Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DMT - The Spirit Molecule - Movie Trailer

DMT - The Spirit Molecule - Movie Trailer

DMT: The Spirit Molecule trailer

Comprehesive DMT Documentary due out some time this year.

YouTube - DMT: The Spirit Molecule trailer

DMT is the most psychoactive substance known to mankind. It is perfectly natural, and most forms of life on earth contain some degree of DMT. It is produced by the pineal gland in our brains every single night, while we enter REM sleep. When we die, the last thing we experience on this earth will be a heavy dosage of DMT. Very little is known about the effects and properties of this substance outside of Dr. Strassman's studies, which this movie will be about. Many people who have experimented with various levels of DMT have an epiphany on how they view the entire world, religion and nature and they often declare it one of the most beautiful and real experiences they've ever had. I personally am convinced that natural neuro-transmitters have something to do with our conscious ability to observe our own nature, and cannot wait to watch this movie and learn more about this substance.

http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

Edit: Here's a video of some of Strassman's volunteers speaking of their experience.

YouTube - DMT Volunteer Experiences
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 03:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is awesome! I became interested in learning about DMT since I heard Joe Rogan talking about it once. It really sounds like an amazing drug.

This looks like it'll be my second favorite documentary after For Liberty.

Make sure to post when it comes out.

Too bad Terrence McKenna is dead, I loved listening to him talk about DMT, I wish he could give a more modern perspective.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post

Too bad Terrence McKenna is dead, I loved listening to him talk about DMT, I wish he could give a more modern perspective.
    Agreed, Terrence gave some great insight into the psychedelic experience, and it's connection to nature.

Some of the things he talked about when referring to the DMT experience, actually correlates rather well with M Theory and some of the findings in Quantum physics.

YouTube - DMT vs M-Theory - Strange Connections
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-01-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post

You might enjoy this interview with Graham Hancock on his experiences with Ayahuasca if you haven't already seen it. If I remember correctly he was supervised by a shaman somewhere in South America while under the influence. Fascinating stuff!

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com...s/ghancock.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    DMT: The Spirit Molecule trailer

Comprehesive DMT Documentary due out some time this year.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to get the book but haven't gotten around to it yet. I should be able to find time for the documentary though. I've read up on Rick Strausman and heard an interview or two. Fascinating, fascinating, fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to get the book but haven't gotten around to it yet. I should be able to find time for the documentary though. I've read up on Rick Strausman and heard an interview or two. Fascinating, fascinating, fascinating!
    Pretty much the same story here. I've never read the book but, I've experimented with some natural neurotransmitters already, but i've never tried DMT, outside of my natural doses.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that our species would be much more peaceful and on the right track if we were all willing to research and experiment with these perfectly natural substances. Natural Psychedellics are literally a realistic solution to humanity's problems, if only we can embrace them. They grow naturally, and exist in our body's naturally, for a purpose. Nature wants to communicate with us. We are nature, and we need natural guidance.

This movie will hopefully get a lot of people experimenting with DMT.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Nature wants to communicate with us. We are nature, and we need natural guidance.
    Sounds a lot like nature-based paganism which are my beliefs. I always wanted to try DMT & it's a shame that such an amazing substance could be illegal.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I always wanted to try DMT & it's a shame that such an amazing substance could be illegal.
    Which is so unbelievably ridiculous, it isn't funny. This literally means that every single human being on this planet is holding an illegal substance, if they happen to be sleeping. The President is holding, the pope is holding, etc.

Just FYI, Extracting DMT from Mimosa Root bark is apparently very easy to do, and you can find out how to do it online.

If nature intended for us to have this substance in us, then it also intended it to be there in the amount that it is, correct? In other words, while DMT itself may be natural, taking high doses of DMT is an unnatural thing. I think the same goes for any psychoactive drug. To find pure beauty in the way the world is in front of your eyes, without alteration, without distortion, without any filter or lens, I think that is far more beautiful a sight than any drug can give to you. To me the most beautiful things revel in simplicity, not extravagance. Besides, any connection to cosmic things that a drug may seem to reveal to you is entirely artificial. If I were to see something so great and so amazing, I wouldn't want it to be fake at all. These sights can be achieved through dedicated, genuine, substance free meditation, and it goes without saying that understanding these sights, the vividness of them, the peacefulness and authenticity of it all would be much more potent.

But, to each his own, I suppose.
    Last edited by TortoiseDream; 10-01-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseDream View Post
    In other words, while DMT itself may be natural, taking high doses of DMT is an unnatural thing.
    The voluntary doses of DMT are far less than the natural doses.

I think the same goes for any psychoactive drug. To find pure beauty in the way the world is in front of your eyes, without alteration, without distortion, without any filter or lens, I think that is far more beautiful a sight than any drug can give to you.
    Something like Magic mushrooms is as natural as any other food. Psilocybin is not a poison, and it grows almost everywhere on earth.

Have you ever experimented with natural neurotransmitters? I hope you're not one of those people who denounces the state of mind while on natural psychedelics with absolutely no experience being on them. If you haven't experimented with them, i assure you that if you ate 3 grams of Mushrooms and looked through a telescope for a couple hours, this conversation would be very different.

To me the most beautiful things revel in simplicity, not extravagance.
    DMT is a natural part of your body, and exists in almost all forms of life on earth. It is not extravagant, it is natural. Why wouldnt I be curious about such a substance, when i'm configured with the ability to rationally analyze my existence?

To me most beautiful things lie within truth, and of course the truth is only properly exposed through simplicity and reason.

Besides, any connection to cosmic things that a drug may seem to reveal to you is entirely artificial.
    Than the neurotransmitters and Synapses that interepret my reality right now are also artificial. My reality is artificial, according to you.

The feeling serotonin gives me, is artificial if the DMT's effects are artificial.

If I were to see something so great and so amazing, I wouldn't want it to be fake at all.
    fake? What is real?

You can't declare such a thing when it's barely been studied. Dr. Strassmans studies definitely suggest that this has the potential to be a little more real than you give it credit for. Most of his test subjects agree.

These sights can be achieved through dedicated, genuine, substance free meditation, and it goes without saying that understanding these sights, the vividness of them, the peacefulness and authenticity of it all would be much more potent.
    You will not achieve the effects of DMT without DMT. Meditation does not come close to natural psychedelics in terms of connecting to your true nature.

YouTube - terence mckenna - meditation vs hallucinogens

But, to each his own, I suppose.
    I wouldn't have it any other way

However, DMT is as much a part of your nature, as it is mine.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That is awesome! I became interested in learning about DMT since I heard Joe Rogan talking about it once. It really sounds like an amazing drug.
    Same here. i saw the video with the tool song playing over it. I used to use DXM all the time with mixed results and have tried shrooms twice a few years back and had good experiences but i can never get them. But DMT seems like it would give me what i have been looking for.

I have to learn more about this stuff, i am assuming it is physically safe but have there been bad trips? if this stuff can change your outlook on life for the better have there been people that it has totally destroyed their view on life? i used to trip on DXM with a group of friends every weekend and one of them was having a hard time keeping touch with reality for a while because alot of the things that would happen wasn't always good with that stuff. I guess i will be googling this stuff tomarrow
    Last edited by pahs1994; 10-02-2009 at 02:34 AM.

DMT is the most psychoactive substance known to mankind.
    I don't think that's completely true. Salvinorin A, the active substance in Salvia, is incredibly psychadelic and active in the microgram range, like LSD. It can produce such a powerful trip that the user doesn't even remember taking a drug, or anything about himself. Granted, this isn't too fun during a bad trip when the user feels like his death is imminent and his soul is about to be ripped in half; at least DMT is enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    I don't think that's completely true. Salvinorin A, the active substance in Salvia, is incredibly psychadelic and active in the microgram range, like LSD. It can produce such a powerful trip that the user doesn't even remember taking a drug, or anything about himself. Granted, this isn't too fun during a bad trip when the user feels like his death is imminent and his soul is about to be ripped in half; at least DMT is enjoyable
    Might want to look more into DMT, it is the most powerful substance bar-none. The effects of DMT compared to LSD are comical at best. DMT gives you the idea your in a whole other realm outside of your body...

Smoking DMT is like launching yourself into the peak of an acid trip. The transition can be difficult.

On LSD, you have a good hour to get warmed up to the experience before you're really tripping. DMT is about 15 seconds, and you're in a new universe.

I would recommend that anybody curious about DMT try mushrooms or LSD a few times first and get acquainted with the psychedelic state.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Oh man, you guys make me lol. If sniffing your own farts got you high, would you do it? You look and act like dumbasses.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Oh man, you guys make me lol. If sniffing your own farts got you high, would you do it? You look and act like dumbasses.
    Actually, you look like an ignorant jackass. You reject anything that isn't pre-approved by someone like richard dawkins. "If the atheist community isn't down with it, i need to mock it"

I doubt your open-minded enough, to drop that inflated ego of yours.

What is smelling a fart? It is the your sense of smell telling your brain about the properties of the matter that just entered the upper airholes in your face. There could be a million other "phenomena" in the universe that we can't sense just like smell. The only reason we even know that a fart stinks is because of 1 of our senses that enables us to tune into those properties of matter. Our senses are evolving and have evolved, and our interpretation of this world is heavily based upon the neurotransmitters our brains interact with.

Nature communicates with itself, genetics are proof of this. We are nature, exploring itself.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Actually, you look like an ignorant jackass. You reject anything that isn't pre-approved by someone like richard dawkins. "If the atheist community isn't down with it, i need to mock it"

I doubt your open-minded enough, to drop that inflated ego of yours.
    wtf does atheism have to do with this?

Oh yea, I forgot. Dawkins is the $#@!ing Atheist pope, and I get all my orders from his unholiness.

Oh yea, I forgot. Dawkins is the $#@!ing Atheist pope, and I get all my orders from his unholiness.
    No $#@!.

I don't know where or who exactly you get your perspective from, but it's obviously heavily influenced by an individual or a group. It's obvious that you're attempting to emulate the behavior of someone you deeply respect. Your attitude is common amongst self-proclaimed "atheists". It gives me good reason to never accept the "atheist" perspective, although i have great respect for many atheists as i do christians.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 09:55 AM.

I'm rereading some of Castenada's Don Juan books right now. They get better with age.

Thanks for posting this, btw. I'm looking forward to it.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss

I don't know where or who exactly you get your perspective from, but it's obviously heavily influenced by an individual or a group. It's obvious that you're attempting to emulate the behavior of someone you deeply respect.
    And what makes such a claim obvious?

Wow, what a moron.

They let you surf the internet in study hall these days?
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    Wow, what a moron.

They let you surf the internet in study hall these days?
    I just dont understand why people would want to do this to themselves. Whos the real moron? Honestly.

I just dont understand why people would want to do this to themselves. Whos the real moron? Honestly.
    Those who attain their wisdom from nature, not just the words of other men, are not morons.
    That chick does not just experiment with natural neuro-transmitters. Nice straw man, and irrelevant point.

Amy Whinehouse is a heroin addict, cocaine user and an alcoholic. These are very harmful substances, and are not easily available for our consumption in nature. Your point is certainly not making you look very rational. There is no such thing as an addiction or dependence on Mushrooms or DMT. They also do not have any firmly known negative long-term side-effects.

You remind me of a neo-con conflating Pot with all the harmful $#@! that's out there.
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 10-02-2009 at 02:20 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't even know what "this" is. You're basing your opinion on your feelings, your faith in anti-drug. The maintenance of convictions based upon boogeymen (in this case "drugs"), toothfairies, or even cloud wizards are all in the same league, imo. That is exactly what you're doing.

And no, I don't really think you're a moron.

Maybe she just needs a little Jesus in her life?
    Last edited by constituent; 10-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.

P.S. I'll see your Winehouse and raise you a Woz

Which is so unbelievably ridiculous, it isn't funny. This literally means that every single human being on this planet is holding an illegal substance, if they happen to be sleeping. The President is holding, the pope is holding, etc.

Just FYI, Extracting DMT from Mimosa Root bark is apparently very easy to do, and you can find out how to do it online.

I've been poking around and so far it appears that it is legal in the US. Am I missing something? Do you have any experience w/this?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
    The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss

Hey clay, free high-five if you take the pic out of your post.

Offer only good for the next 3.5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmandy View Post
    I've been poking around and so far it appears that it is legal in the US. Am I missing something? Do you have any experience w/this?
    It is illegal. If you ever want to know, just check the controlled substances act or the FDA schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmandy View Post
    I have no idea what the legality is of DMT in the US, but i've definitely heard that it's illegal. I'm not sure where you would look for such information? I remember reading once that Dr. Rick Strassman had to put up with a lot of government bull$#@! before he could conduct his DMT studies.

Let me know if you find more detail

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast