Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First to Secede?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New Hampshire

New Hampshire, just cause it's draining the libertarians from everywhere else.

nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 02-26-2010 at 12:58 PM.

I'm pulling for my home state South Carolina lol. We did it historically and we still lead the South kind of.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Alaska or Texas.
    This is my guess.

Texas Nationalist Movement
    http://www.texasnationalist.com/
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Alaska or Texas.
    +1

Although, frankly, if things get bad enough in California they might just have to be the first to go.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the economic situation doesn't defeat the US 1st, I believe NH has the best opportunity to secede. Being in the 13 original colonies is a great bargaining chip since these states actually created the Constitution. States that were bought and paid for by the US gov or annexed would have a major uphill battle to split. And yes, NH is the only state that has fresh libertarians moving in all the time and is small enough (with large state representation) with many natives being energized for liberty all the time. A business partner, me and others have officially filed the 527 non-profit status for "10th Amendment NH" and we have many people who are signing on including statewide politicians. We plan to organize a rally sometime in the near future and are working on the Judge to speak at the event. We are organizing with Tea Party groups, the NHLA, LP/CP and the GOP in order to push this thing through (a law that forbids NH from following federal laws that supersede the state's 10 Amendment rights). At 1st, our mission isn't to secede, just to opt out of federal bullcrap. But depending on how things go, secession could be thrown out there down the line.

Oh, and our State Constitution allows for rebellion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ham..._of_Revolution
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 10-03-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    If the economic situation doesn't defeat the US 1st, I believe NH has the best opportunity to secede. Being in the 13 original colonies is a great bargaining chip since these states actually created the Constitution. States that were bought and paid for by the US gov or annexed would have a major uphill battle to split. And yes, NH is the only state that has fresh libertarians moving in all the time and is small enough (with large state representation) with many natives being energized for liberty all the time. A business partner, me and others have officially filed the 527 non-profit status for "10th Amendment NH" and we have many people who are signing on including statewide politicians. We plan to organize a rally sometime in the near future and are working on the Judge to speak at the event. We are organizing with Tea Party groups, the NHLA, LP/CP and the GOP in order to push this thing through (a law that forbids NH from following federal laws that supersede the state's 10 Amendment rights). At 1st, our mission isn't to secede, just to opt out of federal bullcrap. But depending on how things go, secession could be thrown out there down the line.

Oh, and our State Constitution allows for rebellion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ham..._of_Revolution
    Well back when they were colonies, I think New Hampshire was one of the more statist states. Rhode Island and Connecticut were the most libertarian. But that has obviously changed, lol.

Actually more seriously I doubt SC would be the first although I wish it would be.

Alaska is very likely to be the first in my opinion.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    Well back when they were colonies, I think New Hampshire was one of the more statist states. Rhode Island and Connecticut were the most libertarian. But that has obviously changed, lol.
    I disagree. It was New Hampshire that insisted that there be a Bill of Rights added to the Constitution and they also wanted an Amendment added to the Federal Government forbidding standing armies.
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Hawai`i
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

i say
    montana
    alaska
    hawaii
    wyoming

are possibles

texas is too political and cosmopolitan in some areas:too many splinter groups for the whole state to do it

People, AK and HI cannot secede, they were paid for. If the feds gave them up, I'd faint. It will be NH or VT if any. MT and WY are landlocked so not good choices from the get-go. Plz, look at the big picture.

SC has some good things goin for it but I'm just not seein it happenin.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The state of Superior.
    But not till the crash and society descends into chaos.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superio..._U.S._state%29
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The state of Superior.
    Or Jefferson State?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Superior

The population is very small per square mile, and the area is quite depressed. But there are abundant untapped resources like Iron, Copper, and possibly Diamonds for that area to sustain themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The state of Superior.
    Last edited by Grgeiger; 10-18-2009 at 10:02 PM.

New Hampshire. Everyone knows it's the place to be for people who believe in liberty, and if the government gets tyrannical enough for people to start placing escape from it as a higher priority than career -- there will be a mass exodus to NH. Heck, there already is an exodus.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    New Hampshire. Everyone knows it's the place to be for people who believe in liberty, and if the government gets tyrannical enough for people to start placing escape from it as a higher priority than career -- there will be a mass exodus to NH. Heck, there already is an exodus.
    Texas. Texas all ready has polled that 25% of the population are openly calling for secession, and Texas is currently the only State in which the Governor can come out and talk about Secession, and actually RALLIES CROWDS and get's MARK UP'S in the polls for it. Besides, Texas has a storied history about its Independance, whereas NH isn't as.

I think it'll go Texas > NH > Oklahoma > Alaska as the first four.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui męme

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

People, AK and HI cannot secede, they were paid for. If the feds gave them up, I'd faint. It will be NH or VT if any. MT and WY are landlocked so not good choices from the get-go. Plz, look at the big picture.

SC isn't happening without drastic political changes sadly. Its probably not commonly known because from the outside SC looks extremely conservative, but there are liberal strongholds in certain parts of the state, its just that the conservative strongholds have held onto their strength.

And two districts here in SC may be turning blue which would actually mean SC might become a toss up in elections in the future, but its unlikely.

Still my point is SC is too divided right now to unite in secession unless drastic political changes occur.

- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by justinc.1089 View Post
    SC isn't happening without drastic political changes sadly. Its probably not commonly known because from the outside SC looks extremely conservative, but there are liberal strongholds in certain parts of the state, its just that the conservative strongholds have held onto their strength.

And two districts here in SC may be turning blue which would actually mean SC might become a toss up in elections in the future, but its unlikely.

Still my point is SC is too divided right now to unite in secession unless drastic political changes occur.
    So, come up here and help the cause brother. You'll have a way better chance to have your voice heard up in this neck of the woods, plus be along side many balls-to-the-wall liberty lovers - and those of us that scope out the scene and chip-in money to the cause. RP people have the best chance to exercise political clout here than any other state in this Revolution. I didn't want to move from Michigan but I did, it is so different here. Check it out for yourself, we are having the NH Liberty Forum in mid-March and The Judge will be here, plus either Rand or Peter, come and enjoy and meet us!

So, come up here and help the cause brother. You'll have a way better chance to have your voice heard up in this neck of the woods, plus be along side many balls-to-the-wall liberty lovers - and those of us that scope out the scene and chip-in money to the cause. RP people have the best chance to exercise political clout here than any other state in this Revolution. I didn't want to move from Michigan but I did, it is so different here. Check it out for yourself, we are having the NH Liberty Forum in mid-March and The Judge will be here, plus either Rand or Peter, come and enjoy and meet us!
    The thought crossed my mind the other day when the FSP had a money bomb.

I am going to certainly think about moving there later on after I graduate because it would be the best time to do it in my life probably if I ever do it. I mean I won't own a house or anything, or have a job or a family, so moving and starting off there wouldn't be that hard.

Edit:

I would sure hate the cold up there though being from SC lol!! But the good thing about that is that I would get to see real snow lol!! It only snows in SC once a decade, and thats only about 5-10 inches lol.

- Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by justinc.1089 View Post
    The thought crossed my mind the other day when the FSP had a money bomb.

I am going to certainly think about moving there later on after I graduate because it would be the best time to do it in my life probably if I ever do it. I mean I won't own a house or anything, or have a job or a family, so moving and starting off there wouldn't be that hard.

Edit:

I would sure hate the cold up there though being from SC lol!! But the good thing about that is that I would get to see real snow lol!! It only snows in SC once a decade, and thats only about 5-10 inches lol.
    SC is cold enuf! I too have thought about making the trip up there. What parts you from anyways?

A lot of states were paid for, though-remember the Louisiana purchase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

TX, WY, MT or NH. Whichever is the first to do so, I'm moving there.

what would you bet on?

if I were a betting man, my money would be on Montana.

Texas? ha, that's a laugh. Gov. Perry must have fooled
    a lot of people with his pontifications!

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

Quote Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
    Texas? ha, that's a laugh. Gov. Perry must have fooled
    a lot of people with his pontifications!

lynn
    Perry won't be governor forever. An uprising could easily lead to a new governor (by whatever method...), which could lead to any number of interesting possibilities. If Texas leaves, any other state that wanted to leave could, as Texas has the military (and nukes!) to defend any other state that wants to leave.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast