Thread: Rand to DC fat cats: "stay outta my race, stay outta my state"

Rand to DC fat cats: "stay outta my race, stay outta my state"

While discussing Republican leaders funding bailouts and not following the platform, Rand Paul had words for the 23 Senators who were attempting to bailout his opponent:

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Paul
    A lot of those people who voted for the bank bailout are coming to Kentucky and are giving buckets of cash to my Republican opponent, and I wish they'd stay outta my race, and stay outta my state and let the people of Kentucky decide what's best for Kentucky.
    5:29

YouTube - Rand Paul "I Would Argue That We Don't Have Capitalism In Health Care Now! pt.2
    Last edited by Ian A.; 09-17-2009 at 05:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a Kentuckian, STAY OUT TARP boys!
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

While there's a huge difference between grassroots activists and DC politicians (and corporations, etc.), I wonder if a comment like this might backfire and get him called a hypocrite...after all, he draws a lot of his fundraising from out of state individual donors.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    While there's a huge difference between grassroots activists and DC politicians (and corporations, etc.), I wonder if a comment like this might backfire and get him called a hypocrite...after all, he draws a lot of his fundraising from out of state individual donors.
    Small donors in favor of limited government vs senators who voted for tarp.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by Ian A. View Post
    While discussing Republican leaders funding bailouts and not following the platform, Rand Paul had words for the 23 Senators who were attempting to bailout his opponent:

5:29

YouTube - Rand Paul "I Would Argue That We Don't Have Capitalism In Health Care Now! pt.2
    The second part of that video was hilarious. One caller was a prankster, the other was an angry idiot.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    ...the other was an angry idiot.
    And Rand gave a damn good answer. Reminds me of the hack questions directed to Ron during the debates.

www.kentuckyfight.com

Title bout, coming soon!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.