Thread: "Super Tuesday" Money Bomblet for Chuck DeVore (R-CA) on Tuesday Sept. 29th

"Super Tuesday" Money Bomblet for Chuck DeVore (R-CA) on Tuesday Sept. 29th

Let's have a money "Bomblet" for Chuck DeVore who is running for United States Senate in California! We are feeling left out in California, and he is essentially the only fiscal conservative running for Senate against Barbara Boxer (he is declared and has a real campaign organization). Like Rand, he doesn't seem to be a favorite of the GOP establishment. They seem to want former McCain economic adviser and RINO Carly Fiorina to run instead.

See this thread for more info:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=211285

One of the goals should be to simply increase his donor count by making a lot of small donations. Of course he would appreciate anything that comes in. Spread the word to your fiscally conservative friends and relatives, especially in California.

I created a quick webpage that is targeted at fiscal conservatives (Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, etc). I plan on sending it out to average, everyday Tea-Party types, that don't know a lot about Austrian Economics. I didn't call it a "Money Bomb" on the link because most of the people I plan on sending it too wouldn't know what that means!

Check it out! Pass it around. For all of us Ron Paul People, it's still a Money Bomb! Or a "Bomblet", since it's such short notice...

http://septvote.blogspot.com/

Like the Rand Money Bomb, this is completely grassroots, and is not coordinated with the Chuck DeVore Campaign at all. It may be a big surprise.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-01-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: error correction

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Way to be on the ball Brian! Nice site!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

I've checked this guy out a bit and here is what I've found (most of the info can be found through the links in the OP, but here is a quick run-down):

He is definitely a small govt. fiscal conservative and is really well read on the Constitution and thinks in terms of what the powers of government "ought to be", etc..

He has a descent foreign policy, though I don't know a lot of details.. see the interview in the thread posted by the OP.. He is NOT a war mongerer..

I don't know his position on the war on drugs or medicinal cannabis. I would like to know what his stances are on these issues.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A pledge counter might be nice for that blog site, that way you can send out an e-mail to remind everyone on the day of..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Brian I just sent an email an offered to help set up an office in San Diego. Told him I was a member of the Ron Paul freedom movement. Told him when we get behind a candidate we are loyal and dedicated. Told him about Schiff and Rand fundraisers.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Brian email him and send him a link to your site. Tell him you're one of us.

For those involved in CFL, Meet-ups and Facebook, please pass this along as appropriate for a grassroots activity...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A pledge counter might be nice for that blog site, that way you can send out an e-mail to remind everyone on the day of..
    Yeah, that's a good idea. It was a very quick and simple page though, not sure that storage and mass mailing are possible with that service. It's not half as slick (or modern) as the Kentucky Fight stuff!

Btw, purely for entertainment purposes (the results would be obvious), there are poll questions at the bottom of the page...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-25-2009 at 12:52 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Brian I just sent an email an offered to help set up an office in San Diego. Told him I was a member of the Ron Paul freedom movement. Told him when we get behind a candidate we are loyal and dedicated. Told him about Schiff and Rand fundraisers.
    Great! He will probably appreciate that.

We may be a bit oversaturated here on moneybombs, as we are right on the heels of the Kentucky Fight one. People might be tapped out and tired. And DeVore is not a known quantity like Rand or Schiff. We'll see what we can do next week! Just a fraction of the money brought in for Schiff and Rand would make a difference.

Yes, we're gonna need to galvanize californians. I'm sending your web site out on my list. I know a lot of minutemen who would love to get Boxer out.

An endorsement from his website:

-----

Sep 21, 2009
    Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association PAC Endorses

*Sacramento --- The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association PAC announced today the endorsement of Assemblyman Chuck DeVore for U.S. Senate.

“Chuck DeVore has been a strong ally for taxpayers while serving in the California Legislature,” said Jon Coupal, President of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. “Through every budget fight in Sacramento, he has stood firmly on the side of hardworking Californians. With numerous bailouts and endless government goodies now being doled out in our Nation’s capitol, we can count on Chuck to go to Washington and take a stand for taxpayers.”

Over the years, DeVore has built a proven track record as a conservative, protecting working families and fighting against the Sacramento establishment. He regularly authors opinion pieces advocating for taxpayers, has gained the support of numerous editorials (“Sacramento is Eyeing Your Wallet Again,” Orange County Register, August 28, 2009) and was recently featured on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

DeVore recently sponsored legislation which would increase government accountability to taxpayers by consolidating California’s two largest tax collection agencies into the California Tax Commission – a move which would reduce bureaucratic red tape and save state resources.

DeVore is running to unseat Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), the most Liberal member of the U.S. Senate.

Chuck's opponent in the GOP Primary.

Aren't we lucky in California? Or should I say Carlyfornia?

http://www.carlyforcalifornia.com/default_flash.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Chuck's opponent in the GOP Primary.

Aren't we lucky in California? Or should I say Carlyfornia?

http://www.carlyforcalifornia.com/default_flash.html

Hmmmm... the only thing I can find on that site about her political stances is that she likes dogs and hates cats..... I think

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hmmmm... the only thing I can find on that site about her political stances is that she likes dogs and hates cats..... I think
    Lol! Dogs vs. cats? What a joke...

She fully supported the Wall Street bailouts with one caveat: she is against any restrictions on executive pay, bonuses or golden parachutes. Imagine that...

Fiorina received $21 million in severance pay when she was fired as CEO of Hewlett Packard in 2005. She received an additional $21 million when Hewlett Packard's board bought out her company stock options and pension benefits. Her compensation package sparked a lawsuit from shareholders.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_128277.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Lol! Dogs vs. cats? What a joke...

She fully supported the Wall Street bailouts with one caveat: she is against any restrictions on executive pay, bonuses or golden parachutes. Imagine that...
    screw her

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.