Thread: Federal Reserve Needs To Cut US Dollar In Half Over Next 14 years

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That equates to about a 5% annual rate of inflation. If it only gets that bad, then we will have gotten off easy, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That equates to about a 5% annual rate of inflation. If it only gets that bad, then we will have gotten off easy, I'd say.
    Heh, will that 5% be compounded annually?
    Keep in mind that they haven't added cap and trade or the mandatory health care tax/penalty into the equation.
    Those will be back breakers for people living on the cuff now.
    Just the fact that someone is outright admitting the fact that this is what they plan to do should incense anyone with a stake in the American economy.
    Seems like a Declaration of sorts.
    I don't see it as a conspiracy theory any longer that foreign interests are meddling with the lives of the American people and dictating our fate.
    I see it as a fact.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    Heh, will that 5% be compounded annually?
    Yes. That's my point. 5% compounded annually doubles every 14 years. It's a higher rate of inflation for a 14 year period than what we've had for the past 25 years or so. But it's not as high as what I really expect. And if 5% inflation is all we get, then like I said, we will have gotten off pretty easy. And, in fact, if you measure inflation by the CPI, then with the money supply merely increasing by 5% annually, prices will increase more slowly than that, since population and productivity will be increasing at the same time.

Admitting that inflation will be 5% is not some shocking admission. The idea of the money supply constantly increasing is not some shadowing secret. It's wide open knowledge. All the claim of the money supply doubling over the next 14 years means is that inflation will be slightly higher than what people under 30 are used to.

But anyway, I expect that it will actually be much worse than that. All we need is for banks to start lending up to their limits again and it will increase much much faster than that.
    Last edited by erowe1; 10-05-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Wait... the value of the dollar needs to be cut in half?
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Now see, I ain't totin' all that water like that.
    I don't think I'm the only one that's gonna feel that way when the rest of the dumb asses like me figure it out.
    I wouldn't exactly call it common knowledge or accepted widely by the American people in that regard so somebody better get to explaining this $#@! in a different way.
    This is the kind of crap that will make people cut up and break $#@!.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

The dollar is currently worth 4 cents compared to gold so....
    "Molon Labe"

bump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think I'm the only one that's gonna feel that way when the rest of the dumb asses like me figure it out.
    I wouldn't exactly call it common knowledge or accepted widely by the American people in that regard so somebody better get to explaining this $#@! in a different way.
    You wouldn't call it common knowledge that inflation happens? I would.

You wouldn't call it common knowledge that inflation happens? I would. I can't say I share your optimism that hearing a boring economist repeat this truism of life to them (and to predict a level of inflation that is not much more than what they're all used to) would be liable to make the masses start breaking things.

What actually will affect the masses is when it actually turns out a lot worse than what this guy conceded.
    Last edited by erowe1; 10-05-2009 at 11:22 AM.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You wouldn't call it common knowledge that inflation happens? I would. I can't say I share your optimism that hearing a boring economist repeat this truism of life to them (and to predict a level of inflation that is not much more than what they're all used to) would be liable to make the masses start breaking things.

What actually will affect the masses is when it actually turns out a lot worse than what this guy conceded.
    Give it a couple of more days.
    If nothing happens, well I guess we really are a bunch of sheep and packing my bags in preparation to leave this death trap was just a waste of time.

Edit:
    The more I think about this, I begin to see that you and I are not seeing this even remotely close to the same way at all.
    You are accepting that the actions being taken now in regard to the Dollar are intended and that is ok with you.
    I see it as an deliberate action to finish off the Dollar and get it out of the way so that the IMF can take over and in my way of thinking, everything they have done previous to this is just as likely to have been a planned effort to get them to the point where they are able to do what they are now.
    Apparently this is all ok with you.
    Who's $#@!ing side are you on here?
    I'm not going to even pretend to understand this but I'm not an idiot either.
    This stinks plain and simple.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 10-05-2009 at 10:44 PM.

You are accepting that the actions being taken now in regard to the Dollar are intended and that is ok with you.
    I can't fathom what would give you that idea unless you either didn't read or didn't understand a single word I said.