Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Only have 400 Pledges on Kentucky Fight!

We Only have 400 Pledges on Kentucky Fight!

Tracy
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720941620
    http://www.myspace.com/anarkyisorder

Tracy

PS Please donate to our SD Liberty PAC and send as many Ron Paul delegates to Tampa from SD as possible.
    http://southdakotaforliberty.com/
    Like us on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...74626939256447

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was hoping it'd hit at least 1,000 for the money bomb, but at the rate it's going to get even halfway there (500), it doesn't look too likely.

Still think a Ron Paul e-mail need to be sent.

We need to inform everyone on myspace/facebook.

610 members have visited the forum in the last 24 hours, more than have pledged at kentuckyfight.com. Maybe people aren't willing to commit to the hundred, but will contribute, and hopefully will get swept up in the excitement on the day of. Still, quite inexcusable, Rand is the man to get behind 100%. I think we'll drag more of our compatriots into the fight the closer we get to the primary.

I've been saying for a while now this money bomb idea is done with. It was overused and it's not going to work anymore. Need a new internet fundraising concept.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    I've been saying for a while now this money bomb idea is done with. It was overused and it's not going to work anymore. Need a new internet fundraising concept.
    But it worked only a short time ago, raising over half of Rand's total contributions in one day. However, I'm sure that there's enough creativity here to come up with some cool permutations on the concept.

That is bunk. Rand Paul took in over 430,000 dollars on August 20th. Schiff took in hundreds of thousands on August 7th.

It's a combination of money bomb saturation and poor promotion. We can still organize this to be highly successful (meaning $250,000+), there is still plenty of time if people here get active.

August 7th (Schiff)
    August 20th (Paul)
    September 9th (Schiff)
    September 17th (Germond)
    September 23rd (Paul)

Like I said: saturation. After this, the next Rand Paul money bomb probably shouldn't be till November 5th.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    The facebook group has over 1,000 members
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121122948545
    Why don't we e-mail the group then?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720941620
    http://www.myspace.com/anarkyisorder

Tracy

PS Please donate to our SD Liberty PAC and send as many Ron Paul delegates to Tampa from SD as possible.
    http://southdakotaforliberty.com/
    Like us on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...74626939256447

This money bomb will do better than we think, twice as many aren't signed up.

Another money bomb idea, could be the "money hour" - a chosen hour on a day in which everybody donates. We could pick a time that best suits the time zones and after most are out of work, and since there are so many races, we could condense these smaller money bombs into an hour, much more motivating and would have the same effect afterwards for people to donate... I think this has potential in the off-season elections and the smaller races.

It's the natural progression of the money bomb for the off-season... what do you all think?

It's the "stealth" lazer guided money bomb....even more lethal
    Last edited by Michigan11; 09-13-2009 at 11:31 AM.

A lot of people who didn't sign up will donate. I never sign those pledge things. I don't even think we should have a pledge count. It's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    A lot of people who didn't sign up will donate. I never sign those pledge things. I don't even think we should have a pledge count. It's pointless.
    True, but it's good to know how much we will have if not a single other soul donates. If 500 people sign the pledge, that gives him $50,000 right off the bat. The next money bomb for any candidate shouldn't be until November, and even that's pushing it. The next one should probably be in December at the earliest.

If nothing else, we now know that 5 money bombs, four being for our two Senate Candidates, within 46/47 days is a bad idea. Two within 60 is fine, but four within 45 is not.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    True, but it's good to know how much we will have if not a single other soul donates. If 500 people sign the pledge, that gives him $50,000 right off the bat. The next money bomb for any candidate shouldn't be until November, and even that's pushing it. The next one should probably be in December at the earliest.

If nothing else, we now know that 5 money bombs, four being for our two Senate Candidates, within 46/47 days is a bad idea. Two within 60 is fine, but four within 45 is not.
    as for big moneybombs at the moment i totaly agree. the one for schiff this month shouldnt have tryed to sneak in if they expected big results but thats no reasion not do do smaller scale ones in addition to the larger efforts

the one for rand seemed a little early but with the trey fundraiser happenin it was and still is a good date and im still hoping to see some decent numbers

i also think that there should be a way to sign up for email reminders for these things without pledging 100 dollars as im sure some who dont stay on top of things as much dont forget about them after they have seen them scince they couldnt commit 100 bux

hopefully we should see things pick up more and more as we get closer to the elections
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    as for big moneybombs at the moment i totaly agree. the one for schiff this month shouldnt have tryed to sneak in if they expected big results but thats no reasion not do do smaller scale ones in addition to the larger efforts

the one for rand seemed a little early but with the trey fundraiser happenin it was and still is a good date and im still hoping to see some decent numbers

i also think that there should be a way to sign up for email reminders for these things without pledging 100 dollars as im sure some who dont stay on top of things as much dont forget about them after they have seen them scince they couldnt commit 100 bux

hopefully we should see things pick up more and more as we get closer to the elections
    Isn't the point of a money bomb to make it big? Small money bombs seem pointless to me. People can donate whenever they want to, but it seems the best for a particular candidate to do it all in one day. The smaller candidates (Jaynee, RJ, Kokesh) can have one whenever they want, but it will be just that, a small money bomb.

Agreed. And considering the circumstances, getting Schiff to over $1 million seems reasonable too, but it shouldn't have been called a money bomb.

Agreed. I never sign up for the pledges either, but that doesn't mean I don't donate. I prefer to throw $20 in every time, and if there are six or seven money bombs before the Primary, I'll have given $140.

We should. This is one of the few places that cares about politics outside of election years.

As for things that are more important than money bombs right now:

* Getting the Libertarian/Constitution Party to help Rand/Schiff/other Liberty Candidates. A.K.A. Tell them to support our candidate and not run against him/her.

* Talk to the media, get name recognition. Try and get in good with an editorial board or two and have them endorse a Liberty candidate.

* Lining up volunteers. The campaigns have hopefully already gathered a bunch of people in their respective states to canvass for them.

There are others, but those are starting points.

Again, I will bring up the idea of a "money hour" - a designated hour on a day we choose, promoted like a money bomb.

Most of us realize the bigger the money bomb starts out in the beginning hours, the more likely people are to donate through out the day.

Therefore, choose an hour on a day and promote it... in off elections this would prove to be our winning ticket to bringing in funds.

* Lining up volunteers. The campaigns have hopefully already gathered a bunch of people in their respective states to canvass for them.
    No joke. I offered to take two full weeks off of work and travel to KY at my own expense to campaign for Rand if they just told me when the most advantageous time would be for me to do so, and no one ever responded.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Rand & Peter should share money bomb dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Again, I will bring up the idea of a "money hour" - a designated hour on a day we choose, promoted like a money bomb.

Most of us realize the bigger the money bomb starts out in the beginning hours, the more likely people are to donate through out the day.

Therefore, choose an hour on a day and promote it... in off elections this would prove to be our winning ticket to bringing in funds.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209897 Someone has taken credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMoran
    No joke. I offered to take two full weeks off of work and travel to KY at my own expense to campaign for Rand if they just told me when the most advantageous time would be for me to do so, and no one ever responded.
    That's not good. When would you want to complete that, though? Theoretically, they would only need people from February or March onwards.

Didn't see that thread, but if you look at my original post in this thread(last post 1st page), the time I posted was several hours before this other thread you linked to. Who cares about the credit for it what does everybody think about it?

Share some thoughts....

I don't think people are expecting any record breaking money bombs in the off-season, therefore we should shorten the time frame of the money bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMoran View Post
    I forwarded that email to one of the coordinators.

No doubt, spring will be the best time to come March up to May 18th....
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Didn't see that thread, but if you look at my original post in this thread(last post 1st page), the time I posted was several hours before this other thread you linked to. Who cares about the credit for it what does everybody think about it?

Share some thoughts....

I don't think people are expecting any record breaking money bombs in the off-season, therefore we should shorten the time frame of the money bombs...
    Just messin' with ya, I knew you were first. And yeah, a good and very unselfish point.

Just messin' with ya, I knew you were first. And yeah, a good and very unselfish point.
    LOL... Nice! glad u got an opinion on this. I thinks a damn good idea.

Then evenetually it could all take place within a "minute"

Breaking news: Rand receives $1million dollars in one single minute! New World Record!!!!

Anyone interested in discussing this "one hour money bomb" any further should go here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209897

we have one more week to promote this !!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're a dumbass too...

I dont understand why on these pledge sites it's always 100. Couldn't people pledge a certain dollar amount? I will probably donate on the 23rd but only give 25 dollars. I won't pledge on the site obviously. So we end up playing these guessing games like "we have so many people signed up, but X amount of people haven't pledged on the site so we can really expect to raise-"
    "There is no such thing as society: there are individual men and women, and there are families." --Margaret Thatcher

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."--Margaret Thatcher

Can a website handle thousands of people donating in the same minute or hour? And if you want to help get more pledges, help here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207856

there are so many candidates that need money is also a problem. I think the new idea should be a money carpet bomb. just freak'n take a day and donate to all candidates instead of multiple days for multiple candidates.

Can we get Rand to pull a Joe Wilson somehow?
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Can we get Rand to pull a Joe Wilson somehow?
    Yeah but do not apologize like an idiot. Wilson could have gotten a lot more traction if he didn't apologize and more media coverage.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast