Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3152

Thread: Market Crash Looming

10Y back to 2.85+

Stocks are dumb money.

They haven't yet figured out that yields will not stop rising.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Tis Aaron Russo rising from the grave?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Never know , maybe between now & May could be the race to the top . Currently Gold @ 1325 , Dow @ 24582 , Copper 3.02 , Platinum 969 , Palladium 974 , Silver 16.58 , S & P 500 2650 , Nascrap 6969 ......

Yields back to the level that caused the original crash, I'd be selling the rip

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yields back to the level that caused the original crash, I'd be selling the rip

Gold @ 1351

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yup, new highs, this stock rally shouldn't last.

Yup, new highs, this stock rally shouldn't last.
    I watched the market tickers most of the day and it was clear that the machines were not going to let the Dow go into the red even though it clearly wanted to. Today's chart was absurd.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess the Dow could go back to 25K tomorrow ......

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I guess the Dow could go back to 25K tomorrow ......
    It'll do exactly whatever they tell it to do. The new shorts got fleeced since last week. The new longs are due up next.

It's ridiculous how rigged it all is.

10yr still rising. Futures up 275!

Dow needs about a 100 to get back to 25k @ 9:35 am , gold @ 1352 , copper back to near 3 1/4 yesterday evening, West Texas oil back over 60.00, Brent Crude @ 64 and one yr oil forecast still under 70 .

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I watched the market tickers most of the day and it was clear that the machines were not going to let the Dow go into the red even though it clearly wanted to. Today's chart was absurd.
    Stocks will eventually figure out how destructive higher (i.e. normal) rates are going to be, machines or no machines.

A certain amount of rate increase might be priced in at this point, though not enough (no one's expecting much above 3%).

In any event, while stocks take the headlines, the really important action is in the bond and forex markets anyway (and gold).

With Gold up to 1357 3/4 tonight , should I expect the usual profit taking on Fri ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    With Gold up to 1357 3/4 tonight , should I expect the usual profit taking on Fri ?
    If stocks keep rallying, so will gold.

If stocks drop again, there'll be a flight to safety, into bonds, and gold will probably sit flat or drop slightly.

...i.e. some (more thoughtful) investors are starting to see it as a safety play but not yet most.

1400 is going to be a key psychological level.

Apart from the Dow and the 10Y, this should be monitored:

And this

And this:

This one too (why, apart from the government's debt, interest rates matter so much):

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stocks will eventually figure out how destructive higher (i.e. normal) rates are going to be, machines or no machines.

A certain amount of rate increase might be priced in at this point, though not enough (no one's expecting much above 3%).

In any event, while stocks take the headlines, the really important action is in the bond and forex markets anyway (and gold).
    I don't have a good feeling about Monday overseas markets and Tuesday markets here. This week's ramp back up reeked of coordinated manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't have a good feeling about Monday overseas markets and Tuesday markets here. This week's ramp back up reeked of coordinated manipulation.
    I'm not much inclined to those explanations, but yea, this was suspicious.

A rally in itself wouldn't have been suspicious, after last week, but this was strangely orderly.

Dow closes below 25K .

Palladium up 2.00 to 1023.00, West Texas Light Sweet up to 61.68 , Copper pretty steady at about 3 1/4 , Brent Crude up a half dollar nearing 65 . That pushes the one yr oil forecast back to 70 which means gold might be a bargain @ 1329 .

10Y looks to be on the verge of new highs

Walmart tanked today on earnings report, I'd like to know if it had anything to do with debt service cost

Dollar crash is where its at, plus its a two-fer if the dollar crashes our debt does too right? I don't think an economy based on paper money can truly flourish without the fourth amendment. We all know that all went away after the patriot act.

10Y looks to be on the verge of new highs

Walmart tanked today on earnings report, I'd like to know if it had anything to do with debt service cost
    There's supposedly record amounts of treasury auctions this week plus we're about to top 21 trillion in total debt. I think the 10Y could easily top 3% this week.

We might hit 3% today on the 10Y.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    High of 2.957 yesterday, back down to 2.93 at the moment

Since 2/2 (-666 day when this correction started), we're down about 4.5% in stocks and up about 4% in yields

10Y yields got close to the recent high last night, the DOW dropped 700+ today, with futures down nearly 200 more and Asian markets following.

We're only a couple hundred points off the DOW's closing low from last month.

This might be the next leg down after the last couple weeks' consolidation.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the market undercut the prior low.

Unless it gets a bump tomorrow it looks to be headed back to 23K . If it istill there end of April I would not expect much .

DOW broke the old low a few hours ago, hovering just above it now.

USD down across the board, PMs up.

This one too (why, apart from the government's debt, interest rates matter so much):

Chart looks dramatic but looking at the scale it shows an increase between the start and end of just six percent.