Thread: 6 economists on why Ron Paul’s Fed audit idea is wrong

6 economists on why Ron Paul’s Fed audit idea is wrong

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are thousands that think he is wrong. Of course, they are all part of the Keysnian school, are Fed-friendly, and didn't see this economic downturn coming, so they have little credibility.

From the comments:

Anil Kashyap determines what the bill “suggests”?

This is pure speculation.

Is he a impartial, objective source, to use?

There seems to a major conflict of interest here, between objective journalism and the organization that pays you money.

http://www.chicagobooth.edu/faculty/bio. aspx?person_id=12825159680

“Prior to joining the Chicago Booth faculty in 1991, Kashyap spent three years as an economist for the Board of Governors for the Federal Reserve System. He currently works as a consultant for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and serves as a member of the Economic Advisory Panel of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and as a Research Associate for the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).”
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Ha, it seems like half those economists are saying that if the bill passes, the Fed is more likely to monetize the debt and create inflation.

In other words, passing this bill would have the opposite effect Ron Paul supposedly wants ( according to these guys ).
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    In a subsequent article, he challenged us to provide a list of economists who agree with the "Audit the Fed" - he got a realllllly long list. No more articles from him.

Afraid? No. I'm afraid of a future where the Fed is still allowed to exist.

Currently the fed only exists to debase our currency which quite frankly should be tried for not just treason but THEFT, both foreign and domestic theft.

if it passes through the house I will get drunk and walk around on the sidewalk in my underwear looking for pizza
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    if it passes through the house I will get drunk and walk around on the sidewalk in my underwear looking for pizza
    no 2500 post requirement?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul