cities with just giant skyscrapers that are empty?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    Well–

ALISON STEWART:
    Store fronts that are empty?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    Quite frankly, we are going to see some of that. See-through buildings, where the building has already been built, but there are no tenants in it, so you can see from one set of windows all the way over to the other. There will be some of that. There will also be some other adjustments that will be made.

In some cases the mortgage lender will repossess the property and is able to sell it to someone else and get it off their books. Another possibility that in some ways is far more troubling is that the financial institution will say, “Oh, we think maybe that property is, um, maybe still worth $2 million. After all, you’re making your payments, and so how about if you, the borrower, and we, the lender, hold hands and pretend–”

ALISON STEWART:
    Is this Extend and Pretend?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    This is Extend and Pretend, that’s exactly right. What it really means is we will pretend that this property is still valued where it was back in boom times, and we will simply extend your outstanding mortgage on this property so that you keep paying.

In other words, the loan appears to all the world on the books at a high value and fully performing, when the underlying economic reality is that it’s worth a whole lot less, and the odds that it will end up in collapse and default, ultimately in foreclosure, are very high.

ALISON STEWART:
    Isn’t the idea, though, to give people more time? To give these institutions more time to come up with the money, perhaps hope against hope the economy gets better?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    Well, that’s the question. And you just put it in the right word, it’s hope against hope. Here’s a problem with it, the longer you pretend, the longer it takes to get the market back to where supply and demand match each other.

The longer it takes to get the right price back on the commercial real estate, attract in the businesses, get the rents in the right place, and get this economy back up and booming.

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    Everyone would like the world always to be in bubble times. But that doesn’t happen. What we have to do to have a secure financial system and frankly an economy that functions well, is we’ve got to be right back down where supply meets demand. And then the role of finance is to come in and help people make purchases at that point.

That means there are a lot of losses in commercial real estate that just– I don’t know how else to say it except quite bluntly, they just have to be acknowledged. And you’ve got it write down, and that is where many banks are deeply resistant. Because if they write down enough of those mortgages, it will become apparent that they are no longer solvent.

ALISON STEWART:
    From your experience, is it possible for someone who is not a D.C. insider, and not a Wall Street insider, to really help catalyze change?

ELIZABETH WARREN:
    I don’t know. I don’t know anything except to try. And, it’s certainly the case that many, many people have told me that it is not possible. And if you’re not an insider in one of those two worlds of power, Wall Street, or Washington D.C. then don’t waste your time. I just refuse to give up.
    Link
    Last edited by IPSecure; 07-20-2010 at 01:57 AM.
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

Home construction sinks to lowest level since Oct.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Home construction plunged last month to the lowest level since October as the economy remained weak and demand for housing plummeted.

But driving the June decline was a more than 20 percent drop in condominium and apartment construction, which makes up a small but volatile portion of the housing market. Construction of single-family homes, the largest part of the market, was down slightly. It dropped 0.7 percent.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Home-c...&asset=&ccode=

Jobless claims increased by 37,000 to 464,000 in the week ended July 17.

Applied Material to cut 500 jobs in solar division. A bunch of other cuts from other co's.

Hey good news...

Existing Home Sale Down: -5.1%

Government Motors (GM) is buying SUB-PRIME lender, AmeriCredit (for auto credit lease and loans) totalling $3.5 Billion with, of course, Taxpayer money.

GM stated, "their sales have been hurt because of lack of loans/leases. GM will now be able to provide leases and loans to lower credit score buyers."

Man, the fraud, theft, and hypocrisy... GM still owes the American taxpayers over $67.5 BILLION

Jim Rogers: Another Recession to Hitting

Per Jim Rogers Blog: http://jimrogers-investments.blogspo...e=SNSanalytics
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

It sure seems like the data points to things getting worse, but the stock market acts like this is a real recovery.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Hey good news...

Government Motors (GM) is buying SUB-PRIME lender, AmeriCredit (for auto credit lease and loans) totalling $3.5 Billion with, of course, Taxpayer money.

GM stated, "their sales have been hurt because of lack of loans/leases. GM will now be able to provide leases and loans to lower credit score buyers."

Man, the fraud, theft, and hypocrisy... GM still owes the American taxpayers over $67.5 BILLION

where's the source for this blog post? do really know if jim rogers said this?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    where's the source for this blog post? do really know if jim rogers said this?
    There's a lot of Jim Rogers reiterating the 'Here Comes another Recession'... which I think he means Depression, because we never existed the Recession.

CNBC
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/35906680

Another: http://jimrogers1.blogspot.com/2010/...on-dollar.html

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Hey good news...

I just got back from Panama City Beach Florida and OMG at the for sale signs EVERYWHERE. In the past 25yrs never seen anything like it. Im talking beachfront prime real estate. The beach is fine down there, the water is crystal clear. Everybody is trying to sell but nobody is buying.

June durable-goods orders fall sharply
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jun...28?siteid=bnbh
    WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Orders for U.S.-made durable goods sank in June, falling 1.0% on weaker demand for airplanes, electronics, and machinery, steel and other long-lasting manufactured products, the Commerce Department reported Wednesday. The decrease far exceeded the expected 1.0% rise forecast by economists
    Consumer confidence retreats further in July
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/...mer_confidence
    NEW YORK – Americans' confidence in the economy eroded further in July amid worries about a job market that has proven stubbornly stagnant. The report raised concerns about the overall economy and the back-to-school season.
    The Conference Board, a private research group, said Tuesday that its Consumer Confidence slipped to 50.4 in July, down from the revised 54.3. In June, consumer confidence dropped almost 10 points to the lowest level since February, creating renewed concerns about consumer spending — and the fragile economic recovery.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by audienceofone View Post
    I just got back from Panama City Beach Florida and OMG at the for sale signs EVERYWHERE. In the past 25yrs never seen anything like it. Im talking beachfront prime real estate. The beach is fine down there, the water is crystal clear. Everybody is trying to sell but nobody is buying.
    time to buy?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Jobless Claims 457K. Prior week revised up. What a joke.

Target to close all 262 of their garden centers. I am seeing thousands of lay offs coming up.

NY getting ready to cut 200 and raise fares on the subways. Many more in the hundreds.

St. Francis Hospital CT to cut 200 jobs.

Hey Sarge, you have a link for the target closings?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    I found multiple stories about it with a quick google search.

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you MsDoodahs,

I prefer the google search with all the copyright suits going on right now.

target garden center closing

Copy above, paste, and hit search. There are a bunch of articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    I spoke with one of the managers at the Target Garden Center this past weekend. They will be closing the garden centers sometime in Aug. He said they should be advertising the closes in the local newspapers.

All one off items, like discontinued patio furniture will be deeply discounted as well as any garden supplies (Soils amendments, fertilizers, polls, posts, etc.

The plants won't be discounted... they will be returned to the nurseries under contract agreements. Many of the Target garden centers will be enclosed and converted to food/grocery sections

So look for some great bargains at the closeouts.
    NJ economy loses 1,900 jobs; public-sector employment sharply declines
    http://www.app.com/article/20100714/...arply-declines

Foreclosures climb in 75% of metro areas

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/29/real...sure/index.htm

July 29, 2010: 3:32 AM ET
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Foreclosure filings climbed in 75% of the nation's metro areas during the first half of 2010, according to a report issued Thursday.
    RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed homes, said that California, Florida, Arizona and Nevada continue to lead the nation in the rate of foreclosures. Las Vegas was the worst-hit city.

But now unemployment has replaced toxic mortgages as the leading cause of foreclosures throughout the country, according to spokesman Rick Sharga.
    "Las Vegas has seamlessly shifted from having a high level of foreclosures due to bad loans," said Sharga, "to defaults caused by a high level of unemployment." Some 14.5% of its work force was idle in June, up 2.1 points from last June.
    Las Vegas had one filing for every 15 households in the metro area. The second highest rate was in Cape Coral/Fort Myers, Fla., with one for every 20 households.

Two California cities, Modesto and Merced, tied for third with one filing for every 22 households.
    The good news is that most of the worst-hit cities have actually seen their foreclosures rates decline, as the subprime crisis fades.

But while those cities have seen slight improvement, other areas are getting hit harder by the economy.
    "Look at a place like Salt Lake City," said Sharga. "The foreclosure rise there appears to be entirely related to the economy," not because people can't afford their subprime loans.
    Salt Lake's unemployment is up this year, rising 0.2% to 7.1% in June, even as the national unemployment rate dropped 0.2% to 9.5%.
    Lenders filed foreclosure notices for one in every 48 Salt Lake City households during the first six months of 2010, a 55% increase over the same period in 2009.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-29-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

First Data to cut 355 jobs,

NY to cut 1K jobs,

Chicago City Colleges to cut 225 jobs,

Quality Air Craft Services Fl to cut 227,

Insurance dot.com in OH 144

Sounds like it really is getting better. Yep, Sure.

Winn Dixie Closing 30 Stores. Kiss off another 126 jobs. Most in Fl.
    Last edited by Sarge; 07-30-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Second quarter GDP 2.4 percent. Falling as people pull in their horns.

Game Set and Match for Ben and Timmy. They shot their powder into a black hole.

Next likely news tax revenues tanking. Waiting to see the consumer sentiment numbers shortly which, will likely suck.

PricewaterhouseCoopers cuts 500 jobs in Tampa in their IT unit. Ouch. Those are likely high paying jobs.

Consumer sentiment was up a tiny bit but this and the rest of the job cuts might change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Second quarter GDP 2.4 percent. Falling as people pull in their horns. .
    How much of Q2 GDP is Government spending.

FOX BIZ Varney and Company was going over the numbers...

During Obama's presidency... growth of over 500,000 new Federal Employees.

That's INSANE and a double liability to the taxpayers... salary/benefits/perks for decades and then retirement/pensions/benefits for decades.

Government killing the economy long term.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Latest links/title to employee Job Loses/Cuts for the last 7 days
    July 30 , 2010

Converted Organics Inc - 24
    PWC PricewaterhouseCoopers - 500 in Tampa
    Louisiana-Pacific in Tomahawk - 60 Temp. Layoffs
    New York - Planning on at least 1,000 Job Cuts
    Update: First Data - 355 Total

July 29 , 2010
    Chicago City Colleges - 225, and 86 unfilled jobs
    Quality Aircraft Services FL - Plans 227
    First Data Omaha - 50
    Insurance dot com - Closing Solon Ohio HQ and 144 Layoffs
    Ford Motor Co Windsor Ont. Engine Plant ( International ) - 388
    Renesas Electronics Corp ( International ) - Planning 5,000 Job Cuts
    The Bering Straits AKI company - 70+
    Star Tek North Avenue Location - 29
    AAA HQ in Walnut Creek - 28
    Trenton NJ - 218
    St. Cloud State University - 26 Notices
    Northern Rhode Island Collaborative - 48
    San Jose CA - 50 Firefighters
    Hillside NJ - 50 Job Cuts Possible
    Beaver County Head Start PA - 17 Temp. layoffs
    Gladstone Honda and Gladstone Nissan - 94
    City Macedonia Ohio - Income Tax Increase or 43 Layoffs
    US. Census Bureau's National Processing Center in Jeffersonville -Reducing Staff

July 28 , 2010
    St. Francis Hospital in Hartford CT - 200
    SafeAuto Insurance Co - 47 in Recent Werks
    Whole Foods Markets Inc - 59
    NY Metropolitan Transportation Authority - up to 200 Layoffs, and Fare Raises
    Callaway Golf Co. - Gradual Workforce Reduction over next 18 Months
    Update: Navistar West Port Plant - 340
    Boeing Defense Division - Expect Layoffs?
    CTV Halifax ( International ) - 26
    Lenape Regional High School District NJ - 100
    Yonkers Schools NY - Save Fall Sports = Job Cuts
    Blue Springs. Kansas - 4
    Update: King’s Daughters Hospital - 85 Layoffs, 150 reduced to part-time
    Hutchinson Technologies Inc - 100
    Update: Vineland NJ - 300 Furloughs

July 27 , 2010
    Erie County Workers - Expect Layoffs
    Multi-Fineline Electronix Inc. in Anaheim - 85 Job Cuts, and Moving Operation to China
    King’s Daughters Medical Center KY - Confirms Layoffs - Unknown Number
    City of Cleveland Heights - 3 Firefighters
    Update: Sensis Corp in Dewitt NY - 84
    Kennedy Space Center Shuttle Program - 1,000 Layoff Notices today and tomorrow
    Kankakee County IL - Shortfalls may = Job Cuts
    El Dorado County CA - Planning 150 More
    Vale Steelworkers ( International ) - 18
    Update: Jackson NJ - Layoffs, Furloughs Expected
    The Hawaii Department of Education - 40
    Dunmore PA - 2
    The Walker County School System AL - More Job Cuts Possible
    City of El Monte CA - At Least 5 Possible

July 26 , 2010
    SaddleBrook NJ - 5
    The Sara Lee bakery in Downtown La Crosse - 12
    Update: Pennsylvania Layoffs Still Coming, Just not this week.
    United Technologies Corp - Another 1,500
    Update: Kentucky mental health facility - up to 50
    City of Lynnwood WA - Possible Cop Layoffs
    Rochester City School District NY - 116
    City of Newburgh NY - Expect Layoffs in 2011

July 25 , 2010
    National Aviation Co. of India ( International/US) - 7,000 Possible
    Jordan Hospital - 15
    City of Bellingham WA - More Layoffs Possible

July 24 , 2010
    The Queens Library NY- 46
    Transcom Worldwide Inc - 737
    Arrowhead Credit Union - 27

JULY BANKRUPTCIES
    - Headlines/links

Dental Plus,does business as Distinctive Dentistry
    American Safety Razor Co.
    Artecity
    North East Transfer Inc
    Daisy Baker’s
    Arizona Market Place
    Piccadilly Inn Hotels - Chapter 11 at 3 Locations
    Snowflake White Mountain Power LLC - July 9
    Apparel shop Sol de Ibiza
    Lipizzaner Stallions show - Chapter 7
    Correlogic of Germantown
    Global Capacity Group Inc
    Albuquerque Studios
    Lakeview at Carolina Beach LLC
    Siena Hotel
    Maietta Construction
    Share Colorado Food Bank
    ConjuChem Biotechnologies Inc. ( Canada )
    North Atlantic Homes Inc
    JPG Enterprises, Inc
    Food Share America ?
    Cozumel Caribe SA
    La Siesta Motel - Chapter 7
    TLC Americas LLC
    NovaVision
    B&R Oil, Inc - Chapter 7
    Innkeepers USA Trust
    Jennifer Convertibles Inc - Chapter 11
    Levonian Brothers Inc.
    Nexity Financial Corp plan Chapter 11
    Retailer Comercial Mexicana
    Movie Gallery Proposes Liquidation Plan
    Lucien Lagrange Architects Ltd
    Carmel Investments and Development - Chapter 11
    Lucien Piccard Inc. - Chapter 11
    1800Hotels4U LLC
    Riviera Holdings Corporation
    Spongetech Delivery Systems Inc
    Trade Secrets Beauty Salon
    Leslie Controls Inc - Chapter 11
    King of Diamonds Gentlemen's Club
    Titus Transportation - Chapter 11
    U.S. chemicals company Tronox Inc
    Rocketplane Kistler - Chapter 7
    Applejack Art Partners - Chapter 11
    Ridgewood Corp - Chapter 11
    The Greenville Press - Chapter 7
    Medical Staffing Network Holdings
    Top of the Kress Bar - Chapter 11
    Tracy Press Inc - Reorganization
    Arrow Air
    Truvo USA LLC - Chapter 11

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The King of Diamonds Gentlemans Club went under according to the list. This is a sad sad day.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    The King of Diamonds Gentlemans Club went under according to the list. This is a sad sad day.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
    BUSINESSES that have CLOSED in July 2010

July 30 , 2010
    Cardinal Coffee Shop and Lounge in San Jose
    Automated Health Systems Closing Facilities in Milwaukee and Madison - 160 Jobs Lost
    Update: Norbel Credit Union in Fort Collins
    The Divine, the "Modern Greek" restaurant in Seattle
    BenchWarmers Restaurant in Centennial Colorado Closed?
    The West Island Tennis Club ( International )
    Nevada City's Chief Crazy Horse Inn and Saloon
    The Buckaroo Tavern in Fremont Seattle
    The Broome County Mental Health Department in Binghamton NY
    The Galleries at Southside in Chattanooga
    Update: Nona Rosa's Ristorante in Bellingham WA

July 29 , 2010 Astellas Pharma Inc plan to Close 2 NY Facilities by June 2011
    Update: 8 Oakland Childcare Centers to Close Friday
    Habit Boutique in Chicago
    Mr. B's Sandwiches in Tyler Texas
    New Plymouth's Phoenix Bar Closing for Good?
    Rodney's Bookstore in Cambridge Mass.
    Cooper Village in Omaha
    God’s Neighborhood Escape for Teens in Pomeroy OH
    J. Covington Home in Portsmouth
    Bel Air Southern Baptist Church
    Mobile navigation and local search supplier Jentro
    Jaime's Spanish Village in Downtown Austin Texas
    Delphi Automotive Systems LLC plans to phase out its Kokomo In. operations in 2012
    Lakeland Square 10 Cinema FL
    Jan's Specialty Shoe Service in Eugene Oregon
    American Country Side Farmers Market in Elkhart IN Market
    Target stores Closing 262 Garden Center Nationwide
    The West End Health Center to Close Friday
    The Barbara Culver Juvenile Justice center in Midland considering closing
    The Interim LSU Publish Hospital is closing its maternity ward

July 28 , 2010 Applebee's restaurant at the Midtown shopping center in Milwaukee
    Food Bank - Value Market Grocery Store in Tucson AZ
    Third Room and La Luna Nightclubs in Buffalo NY
    2 Trade Secret Stores in NY?
    Women's Clinic in Fayetteville AR
    The Shenandoah Valley Visitor Center
    Squire Sander & Dempsey is closing its office in Tallahassee, Fla. on Oct. 1
    General Motors Canada in Windsor, Ontario Officially Closing - 500 Jobs Affected
    Georgia-Pacific in Mount Hope Plans to Shut Down Temporary
    Zink Restaurant in Charlotte
    Black and Decker close Distribution Center in Jackson Tenn. - 80 Jobs Lost
    General Shale Brick closing 2 Locations in the Chatham County town NC
    Broadloom City Flooring and Carpet in Middletown NY
    Two Ace Hardware stores in Norman Ok.
    Update: Riley's Market in Northwest Crossing Oregon
    LCA-Vision Lasik closing Birmingham Location
    Le Bec-Fin Restaurant PA to Close in 2011
    Homeward Bound store in New Milford CT
    Wildwood Antique Market in Lynchburg VA
    Lincoln NE Considering closing 4 Senior Centers
    International Automotive Components Group in Sheboygan - 167 Jobs Lost

July 27 , 2010 Indocara, the high-end furnishings store at 540 W. Washington Ave Wis
    Winn-Dixie to Close 30 Stores, and layoff 120
    The Coca-Cola plant on Preston Avenue in Charlottesville
    Uinta Pawn and Uinta Thrift Shop in WY
    Royal Bank of Scotland to Close Nottingham Call Center
    The Shops of Yesteryear in Mount Airy MD?
    Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts in Mesa Mall Grand Junction
    Tree House Books. in Holland Michigan
    East Academy Nashville Private School

July 26 , 2010 DeKalb County Ga - Closing Community Library
    Update: Big Cypress Market Place Florida Flea Market Closing Aug 1st
    Marshall Cinema Missouri
    Robert M. Hughes Academy in Springfield Mass. must close
    Mélange in Carbondale IL
    Myers Park Garden Center in Charlotte NC
    Timberlodge Steakhouse in Fargo
    Excel Storage Products in Brooklings SD
    Redstone Gallery at Redstone Center Utah?
    Sunrise Cooperative Feed Operation in Norwalk
    Crescent Landing Catfish Restaurant in Shreveport LA
    Talley’s Restaurant in Grand Junction CO
    The National Museum of Patriotism in Downtown Atlanta Closing, Going Online

July 25 , 2010
    The Earl May Nursery and Garden Center in IA

July 24 , 2010 Glick's Old Fashion Meat Market in Visalia
    Union Square Sparkle Supermarket in Ohio
    Terrapin Station Bar ID
    Appalachian Katahdin Mill in Pattern Maine?

July 23 , 2010 University of S. Alabama is closing its Brookley Field complex, the USA Gulf Pines Golf Course
    The Medina County YMCA branch
    Foothills Christian College in NC
    Last 2 Oney’s Food Stores in Mason City and Havana - 38 Jobs Lost
    Family Connections Center, 73 N. Sixth St., Newark
    Motor Vehicle Commission will close one Randolph NJ Location
    ConocoPhillips May Close a German Refinery
    The Choo Choo Build-It Mart store in Milledgeville
    Morton Hospital and Medical Center Closing 2 Programs

July 22 , 2010
    Presbyterian Healthcare closing the pediatric dept. at its Matthews hospital Mitchell Books of Covington Plaza in Fort Wayne Indiana
    The Cobb’s Mill Inn in Weston CT
    Nevada City Seafood Store
    Rock Nightclub in Maplewood Closing Soon
    Smicksburg Community Cheese in Pennsylvania
    Shear Ego Salon in Greece NY
    Ceridian is closing its Morrisville operation NC sometime in 2011
    Twisted Village at Harvard Square
    Blue Door Gallery in downtown Riverhead NY?
    Kessler Jewelers in BurbankCa.
    Update: Armed Forces Military Museum in Alton IL
    Capitol Clothing Co in Downtown Sacramento CA

July 21 , 2010
    Big Cypress Marketplace in Naples FL, Closing for Good?
    The Melting Pot of Naples FL
    Palmetto Health Child Development Center ( Child Care ) in Columbia SC
    ER at North Valley Medical Plaza in Sequatchie County
    Update: All 87 Liz Claiborne Outlet Stores
    Oregon Trail Store in Meacham
    Security State Bank Closing Branch in Hokah
    Madame K’s Pizza Bistro in Seattle
    Reigning Cats & Dogs in Westford Center CT
    The Open Book in Fremont
    ear-x-tacy Store in KY
    Rose Cottage in Chelsea MI
    The Genuardi’s Supermarket in Concord PA
    Update: Lucky’s Hardware in NJ
    Freed Spirit Christian Book Store in Waynesboro
    The White Rabbit Store in Rome Ga
    Gap Store in Victoria Mall Texas
    The Lathrop-Manteca Fire District CA may Close 1 or 2 Fire Stations
    Community Development in Palmer Mass.

July 20 , 2010
    The G. Willikers store in Rockford Michigan
    Shop 'n Save in Westover
    The Office Depot Store on Notre Dame Road ( Canada ) - 18 Jobs Lost
    Update: Valley Sports Center in Easthampton
    Some Liz Claiborne branded outlet stores in US will close
    Update: Joyce Brothers in Winston Salem NC
    Terminal Discount Drugs
    JJ's Tackle Shop in Solomons
    From the Heart Store in Galesburg IL
    Central Florida Cancer Institute Closing 3 Medical Oncology Offices
    Jennifer Convertibles Closing all Stores in N.Carolina , Florida, Michigan, Phil., Boston, Chicago, Atlanta
    Save the Pets Store in the Gateway Mall Oregon
    The Smashburger Another one Closed in Grand Junction
    Al Corey Music Center in Waterville
    Dan's Western Wear in Sheridan Wyo.
    Lehigh Valley House Restaurant in Ithaca NY
    The Women's Business Center in Portsmouth
    Pizza Hut in Englewood Ohio, and 6 Other Pizza Huts in Southern Ohio

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

July 19 , 2010
    CitiFinancial Services Inc Closing 9 Minnesota Sub prime Lending Offices
    Broadway News in Seattle
    Berry Plastics in Albertville AL - 75 Jobs Lost
    Mootz Candies in Pottsville
    Rumors Lounge in Bellevue Neb.
    Winston-Salem's only Duke Energy payment center on Silas Creek Parkway
    Remarkable Consignment near Central and Rock Kansas
    Thunderworld Family Fun Center in Blount County Closed - 11 Jobs Lost
    Comdata Networks Corp Closing Call Center in Irving - 144 Job Cuts
    Grace's Furniture on Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago
    Lancaster PA Schools to See Several Program Cuts this Fall
    Write Impressions LTD

July 18 , 2010
    Fellowship United Methodist Church in Austin Texas
    Update: Golden Age of Trucking Museum in Middlebury Conn.
    Jimmy John’s in Winona

July 17 , 2010
    Haldex Brake in Iola Kansas
    The Dining Room in Staunton VA
    Shorewood Packaging Newport News operations to shut down in October.
    Cloverleaf Supermarket in High Point NC
    Mayo’s Suit City in Columbia SC
    One Krogers Store near West Maple in Bloomfield MI
    Google Nexus One Store Online Closed for Good
    Hattiesburg Wintzell's Oyster House in Oak Grove
    Northside Pharmacy in Myrtle Beach

July 16 , 2010
    Sweet Potato Lingerie in Steamboat Springs
    Glenwood Nursing Center in Jacksonville FL
    Coach-Net will be closing its facility in Lake Havasu City
    Online Royal Joker Casino
    Newspaper Los Angeles Garment & Citizen
    Parker Drug in Franklin Closing Completely
    Stark Automotive Group used-car dealership in Plover
    The Grateful Bean in Oklahoma City
    Westover Stop 'N Shop
    Hewlett-Packard to Close campus in Cupertino
    Hulett Furniture Store in Meridian MS
    DMV to Close Branch At Rhode Island Mall
    Gordon James Grill Restaurant

July 15 , 2010
    Ford Motor Co. to Begin Phasing out Brook Park Ohio Casting Plant
    Richey Elementary School in Tucson AZ
    Thunderworld USA in Blount County TN
    The Shores golf course in Texas
    SuperPetz Store in Aiken
    Norwood Promotional Products in Indianapolis - 57 Jobs Lost
    Nikko Judo Academy
    Parker Hannifin to Close Plant near Lincoln Nebraska
    Designed Metal Products Mansfield OH
    Bristol Farms near Riviera Village
    South Mills Supermarket in South Mils
    RoShamBo Children's Clothing Store in Nevada
    4 Libraries in Trenton NJ
    Two Quiznos locations in Upstate NY

July 14 , 2010
    Petland Store in Austin Texas
    Hobby Town USA in Grand Folks
    Bow Food Pride in Broken Bow NE
    Jerr-Dan Corp. is closing its two Greencastle PA plants
    Bossier City Boys and Girls Club
    Disaster Loan Outreach Centers located in Gibson, Wilson and Sumner counties, Tennessee
    Update: BP Solar Closing Maryland Plant and Moving to China - 320 Jobs Lost
    Cady Superette Grocery Store in Michigan
    Roy's Natural Market in Dallas TX
    Dey Chevrolet in Clinton NY
    The Florida International Museum in St Petersburg FL
    Article: Jewellery Store Closures Mount

July 13 , 2010 Dells Lumber and Construction in Wisconsin
    Lowes Closing a Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Gildan-Prewitt Fort Payne Plant - 130 Jobs Lost
    Canby Grove Conference Center Ohio
    Wesley College in Florence
    Nevada State Prison in Carson City - Possibly Closing
    The B3 Cable Solutions plant in Longford ( International ) - 106 Jobs Lost
    Just Dogs! Gourmet in Norfolk
    Ace Hardware store in Orange County CA
    Vermuelen’s Portage Store
    Sabin Star Lock Security in Northampton MA
    Alta Shoe Shop in Altavista VA, Closing only 1 Store
    4 Superpetz stores in SC/NC?
    Connecticut Memories Country Store in New Milford CT

July 12 , 2010
    Kop-Flex Inc - Anne Arundel County location - 125 Jobs Lost
    Yesterday's Antique Mall in lake Worth FL
    Retailer Eres in NY, and other Closing
    Sacramento County CA Closing 2 Jail Housing Facilities
    Delta Steel warehouse on Railroad Avenue in Morgan City LA

July 11 , 2010
    Old School Boxing Gym in Fort Washington Maryland
    Elysian Echo Pet Center in Statesville
    Sun National Bank will close 2 Branches in Salem County NJ
    Herff Jones Inc Closing Plant in East Penn. - 107 Jobs Lost
    Spazio Jazz Supper Club in Southern California
    John Knoebel & Sons Store in Madison Indiana
    Clayton College of Natural Health Internet College
    KFC-Taco Bell in Newtonville Mass.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Businesses CLOSED in July 2010 Title/Links to articles
    July 10 , 2010
    Camp Frontier in Wimauma
    WineStyles in Martin Downs Center FL
    Sweeney's Curious Goods in Lynchburg VA
    Armstrong World Industries Inc Closing Beaver Falls Ceiling Plant over the next year - 150 Jobs Lost
    Update: Advance America Closing 47 Location in Arizona

July 9 , 2010
    Fletcher Granite in Westford Mass. Closed for Good - All 75 Employees let go
    Over 100 Dental offices have Closed in Arizona over the past year
    Los Feliz store Show in LA
    Little Viking Day Care in DE
    Robb & Stucky in Southlake Texas

Christian station KVTT
    Jamani Java in Bloomington IL
    Vermeulen’s Furniture in Portage Michigan
    Massad's Women Clothing Store
    Facebook closing its Online Gift Store
    Clifton Elementary School in VA, possibly shutting down
    Pink Bazaar Thrift Store in Cape Coral FL
    Gino’s East in Orland Park Chicago
    Book Monkey in CA
    S Nightclub in Holland Township Michigan
    Jaime's Spanish Village Restaurant on Red River Downtown Austin

July 8 , 2010
    Sawaya’s Shoe Store in Kemmerer WY
    Update: Berry Plastics Corp. is closing a film plant in Lakeville, Minn
    27 Department of Revenue offices Will Close by Year End
    Wonder Bread distribution center in Davenport - 12 Jobs
    MSD plans to close 2 research Facilities ( International )
    The Golden Age of Trucking Museum in Middlebury
    Sitel Corp Closing Birmingham Call Center - 432 Jobs Lost
    Merck & Co - 8 Manufacturing Plants , and 8 Research Facilities
    GILL & Co Ironmonger Store ( International ) - Closing after 480 Years in Business
    Update: Selected Medical to Close Manchester Facility - 66 Jobs Lost
    Disaster Loan Outreach Centers in Hickman and Tipton County Tenn, Closing Today
    Boone's Antiques in Caroline County VA
    Post Office in Huntington Woods Detroit
    K-9 Royal Essentials Pet Store in De Pare WI
    Bluebonnet Nursing Home in Albany closing July 30th
    Nelson Daily News - Last Print in Sept.

July 7 , 2010
    Grace Christian School. in Tulsa Ok.
    Clues Unlimited Bookstore May Close by End of Year
    Update: 84 Lumber Closing 7 Stores
    Stephens Federal Bank Closes Cleveland Branch - Last Thursday
    Blockbuster in Emporia KS
    Linmar to Close British Parts Plant in Wales
    Several Wonder Bread thrift stores in Illinois and Missouri
    Fulmer's Grocery Store in Xenia Ohio
    Bliss Soaps on Capitol Hill Washington
    Army / Navy Store in Oberlin Ohio
    Stonegate Pet Center and Grooming Boutique in Grand Cities Mall
    Alorica Call Center in Manhattan
    IGA Knoxville Grocery Store - 17 Jobs Lost
    Murrays Restaurant in Lexington

July 6 , 2010
    Texas Industries Closing Kilns at Midlothian cement facility - Operations to Continue
    The Clubhouse Bar & Grill in Vero Beach FL
    The Hawk-Eye Picture Tube Manufacturing in Des Moines
    St. Mary’s Childhood Development Center NC
    Space Savers - Cary Store
    Pearson Partners Inc Ad Agency in Indianapolis
    Megatunes Music Store in Canada
    Webster's Bookstore Café in PA likely to Close
    General Electric - Winchester Virginia Plant
    Bebe Stores Inc Plans to Close its PH8 Chain
    Corinthian Antiques and Reproductions in Westbury

July 5 , 2010
    The Blue Luna Coffee Shop

July 4 , 2010
    Carney Tire Co
    The Drowned Worm Bait Shop in Newark Ohio
    Ashley Baptist Church
    Hoboken Fish & Pets in NJ

July 3 , 2010
    Hirsch's Grocery of Washington Avenue Phoenixville PA
    Baricelli Inn in Cleveland

July 2 , 2010
    Jody's Framing Gallery in Arizona
    Unitus - 45 Jobs Lost
    Bell Brothers in Ogburn Station NC
    Paige Turner Books in IL
    Department of Revenue field office in Oshkosh Wis.
    Wine N Things in North Raleigh's Stonehenge Shopping Center The Mill Street Grille and The Basin in downtown New Castle PA
    Bar 5, on 4127 Manchester Ave. in St Louis MO
    Lexington's Thoroughbred Chevrolet in Kentucky
    Club Blujazz in Chicago Closing, May Re-open
    University Cinemas in Normal IL

July 1 , 2010
    Hood River County Oregon Closing 3 Libraries
    Assault Center in Clarksville Tenn.
    Scott Gertner’s Skybar in Houston Texas
    Bonner County Humane Society ID
    The Sam Snead’s Tavern & Grillroom Chophouse & Wine Bar in South Fort Myers
    The Bon-Ton Store in Latham NY - 46 Jobs Lost / Affected
    Piper Aircraft Temporary Shut Down Aug 9 - 13
    Asiatica Nursery in PA
    No Limitz Pro shop Paintball Ohio
    Park Place Coffee Roasters in Newark OH
    Tall Mouse Arts and Crafts - Laguna Niguel store CA
    The Painted Horse Store in Augusta ME
    Caldwell Studio of Music in Caldwell NJ
    Upscale Restaurant Aurora in Texas
    BEANS Coffee Shop in Woodstown NJ
    The Garden of Light Natural Foods Market in Glastonbury
    Rialto Theatre in Denison Texas

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

H,

I am afraid many more to come yet before this gets better. They blew the chance of a quicker recovery by buying Frannie, Freddie, GM, Chrysler and the bankers.

Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast