Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DMT - The Spirit Molecule - Movie Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    Or how natural they are....

You conflate all "drugs" into that one word. Your reason is not worth confronting. You have wasted my time in here, please just leave the thread.
    I group drugs an alcohol together, because they serve essentially the same function. Its all an attempt to chemically alter the functions of your brain for some type of pleasurable or psychedelic purpose.

Its just dumb. Like I said, you may as well be sniffing your own farts.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    I group drugs an alcohol together, because they serve essentially the same function. Its all an attempt to chemically alter the functions of your brain for some type of pleasurable or psychedelic purpose.

You don't know what you're talking about, merely going on faith.

Maybe in a couple of years, after you've actually experienced the world a little, you'll realize what a dolt you sound like.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

No i didn't claim anti-drug use was an atheist position.

You reject anything that isn't pre-approved by someone like richard dawkins. "If the atheist community isn't down with it, i need to mock it"
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about, merely going on faith.

Maybe in a couple of years, after you've actually experienced the world a little, you'll realize what a dolt you sound like.
    You didnt even know you could overdose on heroin. You dont know what you are talking about.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your absolutely right. My stance that drug and alcohol use being silly and childish; thats just because of atheism. I opened up the atheist bible, and there it was. Says right there under Hitchens 3:22, "Thou shall not use drugs, because they maketh one stupid and like a child"
    Then what is your stance? Why don't you stop acting like a child and just come out and say it? Why don't you defend your own ideas instead of attacking the ideas of others? Hopping all over the place, ridiculing anyone who doesn't think like you- is that all there is to you? What do you stand for? And you call others childish?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss

Sex is a drug then. Having sex gives you a dose of serintonin. You better not have sex anymore.

I'll leave that to you. I'll let you're synapses and neurotransmitters determine what a fart is.

You didnt even know you could overdose on heroin. You dont know what you are talking about.

grow up junior, you bore me.

have a nice weekend.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

huh?
    I posted this in the religion forum for a reason. This is a discussion on a movie about the spiritual feelings DMT can provide, and the meaning of them (whether they are real or not). You are mocking this for the same reasons you mock Christianity. Your motives are no different, although this discussion involves a substance as well, instead of just claims about scripture.

It does not fit your atheist worldview. You do not think it's possible to feel a legitimate connection to nature by consuming it. Your beliefs block your reason.

Sex is a drug then. Having sex gives you a dose of serintonin. You better not have sex anymore.
    And I agree with you here. So does masturbating.

But Im not the one claiming I gain some type of mystical insight and expanded perception of the universe when I rub my dick.

And I agree with you here. So does masturbating.

But Im not the one claiming I gain some type of mystical insight and expanded perception of the universe when I rub my dick.
    No, but the serintonin gives you a totally unique, and pleasant perspective on the same reality you existed in before the dose. State of mind is the difference between heaven and hell, in my opinion. Get it? got it? Good.

grow up junior, you bore me.

have a nice weekend.
    Perhaps you can outline for me what the specific biological risks of heroin use are alleged to be?
    Quote of the year. For sure.

No, but the serintonin gives you a totally unique, and pleasant perspective on the same reality you existed in before the dose. Get it? got it? Good.
    Does rubbing your dick make you feel more in tune with nature? Does it expand your mind and open up your perception?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does rubbing your dick make you feel more in tune with nature? Does it expand your mind and open up your perception?
    No, but serintonin does, to an extent. It's different than other neurotransmitters in that it helps you appreciate and enjoy nature, and feel euphoric about your natural existence.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Natural Psychedellics are literally a realistic solution to humanity's problems, if only we can embrace them. They grow naturally, and exist in our body's naturally, for a purpose. Nature wants to communicate with us. We are nature, and we need natural guidance.
    I never knew masturbating on the internet was natures way of guiding us towards a greater understanding of the cosmos.

I never knew masturbating on the internet was natures way of guiding us towards a greater understanding of the cosmos.
    nice straw man. More hard proof that you're not a fan of reason.

feel euphoric
    I agree

it helps you appreciate and enjoy nature,
    prove it

nice straw man. More hard proof that you're not a fan of reason.
    You are the one that equated the two. Im just playing with the strawman you built.

Sideburns, these drugs give mystical experiences because they give you a fundamentally different perspective on reality. At the root, they give you greater insight into how your brain works. Your brain is what allows "you" to interact with the rest of the universe.

Everything about you've ever known and experienced happened inside that mass of nerves under your skull. How could changing the chemistry not be a spiritual experience?

See this video, an Alan Watts lecture animated by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, to see what I'm getting at.

YouTube - Alan Watts - "I"
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

prove it
    So you want me to somehow transfer the feelings i experience, from my brain to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by MRS
    You are the one that equated the two. Im just playing with the strawman you built.
    No, i just stated the fact that serintonin is a neurotransmitter that often comes after sex, and changes your state of mind for the better. You're the one using a straw man saying that "serintonin explains the universe and cosmos" bull$#@!. I'm saying neuro-transmitters play a key role in how we determine reality. Serintonin and DMT do not have the same effects on your mind, which is what your straw man consists of.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenisforRon View Post
    How could changing the chemistry not be a spiritual experience?
    Sniffing glue is a spiritual experience?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no natural neurotransmitters in glue, only harmful toxic chemicals. You would harm your brain.

BTW MRS

Why are you such a fan of the straw-man argument? This is a discussion on natural neurotransmitters, specifically DMT, and you came in here posting pictures of alcoholic, heroin abuser, Amy whinehouse, as if that's somehow relevant.

Very few of your arguments ever go beyond the straw man stage, i've noticed.

There's no natural neurotransmitters in glue, only harmful toxic chemicals. You would harm your brain.
    Are they not all used for their intoxicating effects?

BTW MRS

Why are you such a fan of the straw-man argument? This is a discussion on natural neurotransmitters, specifically DMT, and you came in here posting pictures of alcoholic, heroin abuser, Amy whinehouse, as if that's somehow relevant.

Very few of your arguments ever go beyond the straw man stage, i've noticed.
    Nice argument. You have me convinced.

Are they not all used for their intoxicating effects?
    You use food, to deal with the symptoms of hunger. That does not mean that eating macdonalds burgers and fries vs a plate of vegetables, equates to the same thing.

Nice argument. You have me convinced.
    I'm not trying to convince you, i don't attempt the impossible I'm just making sure the people reading this thread understand how you operate.

Mushrooms, acid, and DMT inter with the 5-HT receptors in the brain. When these receptors interact with the drugs, the effects can be profound. Glue doesn't have the same chemistry.

Are you enjoying making an ass of yourself in this thread?
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

You use food, to deal with the symptoms of hunger. That does not mean that eating macdonalds and a plate of vegetables, equates to the same thing.
    I understand. Eating at McDonalds is like sniffing glue. But eating at my local vegan buffet is a $#@!ing religious experience.

I understand. Eating at McDonalds is like sniffing glue. But eating at my local vegan buffet is a $#@!ing religious experience.
    Your body is certainly going to be a lot better off, if you treat it with the respect it deserves, and eat good food.

Just like your mind will be better off if you give it DMT vs Glue chemicals. You do actually understand the difference, right? At least in terms of health.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenisforRon View Post
    Mushrooms, acid, and DMT inter with the 5-HT receptors in the brain. When these receptors interact with the drugs, the effects can be profound. Glue doesn't have the same chemistry.
    So which chemical process turns it into a spiritual awakening?

I dont see why the various chemical processes are relevant.

Your body is certainly going to be a lot better off, if you treat it with the respect it deserves, and eat good food.

Just like your mind will be better off if you give it DMT vs Glue chemicals. You do actually understand the difference, right? At least in terms of health.
    Now you need to make the case that doing DMT has health benefits. Or "spiritual" benefits.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast