Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3152

Thread: Market Crash Looming

Dow down more than expected , it is early though in the day . Still , Gold should push through 1320.00 .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like the Nikkei is still up 1 3/4 percent for the year , the Dow 6 percent for the quarter 8 percent for the year. I will just keep using the locked 4 percent I get for a few dollars and reinvest the rest in something different .
    Do something Danke

Dow up 220 this morning , S & P pretty flat .
    Do something Danke

Without looking the Dow is probably about where it was this time last year .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Without looking the Dow is probably about where it was this time last year .
    It has been hanging out near 24,000- 26,000 for quite a while now (since January, 2018). Trump wants the Fed to juice the money supply to make it go higher and higher.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-26-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It has been hanging out near 24,000- 26,000 for quite a while now (since January, 2018). Trump wants the Fed to juice the money supply to make it go higher and higher.
    Five quarters and no money made . Americans are not very patient . Wonder where they dump it next ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Five quarters and no money made . Americans are not very patient . Wonder where they dump it next ?
    My investments are making money, an average of 8% dividend yield, higher if you consider my buy price. The market could keep going sideways all year and I'd be fine with it.

8 percent is good and you are at an age where it is important to make some . At my age I just rather not lose any . I can get a guaranteed four from my savings account at my Life Ins co so I put a little in there and pay my property taxes and buy ammo and gold with the rest . I am having fun .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My investments are making money, an average of 8% dividend yield, higher if you consider my buy price. The market could keep going sideways all year and I'd be fine with it.
    8% yield is pretty high. Usually that means higher risk investments. I do like dividend investments though. You make money no matter what the stock price does. I have a couple in DRIPs where the dividends are automatically rolled over into more shares (and come with little to no fees even on additional purchases).

8% yield is pretty high. Usually that means higher risk investments. I do like dividend investments though. You make money no matter what the stock price does. I have a couple in DRIPs where the dividends are automatically rolled over into more shares (and come with little to no fees even on additional purchases).

Meh, I consider the entire stock market high risk since you are depending on other people to do something with your money. But there are plenty of pretty safe stocks you can get in the 8% or higher range. Especially if you wait to buy them when they go down unreasonably along with the entire market. But yeah, I own only a handful of stocks that don't pay decent dividends 4.5%+.

A little turmoil in Brazil. Their market etf EWZ at 38.5 after hours down almost 8% today. Usually a good idea to buy panic.

Market probably a buy with a half position here at 282.5 and hold for small rally. Maybe sell first up close vs previous day. Add if Monday opens down big.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Market probably a buy with a half position here at 282.5 and hold for small rally. Maybe sell first up close vs previous day. Add if Monday opens down big.
    SPY at 288.4 four hours later.

@specsaregood

My hold time is pretty short. So I am the wrong person to ask. But since you did ask...

USAS in the low 2s high 1s might be worth a look. https://www.americassilvercorp.com/s...1/2018q2fs.pdf

Trades right at book value. Their primary business was silver but mining silver is unprofitable at these prices. The company figured out how to survive by focusing on lead and zinc production and if silver prices ever recover they will be in position to take advantage. Silver is at 2006 levels right now. Seems at least possible Silver could trade up over the next few years.

This company could be dead money for a year and could easily get cut in half. But could also trade up to 4.5-5 if mining stocks catch fire. It is a real company which distinguishes itself from almost all penny stocks and especially junior miners.. It will probably take a while for things to play out.

It is funny there no gold threads right now when it actually makes sense to be a gold bull. There were all sorts of them in 2013 during euphoria. A couple of interesting factoids.

Here is the average return of gold miners when you have selloffs like this.

And the first time big speculators have been net short gold futures since 2002 which preceded a like 1000% runup in gold.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bonds are screaming recession.

The only question is whether they get it and then the Fed prints; or the Fed prints and it's avoided.

Either way, the Fed's printing, which is why gold and silver are shooting through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    My tiny position on ALO is getting killed and only because their quarterly earnings weren't to "Wall St Expectations". Still profitable, still extracting metals but share price knocked into the dirt and will probably be delisted soon. These markets are so messed up.

On the "bright side", the indexes will absolutely start tanking before the end of August. We won't have to wait too much longer for the illusion to finally start to crumble.
    Are we "tanking" yet?

Are we "tanking" yet?
    Nope, just treading water via tweets and Kudlow interviews (aka PPT and headline reading algos manipulation). Dollar purchasing power is tanking, instead. I thought the -800 day could be the start but when the PPT and the algos are in full control during a major paradigm shift, predictions are pointless. The FRN dollar itself is the biggest illusion...
    Last edited by devil21; 08-20-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Nope, just treading water via tweets and Kudlow interviews (aka PPT and headline reading algos manipulation). Dollar purchasing power is tanking, instead. I thought the -800 day could be the start but when the PPT and the algos are in full control during a major paradigm shift, predictions are pointless. The FRN dollar itself is the biggest illusion...
    What is the current inflation rate? How much has dollar purchasing power tanked?

The fake news love to make phoney predictions by cherry picking statistics and causing panic and profiting off peoples fear, the marketplace colludes to rig economic time bombs and do insider trading to make sure they profit off artificial downturns and everyone else loses. They do this because they can get bailed out and people don't remember that they do the same thing to us every 10 years. The only way its going to stop is if we demand that they quit their bull$#@! and say we will put all of them in jail and have them suicided if they try to rob the United States piggy bank again.

What is the current inflation rate? How much has dollar purchasing power tanked?
    Who cares what some officialdom "rate" is? When a box of Enjoy Life cookies costs 4.29 and has 14 tiny cookies inside the box that's twice as big as it needs to be, who needs "rates" to determine anything? The evidence is right there in the open for anyone paying attention to observe.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Who cares what some officialdom "rate" is? When a box of Enjoy Life cookies costs 4.29 and has 14 tiny cookies inside the box that's twice as big as it needs to be, who needs "rates" to determine anything? The evidence is right there in the open for anyone paying attention to observe.
    Why are you buying things for the retail price? The local grocery stores around my house had chips ahoy for a dollar last week the normal sized box not a small box. I was just at the store and they had a box a freshmade cookies 12 huge cookies for 2.99 marked down in the bakery section. Stores always have ridiculous retail pricing, 18 eggs for 1.19 at walmart or 2.99 at the grocery store when they are not on sale.

Curious how you determined that the dollar's purchasing power is collapsing. How are you measuring that?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Curious how you determined that the dollar's purchasing power is collapsing. How are you measuring that?
    Based on what he wrote I think he is measuring it by dollars to donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Based on what he wrote I think he is measuring it by dollars to donuts.
    He is always promising us that the collapse is due to start at any moment.

He is always promising us that the collapse is due to start at any moment.
    Its really just gamblers fallacy. If you can predict human action than I guess you can predict recessions and depressions. I think that it falls under the whole pretense of knowledge but the free hand of the market is always there and can influence things a lot so its not always predictable. Just things like technological advances or even advances in space mining could delay or outright prevent any sort of a down turn. Thats not to say that its not possible for a panic to influence the market into crashing but thats all human action and human action isn't always able to be manipulated or predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Why are you buying things for the retail price? The local grocery stores around my house had chips ahoy for a dollar last week the normal sized box not a small box. I was just at the store and they had a box a freshmade cookies 12 huge cookies for 2.99 marked down in the bakery section. Stores always have ridiculous retail pricing, 18 eggs for 1.19 at walmart or 2.99 at the grocery store when they are not on sale.
    You're basically comparing food-like-substances (Chips Ahoy) to actual food (Enjoy Life).

Are we "tanking" yet?
    Actually, let's wait and see what the rest of the month holds, shall we?

Gold broke through 1530 today .
    Do something Danke