Thread: Saxby Chambliss

Thumbs down Saxby Chambliss

I sent him an e-mail during the first week of September complaining about him attending Trey Grayson's Washington fundraiser on September 23rd. When I sent him the e-mail, I checked the box on his official senate website requesting a response.

Just today I got his response. If the late response wasn't enough, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Trey Grayson's fundraiser, which is what my e-mail to him was all about.

Subject: Responding to your message

Dear Mr. *****:

As you know, Georgia has experienced severe storms, massive flooding, and record rainfall in recent weeks. Many Georgians have lost everything they own during already-tough economic times. Upon receiving reports of the flooding, Governor Sonny Perdue declared a state of emergency and requested a federal disaster declaration from President Obama.

On September 24, President Obama issued a Major Disaster Declaration for the state of Georgia, triggering the release of federal funds to help individuals recover from the severe storms and flooding. At this time, the counties of Bartow, Carroll, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fulton, Gwinnett, Heard, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, Stephens, and Walker have been designated for Individual Assistance. Funding for individuals is available in the form of temporary housing, home repairs, and other serious disaster-related expenses.

In addition, Public Assistance is available to local governments and nonprofit organizations for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities. Currently, Carroll, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Crawford, Dawson, DeKalb, Dooly, Douglas, Fulton, Gwinnett, Heard, Houston, Newton, Paulding, Peach, Rockdale, Stephens, Taylor, and Walker counties are eligible for this type of assistance. Low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration will also be available to cover residential and business losses not fully compensated by insurance. Finally, all counties in Georgia are eligible to apply for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.

If you are in need of assistance and live in one of the designated counties, please apply as soon as possible by registering online at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or 1-800-462-7585 for the hearing and speech impaired. Additional information, including locations of Disaster Recovery Centers, can be found at the Georgia Emergency Management Agency's website at www.gema.ga.gov or by calling (404) 635-7000.

I remain concerned about the families and communities displaced by the flooding. I recently toured the distressed areas with Vice President Biden, Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Fugate, and am encouraged with the ongoing recovery efforts. I have spoken directly with local officials in the declared areas to offer my assistance. I have also sent a letter to President Obama encouraging his administration to provide relief to those affected as expeditiously as possible.

If I may be of any assistance, please contact my Macon office at 1-800-234-4208 or visit my website http://chambliss.senate.gov/public/i...ForFloodDamage for the most up-to-date information on disaster response and recovery.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is where you CALL his office and really complain about this crap they sent you
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members