Thread: Debra Medina Money Bomb! Oct 2nd

Debra Medina Money Bomb! Oct 2nd

The grassroots now has a website that is taking pledges for the Debra Medina Money Bomb, scheduled for October 2nd.

runmedina.com

We see this as one of the most important races of 2010. Yes, even more important than Peter Schiff's and Rand Paul's races. If they both win they will still be overpowered in the Senate.

What we need is a liberty-minded Governor, who has shown that they are not afraid to stand up to the establishment. A Governor who will nullify Federal legislation that gives powers to the Federal government which are not authorized by the Constitution. A Governor who will stop this encroachment of our liberties at the federal and state level and set an example for other states. That Governor will be Debra Medina.

Please visit the website, watch the videos, and pledge. Let's fill Medina's war chest and prepare her for battle.

COME AND TAKE IT!!!

medinafortexas.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is pointless, she has absolutely no chance to win. Period. I wish everyone would focus resources and efforts on better candidates that can really win like Paul, Schiff, Kokesh, and Harris for example.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

I'll donate! She should get Sarah Palin's endorsement!

Medina possibilities - Go Debra - Texas needs you as Governor!

Let me see if I can expand your thinking on Debra Medina's chances in the Republican primary in Texas and I speak to this with no small experience in Texas politics having lived there most of my life.

In the primary with Rick Perry and Kay Bailey Hutchison - both high profile and both not well respected by conservatives because rightly or wrongly, neither are perceived to be strongly prolife (certainly not KBH) and both seem to support big government positions. KBH husband is/was a bonding attorney and it is highly likely that they profit off of the state's indebtedness. RP supports/supported Trans Texas Corridor and the forced vaccination of little girls without parental consent.

Now let's consider Debra's strong constitutional positions, long-standing Republican County Chair in Wharton County and her rousing speech last year running for Vice Chair of the Texas GOP. Houston we have a problem! She has a very savvy consultant running her campaign and her husband Noe is hispanic. Just think of the bridges we can build there and grow the Republican party base and win the primary as well!

It is the golden opportunity to wedge the other two and insert a real Constitutional Champion in Texas. Can Texas constitutional conservatives, republicans, libertarians, and independents make it happen - of course they can and they are positioned with all the new teapartiers and 912ers and prolifers to do just that.

Video to watch in this post (cannot get to embed here???)

Go Debra Medina for Texas!

For Life and Liberty
    Sandie

Quote Originally Posted by justinc.1089 View Post
    This is pointless, she has absolutely no chance to win. Period. I wish everyone would focus resources and efforts on better candidates that can really win like Paul, Schiff, Kokesh, and Harris for example.
    Where can I go to see a list of Liberty Candidates that have a chance, and those that do not? Sounds a bit like the MS Rep Party approach to RP, he does not have a chance so lets just marginalize his message.
    Changing the world, one Governor at a time.
    WWW.MedinaForTexas.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbmcdonald View Post
    Where can I go to see a list of Liberty Candidates that have a chance, and those that do not? Sounds a bit like the MS Rep Party approach to RP, he does not have a chance so lets just marginalize his message.
    Well when we have limited resources to use to get candidates elected, its only common sense that you go for the ones that have the best chances of winning.

Schiff, Paul, Kokesh, and Harris all have chances of winning a million times higher.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

Well when we have limited resources to use to get candidates elected, its only common sense that you go for the ones that have the best chances of winning.

Schiff, Paul, Kokesh, and Harris all have chances of winning a million times higher.
    I understand that Schiff and Paul have major media attention, but how do you figure that Debra has less of a chance of winning than Harris or Kokesh? Texas is tied of what it has been getting and Rick and Kay have both been part of the problem. Texas is ready for a REAL conservative and that conservative is Debra Medina.

Next to having a liberty-minded congressional majority, which we won't have even if Paul, Schiff, Harris and Kokesh all get elected, a liberty-minded governor is the next best thing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have contributed to Adam's campaign and have nothing but respect for him but if you're going to start this conversation you're going to have to back it up--what scientific analysis gives him particularly good odds at winning when he is running as a Republican in a +7 D PVI district that has had a Democrat win every race but one in the last 25 years?

Polls in Texas continue to show that 20-30% of likely Republican voters are not happy with the two establishment choices, and more involved discussions make it clear that number would be higher if people get past some of the "if we don't vote for A, B will win" rhetoric with the belief they have someone to vote *for* instead of *against*. Add in the 912/teaparty/etc. crowds that have not been historically active but will be at least for this one cycle and there is winnable math there.

Are there any polling results for Medina yet?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

3% in a Rasmussen poll taken a week after she announced she was in the race, which is currently enough to play Kingmaker if she wanted to do so:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...blican_primary

Her Favorables/Unfavorables are close enough to the other canidates to look like general discontent with the GOP--given her general lack of name ID, she has nowhere to go but up from there.

3%!

Do I really need any other reasons to support my argument here?

Seriously people, I can get supporting a candidate when the only alternatives are crap and turds, but you have alternatives here that have more than a 3% chance.

As for Kokesh, I have said the same stuff in other topics about him not having a great chance to win, but his chances are a million times better than 3%. Kokesh could potentially win by being anti-war. The dems sure haven't done much about that for awhile. So I would personally give a little, although not too much, to Kokesh, but I'm not holding my breath about him winning either.

But the fact that most of our candidates not having good chances of winning is all the more reason to put more money and support behind the best ones to give them all the fight they could possibly get. They're going to need it.

And they aren't just running to "educate" or "turn races in a more principled direction" which are things I hear about Medina, and other candidates when they run despite having no chance to win.

That has its place, but if you're not running to win then you don't need a campaign financed to win either.

And has Medina even done anything politically? Or is she just a "random" person running for governor? Because if she has no background qualifying her for governor in the public's mind she already has no chance at all. I mean being a governor is pretty much one step behind president. You can't just decide you want to run for governor or president, and have a chance to actually win, and somehow I get the feeling that sums this whole campaign up.

Or either its meant to be an educational campaign but some people want an educational campaign to be financed as if its running to win.

- Ron Paul

3%!

Do I really need any other reasons to support my argument here?
    And would you mind telling us what percentages Harris or Kokesh are getting in polls?

Quote Originally Posted by PPJSmith View Post
    And would you mind telling us what percentages Harris or Kokesh are getting in polls?
    Even if they were half of Medina at 1.5% that would still be much better because they're not running for governor, so they would STILL have much better chances. Medina running for governor is going to get about as far as the Libertarian and Constitution parties get every presidential election. But like I pointed out there is a reason for those situations because the two candidates with chances to win typically aren't worth voting for.

And I also said that Harris and Kokesh don't have great chances did I not?

Early on I encouraged people not to support Kokesh because of that reason, and I still don't really encourage Harris since he is running against an incumbent apparently. But I thought Kokesh had tax issues, however that has been resolved apparently so he is worth supporting... a very tiny bit in my opinion. He has a small, small chance, but a real chance. Medina does not have a chance. I will be surprised if Medina even gets 3% of the vote when it happens.

Instead of questioning me on Kokesh and Harris' chances which I already said are bad, why don't you tell us why we should support a candidate with no chance when there are other alternative candidates that do have a chance that need our support?

- Ron Paul

AND AGAIN, I ask you, just where can I go to see a list of liberty candidates that have a chance to win, and those that do not? Who makes that call? Where is the data? How is this any different than the Media or mainstream media making arbitrary decisions about what is possible and what is not possible. What that sounds like to me is that you have no problem with people in power making arbitrary decisions about what is possible and what is not possible, you just want to change who is able to make those decisions.
    Changing the world, one Governor at a time.
    WWW.MedinaForTexas.com

No reason to put down any liberty candidates...we can support them all (doesn't have to be donations).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No reason to put down any liberty candidates...we can support them all (doesn't have to be donations).
    +2010

IMO, It is one thing to not voice support, quite another to discourage support...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_Knows View Post
    I'm sure there have been many governors that were elected without previously holding elected office.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger. Rich and famous helps.

Well thats a decent start, better than I thought her qualifications would be, but its still not great really in my opinion.

I'm with her in spirit though as they say lol. I hope she can pull off a miracle lol.

I have made my point here, I won't put her down anymore lol. I'm not trying to discourage support for Medina, I'm trying to encourage support for better candidates. That was my only intention so I'm not going to say anything else since I said my opinion lol.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone lol.

- Ron Paul