Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: How to most efficiently read the forums...

  1. #1

    Default How to most efficiently read the forums...

    If you want access to all of the forums and don't want to miss any important threads, make sure you have registered an account.

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/register.php

    After you have done that, you will get a new posts link in your top blue bar.

    Use this to get all of the most recent posts from all of the subforums.




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it



    [mod edit] 40 Post Per Page setting can now be found at the following location: Settings>>General Settings>>Number of Posts to Show Per Page
    Last edited by jct74; 08-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Thanks for that one.
    I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this. - Soren Kierkegaard

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it
    Yea, that one saves a lot of time and refreshes.


  6. #5
    Member kaleidoscope eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Here, There, and Everywhere
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it
    whoa thanks, didn't know about this!
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

    "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

  7. #6
    Member Bruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    19,518

    Default

    I barely go anywhere besides New Posts. Thanks for the tip for those who don't use it, Josh!

    Also handy to preview before you open a new thread, in case there is a duplicate in another forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it
    Awesome! Thanks!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

  8. #7

    Default

    I also have my options set to automatically 'subscribe' to every thread I comment in, and then I have http://www.ronpaulforums.com/subscription.php bookmarked.

  9. #8

    Default

    What happened to the New Posts (and Search) link?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    What happened to the New Posts (and Search) link?

    yeah


    WTF!!!

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smithtg View Post
    yeah


    WTF!!!
    agreed
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

    "As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

  12. #11

    Default

    I never even knew about "New Posts" for my first two and a half years here. Discovering it was one of those "Oh, snap!" moments, and I've been twice as dangerous ever since!

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    If you want access to all of the forums and don't want to miss any important threads, make sure you have registered an account.

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/register.php

    After you have done that, you will get a new posts link in your top blue bar.

    Use this to get all of the most recent posts from all of the subforums.


    Such a very amazing link!
    Thanks you for the post.

  14. #13

    Default

    tl,dr...
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it
    srsly? Awesome! ~hugs~ This knowledge will change teh world!
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-26-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    srsly? Awesome! ~hugs~ This knowledge will change teh world!

    dood, you was still readin' 10 posts at a tyme???

    LOL i LAUGH at you!

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    dood, you was still readin' 10 posts at a tyme???

    LOL i LAUGH at you!
    psshh! biotch! I LAUGH at you too, and fart in your general direction!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  18. #17

    Default

    forumat e dosta dobra, pozdravleniq

  19. #18

    Default

    Dumb question but what/where is USER CP>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it

    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...


    John Stevens
    www.RLCNEF.org

  20. #19

    Default

    well i will look into it.

  21. #20

  22. #21

    Default

    I'm going to move this thread into Grassroots Central temporarily for some of the members here that might not be aware of this feature. There are some great liberty candidate running for office in 2012 and it would be good to draw as much attention to these races as possible, so if you have not discovered the New Posts button yet start using it and you will not miss out on anything regarding these liberty candidates or other important topics discussed on this forum.
    Last edited by jct74; 08-04-2012 at 06:05 PM.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    Another good one is

    User CP>>Settings&Options>>Edit Options>>Thread display options>> Show 40 posts per page.


    Saved me an awful lot of page flipping when i learned about it


    [mod edit] 40 Post Per Page setting can now be found at the following location: Settings>>General Settings>>Number of Posts to Show Per Page
    That is a good one too. I think most people here are aware of the New Posts button, but I'm always suprised at the number of people that do not use the 40 posts per page setting. Perhaps some members do not use it because for their particular computer setup it takes too long to load the pages that way. But I think it is mostly because those people are not aware of it. I wonder if there is actually a way for the administrators to change the default setting to 40, that might be something worth doing.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I'm going to move this thread into Grassroots Central temporarily for some of the members here that might not be aware of this feature. There are some great liberty candidate running for office in 2012 and it would be good to draw as much attention to these races as possible, so if you have not discovered the New Posts button yet start using it and you will not miss out on anything regarding these liberty candidates or other important topics discussed on this forum.
    one more bump.

  25. #24
    Member Bruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    19,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    That is a good one too. I think most people here are aware of the New Posts button, but I'm always suprised at the number of people that do not use the 40 posts per page setting. Perhaps some members do not use it because for their particular computer setup it takes too long to load the pages that way. But I think it is mostly because those people are not aware of it. I wonder if there is actually a way for the administrators to change the default setting to 40, that might be something worth doing.
    Agree and thank you for those that didn't know. It helps even more with the mobile theme.






« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •