Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 89

Thread: First to Secede?

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    Member roho76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A cyst on the wrist of the pissed.
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    Alaska or Texas.

  5. #4

    Default

    New Hampshire, just cause it's draining the libertarians from everywhere else.

  6. #5

    Default

    nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 02-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.

  7. #6

    Default

    I'm pulling for my home state South Carolina lol. We did it historically and we still lead the South kind of.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!


    "It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

    - Ron Paul

  8. #7
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,371
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    If the economic situation doesn't defeat the US 1st, I believe NH has the best opportunity to secede. Being in the 13 original colonies is a great bargaining chip since these states actually created the Constitution. States that were bought and paid for by the US gov or annexed would have a major uphill battle to split. And yes, NH is the only state that has fresh libertarians moving in all the time and is small enough (with large state representation) with many natives being energized for liberty all the time. A business partner, me and others have officially filed the 527 non-profit status for "10th Amendment NH" and we have many people who are signing on including statewide politicians. We plan to organize a rally sometime in the near future and are working on the Judge to speak at the event. We are organizing with Tea Party groups, the NHLA, LP/CP and the GOP in order to push this thing through (a law that forbids NH from following federal laws that supersede the state's 10 Amendment rights). At 1st, our mission isn't to secede, just to opt out of federal bullcrap. But depending on how things go, secession could be thrown out there down the line.

    Oh, and our State Constitution allows for rebellion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ham..._of_Revolution
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 10-03-2009 at 10:45 PM.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    If the economic situation doesn't defeat the US 1st, I believe NH has the best opportunity to secede. Being in the 13 original colonies is a great bargaining chip since these states actually created the Constitution. States that were bought and paid for by the US gov or annexed would have a major uphill battle to split. And yes, NH is the only state that has fresh libertarians moving in all the time and is small enough (with large state representation) with many natives being energized for liberty all the time. A business partner, me and others have officially filed the 527 non-profit status for "10th Amendment NH" and we have many people who are signing on including statewide politicians. We plan to organize a rally sometime in the near future and are working on the Judge to speak at the event. We are organizing with Tea Party groups, the NHLA, LP/CP and the GOP in order to push this thing through (a law that forbids NH from following federal laws that supersede the state's 10 Amendment rights). At 1st, our mission isn't to secede, just to opt out of federal bullcrap. But depending on how things go, secession could be thrown out there down the line.

    Oh, and our State Constitution allows for rebellion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ham..._of_Revolution
    Well back when they were colonies, I think New Hampshire was one of the more statist states. Rhode Island and Connecticut were the most libertarian. But that has obviously changed, lol.


  10. #9

    Default

    Actually more seriously I doubt SC would be the first although I wish it would be.

    Alaska is very likely to be the first in my opinion.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!


    "It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

    - Ron Paul

  11. #10

    Default

    Hawai`i
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

    Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

  12. #11

  13. #12

    Default

    i say
    montana
    alaska
    hawaii
    wyoming

    are possibles

    texas is too political and cosmopolitan in some areas:too many splinter groups for the whole state to do it

  14. #13
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,371
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    People, AK and HI cannot secede, they were paid for. If the feds gave them up, I'd faint. It will be NH or VT if any. MT and WY are landlocked so not good choices from the get-go. Plz, look at the big picture.

    SC has some good things goin for it but I'm just not seein it happenin.

  15. #14

    Default

    The state of Superior.
    But not till the crash and society descends into chaos.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superio..._U.S._state%29
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    People, AK and HI cannot secede, they were paid for. If the feds gave them up, I'd faint. It will be NH or VT if any. MT and WY are landlocked so not good choices from the get-go. Plz, look at the big picture.

    SC has some good things goin for it but I'm just not seein it happenin.
    SC isn't happening without drastic political changes sadly. Its probably not commonly known because from the outside SC looks extremely conservative, but there are liberal strongholds in certain parts of the state, its just that the conservative strongholds have held onto their strength.

    And two districts here in SC may be turning blue which would actually mean SC might become a toss up in elections in the future, but its unlikely.

    Still my point is SC is too divided right now to unite in secession unless drastic political changes occur.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!


    "It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

    - Ron Paul

  17. #16
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,371
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinc.1089 View Post
    SC isn't happening without drastic political changes sadly. Its probably not commonly known because from the outside SC looks extremely conservative, but there are liberal strongholds in certain parts of the state, its just that the conservative strongholds have held onto their strength.

    And two districts here in SC may be turning blue which would actually mean SC might become a toss up in elections in the future, but its unlikely.

    Still my point is SC is too divided right now to unite in secession unless drastic political changes occur.
    So, come up here and help the cause brother. You'll have a way better chance to have your voice heard up in this neck of the woods, plus be along side many balls-to-the-wall liberty lovers - and those of us that scope out the scene and chip-in money to the cause. RP people have the best chance to exercise political clout here than any other state in this Revolution. I didn't want to move from Michigan but I did, it is so different here. Check it out for yourself, we are having the NH Liberty Forum in mid-March and The Judge will be here, plus either Rand or Peter, come and enjoy and meet us!

  18. #17
    Member TortoiseDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    University of New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    NH or TX
    In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people, to whom war is always pernicious even when successful.

    The greater the state, the more wrong and cruel its patriotism, and the greater is the sum of suffering upon which its power is founded.

    Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.

    - Leo Tolstoy

  19. #18

    Default

    TX, WY, MT or NH. Whichever is the first to do so, I'm moving there.

  20. #19

    Default what would you bet on?

    if I were a betting man, my money would be on Montana.

    Texas? ha, that's a laugh. Gov. Perry must have fooled
    a lot of people with his pontifications!

    lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture


    architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    So, come up here and help the cause brother. You'll have a way better chance to have your voice heard up in this neck of the woods, plus be along side many balls-to-the-wall liberty lovers - and those of us that scope out the scene and chip-in money to the cause. RP people have the best chance to exercise political clout here than any other state in this Revolution. I didn't want to move from Michigan but I did, it is so different here. Check it out for yourself, we are having the NH Liberty Forum in mid-March and The Judge will be here, plus either Rand or Peter, come and enjoy and meet us!
    The thought crossed my mind the other day when the FSP had a money bomb.

    I am going to certainly think about moving there later on after I graduate because it would be the best time to do it in my life probably if I ever do it. I mean I won't own a house or anything, or have a job or a family, so moving and starting off there wouldn't be that hard.


    Edit:

    I would sure hate the cold up there though being from SC lol!! But the good thing about that is that I would get to see real snow lol!! It only snows in SC once a decade, and thats only about 5-10 inches lol.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!


    "It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

    - Ron Paul

  22. #21

    Default

    id have to go with Texas
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

    When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan

  23. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,091
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    When considering which state would be willing to first abandon the US, I wouldn't necessarily expect any state with a significant Libertarian population.

    Having a complex and informed opinon on the government requires first caring about the government in some manner. I think states that ignore national politics, and are generally uneducated and hate the government would be the first to get out.

    1. Hawaii. They haven't forgotten they lost their queen by the end of an American gun. They do not need American money, they have become the playground for Japan. They are also ethnocentric and appreciate their non-American heritage.

    2. Texas. If you think people are only wary of Texas' loyalty from recent events, the lone starstate, has some other aspects that might require some attention.

    3. California. Bordered by buffer states (desert, desert, rain forest) Californians don't really know crap about the rest of America. They'd learn more about America from TV, movies, etc. except 90% of all TV, movies, etc. are made in California, paid for by California, involving Californians, or simply expressing people in the other states talking like they're from California. If the rest of America fell off the map, California wouldn't realize it. Not that Californians could locate the rest of America on a map to begin with. Hell, I consider myself educated, I've travelled the world, but I still don't believe in New Hampshire. I think people say it's a state, but I swear I have no idea where or when this thing existed. Shires are in England. I don't know about this "American shire" business. Also 40% of the people in California are already citizens of Mexico. It won't take long for Baja and Alta California to finally reunite under the same flag.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

  24. #23

  25. #24

    Default

    I live in NH. I moved with the FSP. (and encourage everyone to check out www.freestateproject.org)

    I think VT will be the first to go.


    (And I think it is 20 years or so off in the future if at all)

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    New Hampshire, just cause it's draining the libertarians from everywhere else.
    NH couldn't even pass a Sovereignty Resolution.

  27. #26

    Default

    As a proud Texan, how could I provide an answer any different?

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    As a proud Texan, how could I provide an answer any different?
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/38174.html

    12th largest economy in the world, 40th largest in land mass and 47th in population.

    i guess california would be viable by these metrics too, but it's interesting to consider

  29. #28

    Default

    The federal government left America a long time ago.

    New Hampshire will probably be second, though.
    If something bad happens, we will be blamed. If something good happens, we will get no credit. If nothing happens, we will be forgotten.

  30. #29

    Default

    Whenever I hear talk of secession on the news, it's almost always Texas. This is from just 2 months ago:
    YouTube - Texans call for ballot referendum for secession
    The other one I sometimes hear about is Vermont

  31. #30
    Member Time for Change's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach FLorida
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    dont know, but I'll likely be going there!
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill
    ************************************

    Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •