Thread: What should the next $ goal be?

What should the next $ goal be?

I suggest setting a new one million dollar goal, but make it for the first two weeks of October. That way, when the official 3Q totals are released on 10/15, Ron Paul can say he has already raised a million on top of that.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Chester Copperpot

Somebody else came up with it but I liked it.. $5 Million By Thanksgiving.. then $5 Million by Christmas.

Im going to tell my entire family to get me nothing for Christmas.. Instead to make a donation to Ron Paul with what they would spend on me.

$10,000,000 for October. Halloween treat.

Whatever he raises, I hope he starts blowing out comercials in the early primary states and camps out in them with the money.

Many towns and cities will be having ThanksGiving Day Parades as well. Now is the time to start looking into that and planning for the meet up groups to do entries in them.

Weekly goals. Start with $500,000 again the first week, then ratchet up each week. Shoot for $10-15 million for the quarter, depending on how each week goes. Keep a running total on the website, since figures won't be released again until after voting starts.

To be taken seriously we need to raise as much as the others. So if Romney or Thompson raise 10 to 16 million, the Ron Paul campaign has to raise that much.

I know we should be taken seriously just for the ideas alone, but the media just looks at numbers, so we have to give them some numbers to look at.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primbs View Post
    To be taken seriously we need to raise as much as the others. So if Romney or Thompson raise 10 to 16 million, the Ron Paul campaign has to raise that much.

I know we should be taken seriously just for the ideas alone, but the media just looks at numbers, so we have to give them some numbers to look at.
    wrong in so many ways. Romney just loans himself money to make it look like he raised a lot. AND Ron Paul is much wiser in the way he spends his money. PLUS Ron Paul has an army of people working for free

I have to agree with you, Ron is wiser, Romney does lend himself money and we have the best grassroots volunteer base ever.

I point out the need to appeal to media's shallow perception that money is everything in the campaign.

I look at Phil Graham in 1996 that had 30 million and barely made a dent in the votes. Pat Buchanan had very little and practically won Iowa, and probably won Iowa except for some unusual ballot stuffing.

Pat Buchanan then took out the front runner Dole in New Hampshire.

Money will give us more credibility with press.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedasbach View Post
    Weekly goals. Start with $500,000 again the first week, then ratchet up each week. Shoot for $10-15 million for the quarter, depending on how each week goes. Keep a running total on the website, since figures won't be released again until after voting starts.
    I like this idea... but I'd like to make a game out of it, a little different each time.

Whatever method used, it is important to set the goals at an achievable level. High enough to present a challenge, but low enough so everyone can feel a sense of achievement when the goal is attained.