Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dial 911 and die - You will NOT believe this story.

Dial 911 and die - You will NOT believe this story.

I'm at a loss for words on this one...

Briefly: a Phoenix AZ homeowner suffers a home invasion.

Homeowner uses his firearm to subdue the invader and then calls 911.

Cops arrive, blast the HOMEOWNER six times in the back and then, while the 911 line was till open and recording DISCUSS HOW TO COVER UP THEIR $#@! UP WITH MAN THEY THOUGHT WAS DEAD AT THEIR FEET!!

Family Says 911 Tape Caught Cops Planning Cover-Up After Shooting

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...rotectandserve

By JAMIE ROSS
    ShareThis

PHOENIX (CN) - A homeowner says a Phoenix police officer shot him six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The family says the officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting.

In their complaint in Maricopa County Court, Anthony and Lesley Arambula say an armed intruder "crashed through the front window" of their home on Sept. 17, 2008 and ran into one of their son's bedrooms.

Anthony, worried about his son who was still in his bedroom, says he "held the intruder calmly at gunpoint" and called 911.

Phoenix Police officers already in the neighborhood heard the crash of the Arambulas' window. When they approached the house, Lesley says, she told Sgt. Sean Coutts that her husband was inside holding the intruder at gunpoint. Lesley says Coutts failed to pass on that information to the two other officers.

Inside the house, the Arambulas say, Officer Brian Lilly shot Anthony six times in the back while he was still on the phone with the 911 operator - twice when he was on the ground.

The officers ran into the bedroom after Anthony told them, "You just killed ... you just killed the homeowner. The bad guy is in there."

The complaint states that Officer Lilly "admitted that it was only after Tony was laying, bullet-ridden, on the ground that he assessed the situation. The 911 tape continued to record what happened even after Officer Lilly unloaded his weapon into Tony, including Officer Lilly's post-shooting, one-word 'assessment': '$#@!.'

"Tony believed he was going to die; the 911 tape records his plaintive goodbye to his family: '... I love you ... I love you.' Then Tony made what he believed was a dying request to the officers; he did not want his young family to see him shot and bloodied. Officers callously ignored his request and painfully dragged Tony by his injured leg, through the home and out to his backyard patio, where they left him bloodied and shot right in front of Lesley, Matthew and Zachary."

The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writing in pain."

According to the complaint, Lilly can be heard on the 911 tape telling Coutts, "We $#@!ed up."

Lilly says on the tape that he did not know where Anthony's gun was when he shot him and that he "opened fire because he heard loud noises and saw someone who looked like he might be the 'Hispanic' male they were pursuing" before getting to the Arambulas' house, according to the complaint.

The complaint states: "Sgt. Coutts knew that officers has just shot up and likely killed an innocent homeowner and the husband of Lesley, with whom he had spoken before entering the home, instead of the armed intruder. Sgt. Coutts was quick to commence the cover-up of their terrible mistake. Sgt. Coutts asked Office Lilly where Tony's gun was at the time Officer Lilly had opened fire on Tony. Officer Lilly admitted that he did not know where Tony's gun was: 'I don't know. I heard screaming and I fired.'"

Lilly later told a police internal affairs investigator that Anthony had pointed his gun in his direction, "in the 'ready' position," the complaint states. But Anthony Arambula says he was facing away from the officers, who could not have even seen his gun.

The complaint continues: "Still not knowing that he is being recorded n the 911 tape, Sgt. Coutts interrupted Officer Lilly's admission and apology with his assurance that the cover-up would commence: 'That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?'"

After the shooting, the Arambulas say, the Phoenix Police Department treated them "like suspects in a drug bust," denying Lesley, Michael and Zachary information about Anthony's condition and denying friends and family members access to him at the hospital.

Anthony Arambula survived, but continues to suffer pain, which he expects will last for the rest of his life.

The City of Phoenix and Officer Dzenan Ahmetovic also are named as defendants.

The Arambulas seek punitive damages for gross negligence, civil rights violations, failure to supervise, excessive force, deliberate indifference to medical needs, false arrest, and emotional distress. They are represented by Michael Manning with Stinson Morrison Hecker.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What cops do best: CYA of your sidekick. Who cares about integrity or facing the consequences?
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 10-05-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Absolutely disgusting. Those pigs should have their pictures and personal information plastered all over television.

~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

"The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

I'm at a loss for words on this one...
    x2

That is seriously $#@!ed up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man this is horrible.
    Only lesson I can take from it is if it breaks the glass, kill its ass.
    Then move everyone you love outside the scene till the cops come in and do their investigation.
    Can't trust anyone with your life or the lives of your family.
    Not cops or crooks.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

So where were the "good guys" I keep hearing about.

Yet another added to the list.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So where were the "good guys" I keep hearing about.

Yet another added to the list.
    Ain't no good guys man.
    Just guys.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

...and these are the people we're suppose to trust with guns? God forbid the average law abiding citizen be allowed to bear arms or who knows what would happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    if it breaks the glass, kill its ass.
    this

omg
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 02-22-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Jezus christ F these bastard pig dogs.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Wow... that is unbelievable. Think what would have been if it hadn't been recorded...

Shoot first and ask questions later.

I agree that this is absolutely horrible, but I think there is a little excessive speculation with this article saying that the officers tried to cover it up. The one officer asking the other where the victim's gun was is a weak argument for "commencing a cover up." What evidence was there of a cover-up other than the one guy saying "I got your back?" "I got your back" was probably just the one officer trying to calm down the other officer for the time being...I'd assume the officer that shot Tony was freaking out (hence the "$#@!" comment) and therefore, the other other guy just wanted to keep him calm. I can't say I wouldn't say the same thing after witnessing someone shoot a guy in the back and realize he's probably going to be in jail for a long time...I know I sure as hell wouldn't go ape$#@! on him, who knows what he would do or what was going through his mind.

Of course, the officers did majory $#@! up in several different aspects, but calling it a cover up is a bold accusation with little evidence. If they were trying to cover it up, I would think their would be statements much more incriminating than just the two quoted in the article.

What a horrifying story.

There is definitely a lesson here; the police are not always your friends, and bringing them into an active, unsolved conflict often does more harm than good.

And he was cleared for it too.

A Phoenix police officer who mistakenly shot an armed homeowner during a search for an intruder was cleared of wrongdoing this week by a committee that reviews such shootings.

The ruling by the Phoenix Use of Force Board determined Officer Brian Lilly acted within police policy in the incident, in which he fired six shots at the homeowner amid the confusion of a home invasion last September.

The shooting hospitalized homeowner Tony Arambula, who earlier this year sought a $5.75 million settlement in the case.
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...bula0925.html#

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writing in pain."
    HOLY GOD! Can someone explain to me what the hell THAT is about? It is so outrage, it sounds like a joke. I don't even know if I can explain what I'm thinking. It sounds...just...what the hell? Threw him on the hood and drove down the road? When? The family didn't stop them? And for what goddamn reason?
    Washington doesn't change Rand Paul. Rand Paul changes Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by tggroo7 View Post
    I agree that this is absolutely horrible, but I think there is a little excessive speculation with this article saying that the officers tried to cover it up. The one officer asking the other where the victim's gun was is a weak argument for "commencing a cover up." What evidence was there of a cover-up other than the one guy saying "I got your back?" "I got your back" was probably just the one officer trying to calm down the other officer for the time being...I'd assume the officer that shot Tony was freaking out (hence the "$#@!" comment) and therefore, the other other guy just wanted to keep him calm. I can't say I wouldn't say the same thing after witnessing someone shoot a guy in the back and realize he's probably going to be in jail for a long time...I know I sure as hell wouldn't go ape$#@! on him, who knows what he would do or what was going through his mind.

Of course, the officers did majory $#@! up in several different aspects, but calling it a cover up is a bold accusation with little evidence. If they were trying to cover it up, I would think their would be statements much more incriminating than just the two quoted in the article.
    "Sgt. Coutts was quick to commence the cover-up of their terrible mistake. Sgt. Coutts asked Office Lilly where Tony's gun was at the time Officer Lilly had opened fire on Tony. Officer Lilly admitted that he did not know where Tony's gun was: 'I don't know. I heard screaming and I fired.'"

Lilly later told a police internal affairs investigator that Anthony had pointed his gun in his direction, "in the 'ready' position,"

Keep in mind the pigs didnt know there was a recording and tryed to say the homeowner pointed the gun at them.
    There are two kinds of people in this world.

Those who work and save to provide for themselves and their families.

Those who pander to the politicians to provide them with resources taken by force from others.

Quote Originally Posted by messana View Post
    Wow,
    The first story pissed me off,, but this,
    A Phoenix police officer who mistakenly shot an armed homeowner during a search for an intruder was cleared of wrongdoing this week by a committee that reviews such shootings.

The ruling by the Phoenix Use of Force Board determined Officer Brian Lilly acted within police policy in the incident, in which he fired six shots at the homeowner amid the confusion of a home invasion last September.
    Is incomprehensible.

Added to the list.
    These people are my enemy, and will be considered as such.
    No pity
    No mercy
    No remorse
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

There is definitely a lesson here; the police are not always your friends, and bringing them into an active, unsolved conflict often does more harm than good.
    ^^^That +1776

I can't stress that enough, you bring a bunch of trigger happy cops into a "hot" situation, and you or your family stand a good chance of being the ones who end up dead.

Do not call the cops, do not talk to the cops; they are not your friends, they are not there to help.

If you haven't already, watch this!!

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wow,
    The first story pissed me off,, but this,

Is incomprehensible.

Added to the list.
    These people are my enemy, and will be considered as such.
    No pity
    No mercy
    No remorse
    I think some strongly worded letters may be in order.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast