Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3152

Thread: Market Crash Looming

Looks like it's about that time again kiddies! Bear market rally is out of steam.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Looks like it's about that time again kiddies! Bear market rally is out of steam.
    I would say it has really been stagnant on a fairly consistent basis for the past five quarters . It will be interesting to see where it is at in June
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would say it has really been stagnant on a fairly consistent basis for the past five quarters . It will be interesting to see where it is at in June
    If the S&P closes big into the red tomorrow (Fri), batten down the hatches. It'll be a steady drop until the Fed reverses course and cuts rates again.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If the market crashes, I will claim to have predicted it.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

If the S&P closes big into the red tomorrow (Fri), batten down the hatches. It'll be a steady drop until the Fed reverses course and cuts rates again.
    So Great Recession Part II starts tomorrow? Is it due to the high unemployment we have or the high inflation rate or collapsing productivity in the factories?

Stocks have been relatively flat for quite a while now but there is no news expected which could cause investors to dump shares.

The next crash is coming in 2009! 2010! 2011! I really mean it this time- 2012!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-07-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So Great Recession Part II starts tomorrow? Is it due to the high unemployment we have or the high inflation rate or collapsing productivity in the factories?
    None of that figured into 2008 either, did it? Nope. All of those are eventual results of sell-offs and recession, not the cause of sell-offs and recession.

Stocks have been relatively flat for quite a while now but there is no news expected which could cause investors to dump shares.
    "The news" is bull$#@! and investors don't control the lion's share of the markets. Automatic trading computers do. "The news" is by-and-large merely cover stories to explain to the sheep why the markets went up/down and to trigger the computers into acting. It's all manipulated and full of lies.

The next crash is coming in 2009! 2010! 2011! I really mean it this time- 2012!
    I guess we can count Zippy under the "markets will never crash again" camp, which is funny since one page back he says that markets will crash again eventually. lol

For everyone that's not a banker shill, the signs are all there.........
    Last edited by devil21; 03-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess we can count Zippy under the "markets will never crash again" camp, which is funny since one page back he says that markets will crash again eventually. lol
    Eventually they will but the every year claim that "this is the year!" is getting old. Someday it will be right and "see, I told you! I knew it was coming!" and ignore all the times it was wrong.

S&P currently negative on the day (down less than one percent). The crash is starting?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-08-2019 at 12:47 PM.

LOL look at that ramp into the close. Seems legit....

10 year anniversary of the start of the CB fueled bull market just passed. 666 on 3/6/9
    Last edited by devil21; 03-08-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Today is one of the single most short term bullish days you will see. 92% chance market closes higher over the next 7 days.

S&P closed off five points. Not even percent- points. Fed going to start QE up again?

(on the other hand, you did say BIG into the red- it was not big but barely into the red).

Even with a lower than expected jobs report. Unemployment went down and wages were up. Not sounding like a recession.

U.S. adds meager 20,000 jobs in February to mark smallest increase in 17 months

Unemployment rate drops to 3.8% from 4%, wages grow faster

The numbers: American businesses and other employers created the fewest new jobs in February in 17 months, the latest sign of a broader slowdown in the U.S. economy.

The economy added just 20,000 new jobs last month, the smallest gain since September 2017, the government said Friday.

The number of new nonfarm jobs created last month was well below the 172,000 MarketWatch forecast, but the slowdown was probably exaggerated by heavy snow and other seasonal oddities that are unlikely to persist. The U.S. has been adding more than 200,000 new jobs a month for the past year.

Hiring sputtered in February in construction, retail and shipping and was muted in most other industries.

What happened: The biggest dropoff in hiring in February took place in construction, where employment fell 31,000 after a 53,000 increase in January. The sharp swing in construction employment is likely evidence that government statisticians had trouble with seasonal adjustments.

A similarly large swing took place among hotels and restaurants, whose employment was flat in February after an outsized 89,000 increase in January that was the second largest in the past 20 years.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-08-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Trump retweets post saying the jobs report was "amazing news for all Americans!" (they ignored the only 20,000 jobs created part).

S&P closed off five points. Not even percent- points. Fed going to start QE up again?
    What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about the Fed restarting QE today?

Can you post a chart of today's S&P500 for us so we can see that red 5 point close.

Even with a lower than expected jobs report. Unemployment went down and wages were up. Not sounding like a recession.
    Lower than expected. That's one way to put it, I guess. Since prior month's reports are invariably quietly revised downward, sometimes yugely, the real number likely showed negative job growth for the month.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about the Fed restarting QE today?

Can you post a chart of today's S&P500 for us so we can see that red 5 point close.

Lower than expected. That's one way to put it, I guess. Since prior month's reports are invariably quietly revised downward, sometimes yugely, the real number likely showed negative job growth for the month.
    Actually it was down 5.86 (no time to do a screen grab for you). I don't say that the Fed will start QE today. I don't say they will start it anytime soon at all. You said that a drop in the S&P 500 would lead to the Fed starting up QE again. Not me.

As for jobs, January came in above expectations, February below. It will even out over time. Most of the negative news came in the construction industry which was hurt by the big winter storms which swept the country.

Article quoting stocks today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rt/3102501002/

Stock finished lower Friday after a disappointing February jobs report that capped a week of losses for the markets. Investors remain concerned about a global economic slowdown following a string of downbeat news.

The Dow Jones Industrial average slipped 23 points, or 0.09 percent, to end at 25,450 on Friday. Its five-day decline this week marked its longest losing streak since June.

The Standard & Poor’s 500 index declined 6 points, or 0.21 percent, to close at 2,743, ending its worst week of the year. The tech-heavy Nasdaq finished down 0.18 percent at 7,408.

Where's the chart I requested?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where's the chart I requested?
    How about a two-fer?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Today is one of the single most short term bullish days you will see. 92% chance market closes higher over the next 7 days.
    called this one.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    called this one.
    I got the short wrong a few weeks back and slammed my fingers in the car door with that one. I got the short semi-wrong at the end of 2017 even though I made money on it. I was a month early But yeah, that was pretty obvious long the other day. I am glad someone read these. I have probably posted 7 or 8 short term calls in etfs like silver and oil over the years and gotten them correct though you have to be nimble exiting those. And I have pretty good track record when I post about stuff here even though it is small part of what I do. (BTW traded every single call except the initial Bitcoin short, though I did short it subsequently.)

I said the morning of the bottom in December was a once a decade opportunity. The SPY is up 20% since. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...79#post6725279

You can see who what I wrote during the selloff in Feb. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Looming/page99

I called the bottom in gold +/- a couple of days and roughly the bottom in miners with pretty good reasoning. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r2+gold+miners

Bitcoin short was right +/- 1 day. Alio Gold which I sent you basically played out with the tax loss selling ending. USAS had the drop and the bounce though that wasn't a very good call. I did a write up on Maxlinear which is a real company three or four years back and that basically doubled from the day I wrote it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ight=maxlinear
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 03-15-2019 at 04:30 PM.

When the next crash bottoms I will be so rich . What should I do with my illicit gains ? I already have Mrs O , an airplane , a tractor , a boat .......... I am thinking I should add a machinegun . What would you do ?
    Do something Danke

http://www.technocracy.news/wp-conte...ebt-rising.png

What could go wrong?

If wages and pay for Main Street went up at the same curve, perhaps people could pay the bills. But they arent. And Zipmonster ought be along shortly to throw some fluff our way about how it is and flat out lie to us as usual. So why are credit card balances continuing to go up up up? Because people are using credit cards to pay for their monthly expenses.

Some recovery.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://www.technocracy.news/wp-conte...ebt-rising.png

What could go wrong?

If wages and pay for Main Street went up at the same curve, perhaps people could pay the bills. But they arent. And Zipmonster ought be along shortly to throw some fluff our way about how it is and flat out lie to us as usual. So why are credit card balances continuing to go up up up? Because people are using credit cards to pay for their monthly expenses.

Some recovery.
    Looking at the chart you linked to, it is mostly car and student loan borrowing which has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    If wages and pay for Main Street went up at the same curve, perhaps people could pay the bills. But they arent.
    Where did you get the idea that they aren't?

If people are racking up too much credit card debt, it's because they're choosing to live above their means. It's not because normal people today can't make enough to live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Where did you get the idea that they aren't?

If people are racking up too much credit card debt, it's because they're choosing to live above their means. It's not because normal people today can't make enough to live on.
    Of course credit card/debit card and digital purchasing make it much easier to do so as well. It is tougher to live beyond your means when you have to pay with cash out of your wallet.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gold at 1306.00 , I am doing alright .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Gold at 1306.00 , I am doing alright .
    Next downturn you'll be selling trinkets again at tourists sites.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Next downturn you'll be selling trinkets again at tourists sites.
    I would do it now if I had time and thought I could get away with it . I do not expect a downturn on gold . I think that is the new bottom . Dow still inflated badly .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I got the short wrong a few weeks back and slammed my fingers in the car door with that one. I got the short semi-wrong at the end of 2017 even though I made money on it. I was a month early But yeah, that was pretty obvious long the other day. I am glad someone read these. I have probably posted 7 or 8 short term calls in etfs like silver and oil over the years and gotten them correct though you have to be nimble exiting those. And I have pretty good track record when I post about stuff here even though it is small part of what I do. (BTW traded every single call except the initial Bitcoin short, though I did short it subsequently.)
    So what do you think of the upcoming week? Further down or bounce? I think back up on news of the end of the Mueller brouhaha.

So what do you think of the upcoming week? Further down or bounce? I think back up on news of the end of the Mueller brouhaha.
    I think back up a little . More if Mueller would be made to wear a MAGA hat all week .
    Do something Danke

No idea. Nothing I would trade off of. I am dumb. I like easily quantifiable stuff that shows an 80%+ win rate or when sentiment is at a major extreme where the odds are hugely stacked. Neither of those are the case right now.

Gold up 1.40 . Going the right direction .
    Do something Danke

Would buy Brazil's market (EWZ) though at 40 and add if it closes down on the day. Should be good for a short term pop.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.