Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Market Crash Looming

No one is talking about this one that comes out at 2.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ecalendar/index.html

I am guessing tax receipts were down therefore deficit up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quoted for truth. This is EXACTLY how I feel. At least everyone's debt will be wiped clean.
    Okay, for one, is this actually true? How will everyone's debt be wiped clean? The interest rates on risky loans are going to get jacked up, to adjust for inflation, and won't those debts just get worse?

If that isn't the case, and everyone's debt will be wiped clean, wouldn't it be a good idea to go out and buy whatever you could possibly need, even if it means going in debt? It's going to be wiped clean, right? :P

Finally, how is everyone's debt being wiped clean an "at least"? That's a terrible, terrible thing, if true. That means people spent money they didn't have and won't be held accountable for it. People that were responsible won't benefit; they'll be in the same exact position as people that did accumulate massive debt, except they won't have anything to show for it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eventually, people who keep getting shafted for "playing by the rules" are going to go postal.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Good one.

Watching bonds and the $USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    No one is talking about this one that comes out at 2.

I am guessing tax receipts were down therefore deficit up.

Thank you.

I am afraid we might be headed in this direction,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aRArKQlsc06A

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Eventually, people who keep getting shafted for "playing by the rules" are going to go postal.
    That is what starts and maintains meaningful revolutions.

The sneaky bastards removed the tax receipts and debt today that I posted earlier this am. They don't want it showing up. Now I am going to have to dig for it. They had it to be showing up at 2PM ET today.

Choose Liberty saw it on my post and commented.

Here it it,

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancen..._1018083.shtml

Note this was not the final which today should have been. Worse?

The monthly statement for Sept is suppose to be up it is not posted yet. They can stall but it has to be posted.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quarter 'tril to go before they need to up the debt ceiling again----spendspendspend!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

C,

Right you are. This is not going to end well. Looks like the BOJ tried a stick save today on the buck vs. the yen and the buck is already coming back down. They don't want our buck this cheap.

That interest rate chart is scary. When it blows higher it is going to cost us all for their not dealing with the problems correctly.

My guess is people will have nothing to loose before much longer. DC better wake up and wake up fast.

Looks like buyers are happy with Intel.

$ dropping against euro.

Crash on hold. :P

I picked this up on another board,

"CNBC guy finally figured INTC earnings out-- China appears to be on fire based on Asia sales accounting for 59% of revenues..."

If right, it doesn't say much about our economy.

Time will tell.

I picked this up on another board,

"CNBC guy finally figured INTC earnings out-- China appears to be on fire based on Asia sales accounting for 59% of revenues..."

If right, it doesn't say much about our economy.

Time will tell.
    I used to support Intel IT engineering in another life and I've followed them very closely. As good as the numbers are this evening INTC... remember Q4 2008 forecated numbers by INTEL were $12.5-14 Billion. 3 Quarters later... they do $9.29 Billion and that's great?

That's 25-40% LESS than what they were suppose to earn last year. The US Treasury's latest numbers on corporate tax collections proves the current economic/business disasters.

How long before Intel moves a majority of Manufacturing in China and regional Slave Labor rate countries?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

H,

Right. No one takes longer than a second to say the results are great. Once you digest, one wonders.

They cut the estimates so low, if one doesn't make it they are going to get pummeled.

Ok, the Dow and SPX are almost back to the top of their wedgies in a crazy buying frenzy.

Chart says bad juju.

Tick f'ing TOCK.

Ok.

Let's try this one more time.

Timmmmmmber!!!!!!!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep, the holiday shopping is going to be so great that Walmart announced they are going to have massive discounts. Guess what? The market tanked on that news.

Gallion hedge fund selling might have also impacted today besides Walmart.

Tomorrow jobless claims. 514 the estimate. That is still one half a million a week. Bad, Bad, Bad.

If worse get ready.

Check out the Beige book report today that the Fed will work off at the next meeting. COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SUCKS.

Note Holiday sales expected to be weak in most areas. Wallmart got it today.

I don't understand. How can there be a crash with the Fed dumping so many dollars into the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by intelliot View Post
    I don't understand. How can there be a crash with the Fed dumping so many dollars into the economy?
    Same thing happened in October of last year.

FWIW. My top picking games aside, for the wedge failure you still need a break of the lower trendline on the original article, which still has quite a ways to go.

stocks

One good clear indicator how the economy is doing is looking at the shipping sectors. I think UPS releases quarterly earnings tomorrow. (Thursday) I think FEDEX will very soon.

Everything is moving up.. You can't have a dollar going down, stock market going up, Oil going up, and just about every commodity out there at 14 week highs.

With unemployment high, lower average wages (compared to last year), less credit available, and less spending across the boards.. Consumers can't sustain higher prices and inflation like last year.. There will have to be some sort of correction somewhere, sometime.

I don't view a crash happening until we see higher commodity prices reach the consumer level. I doubt it will happen in October. It will probably happen at a time when the price of gas reaches $3.00+ a gallon nationwide.. and we see a period of higher prices on Flour, Sugar, corn, and rice.. Depending on how quick prices rise, I would guess anytime between Middle November and the end of January. If it crashes before then we know the economy is extremely weak..

Its going to take a little time to find out less Ipods, big screen televisions, cell phones, and Wii's didn't sell as expected this holiday season.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do believe you might be right. I added a chunk to a short position Friday. I had been holding off for a long time. Commercial defaults starting and are likely to build speed.

When the shopping carts at Wallyworld and Costco are barely full it tells me something. My wife and I could not believe how empty most carts were checking out at Costco today. Same last night at Wallyworld in the next town over.

We counted 15 carts with 3 up to 5 or 10 items. Most of the time in the past, they would be stacked to over flowing. We were out if a flash today. Christmas items were barely touched. Most years they would be at least one quarter gone by now.

Costco wine and spirits are now over priced. We went to a wine and spirit store where the same items were less by several dollars. Stocked up early, for the holidays, to avoid the crowds, flu and rising prices.

Costco has moved up to higher priced wines at the wrong time. Not many people popping 50 to 80 bucks for a bottle of wine when you can get great wines at a 90 rating for 7 bucks from CA right now.

Premium gas was 2.78 a gallon today. When it gets over 3 bucks it is going to drag down the economy again. Let me see, 3 gallons of gas or a liter of vodka? That is a tough one. Stills just might be making a comeback if they jack up the prices too high.

I need to hear from other states what they are seeing. CA and AZ are bad and might jade my total outlook.

That's interesting. The retail stocks have been on fire for months. Especially the ones w/sh*tty fundamentals. Those might be some good shorts coming up.

I do believe you might be right. I added a chunk to a short position Friday. I had been holding off for a long time. Commercial defaults starting and are likely to build speed.

When the shopping carts at Wallyworld and Costco are barely full it tells me something. My wife and I could not believe how empty most carts were checking out at Costco today. Same last night at Wallyworld in the next town over.

We counted 15 carts with 3 up to 5 or 10 items. Most of the time in the past, they would be stacked to over flowing. We were out if a flash today. Christmas items were barely touched. Most years they would be at least one quarter gone by now.

Costco wine and spirits are now over priced. We went to a wine and spirit store where the same items were less by several dollars. Stocked up early, for the holidays, to avoid the crowds, flu and rising prices.

Costco has moved up to higher priced wines at the wrong time. Not many people popping 50 to 80 bucks for a bottle of wine when you can get great wines at a 90 rating for 7 bucks from CA right now.

Premium gas was 2.78 a gallon today. When it gets over 3 bucks it is going to drag down the economy again. Let me see, 3 gallons of gas or a liter of vodka? That is a tough one. Stills just might be making a comeback if they jack up the prices too high.

I need to hear from other states what they are seeing. CA and AZ are bad and might jade my total outlook.

Just picked up on this,

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/...0885&Itemid=79

Shipping tanking again. Yes, again.

Then this,

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/cre...alf-2007-value

Too much to try and copy that is being discussed. Need to read this one.

From Bloomberg,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ac1KaPxa0Bso

Hint of things to come from TF,

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticke...ww?post=115740

When our bond rates sky it will get ugly. We might start to see that this week at the auctions. Just my guess.

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticke...timagenr=48669

Record auction this week they are just saying on CNBC.
    Last edited by Sarge; 10-26-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast