Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSNBC pundits declare 10th Amendment a "bunch of baloney"

MSNBC pundits declare 10th Amendment a "bunch of baloney"

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unreal. Talk about lying, then insulting. That explains why msnbc has less viewers than the New Hampshire population.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Unreal. Talk about lying, then insulting. That explains why msnbc has less viewers than the New Hampshire population.
    But you won't see a lot of people outraged. I don't know if I would call it lying if it reflects the values of the majority of Americans.

We are a democracy.. what the majority want the majority get... there is no limits to the Constitution... phooey on those who clam otherwise... they are just a bunch of kooks for believing in limits.

Someone should have told Washington when he took office to do whatever the hell he wanted since there was no limit to what he could tax and spend on... apparently when he sat in for the creation of the thing he must have missed the memo

Those members of the inner party don't even look like me, so it's easy to dismiss them. What's dangerous is when they use White Bread Americans like Beck to co-opt the movement.

that disgusts me more than I thought possible..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Their ratings will continue to decline, although probably still not as fast as CNN's.

Angry Americans consider MSNBC "a bunch of baloney".

Sorry , no source, other than me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Why anyone watches a GE propaganda station

amazes me. GE is bankrupt, it has over 1/2 a trillion in debt and more for pensions,healthcare etc. It has massive losses at GE capital. It has sold out to the government since only your taxes can ever pay the notes off and the benes promised to workers. Its not a mystery. The government took them over silently and as such you get gubmint news and analysis.

Here, let us permit James Madison to provide his input on the "general welfare" tidbit:

With respect to the words "general welfare," I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Here, let us permit James Madison to provide his input on the "general welfare" tidbit:
    This is also a good one

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one...."
    -- James Madison, letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

Amazing that MSNBC would even dare to bring up the Constitution and attempt to use it to defend their position.

Also amazing how blatantly wrong they are in their interpretation.

Wonder if they quoted the Constitution when they had that armed protester from NH or AZ on?

Oh yeah, they didn't.

When the Berlin wall came down did the former Radio Moscow journalists all get jobs at MSNBC.

They are an outright Communist propaganda channel and hope eventually they meet the same fate as the now defunct Soviet institutions.

Do you have a source and date for this?

thanks,

-t

Excuse my language, but I'd that David Schuster IS A $#@!ING $#@!!!!! I'd love to bury my fist in his smug face!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    David Shuster has been anti-freedom for as long as I remember. I am surprised he's not in the White House somehow.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

He is in the White House - their media arm, the BOBot network.

I would say more - a lot more - but it wouldn't be appropriate since I'm a mod and all...

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Another Madison quote.

With respect to the words "general welfare," I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.
    I also like this quote.

James Madison, when asked if the "general welfare" clause was a grant of power, replied in 1792, in a letter to Henry Lee,

If not only the means but the objects are unlimited, the parchment [the Constitution] should be thrown into the fire at once.

[p.257] Brant, Irving the Fourth President - A Life of James Madison [Eyre & Spottiswoode (Publishers) Ltd. London, 1970

Who cares what a pickle pussed

Barney Frankite says to no audience. GE's networks are marching naked thru the square. Its only for entertainment like the WWE, antagonize the audience. Before they are done they'll be calling you lemmings just to get an audience. Watch it and laugh, its Bagdhad Bob all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashertm View Post
    Excuse my language, but I'd that David Schuster IS A $#@!ING $#@!!!!! I'd love to bury my fist in his smug face!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    David Shuster has been anti-freedom for as long as I remember. I am surprised he's not in the White House somehow.
    He is. He works for MSNBC.

Even if "general welfare" was taken to mean, "any type of program that helps the people" the Constitution still does not grant Congress the power to create general welfare programs. Read it carefully...

"The Congress shall have power

To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

They have the power to collect money to provide for the general welfare of the United States, but nowhere does it say that they have the power to create general welfare programs or any sort of general welfare laws (however you may define "general welfare").
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also in that same letter from James Madison to James Robertson, April 20, 1831:

In general, I adhere to the remark, that the proper way to understand our novel and complex system of government is to avoid, as much as may be, the use of technical terms and phrases appropriate to other forms, and to examine the process of its formation, the peculiarity of its structure, and the limitation and distribution of its powers.
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/James_...ames_Robertson

David Shuster heartily laughs in the general direction of James Madison.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

$#@!ers....nothing makes me more angry then when people knowingly piss on the constitution...

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."
    -Abraham Lincoln, April 6, 1859

Jefferson Davis murdered 600,000 people

We need to call him out on this somehow and make an example of him. How could we get some "tenthers" from state governments on his show? He just called a lot of state reps idiots.

Where is this moron from? It would be nice if he were from a state that has passed a 10th amendment resolution so he could get catch flak by people from his own state who disagree with him.

... ah, sweet. Schuster is from Indiana. The Indiana Senate passed a 10th Amendment resolution in April by a vote of 44-3.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/...0th-amendment/
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

What a goddamned fascist bootlicker they have there.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Federalist paper #41 (Madison), the last 4 paragraphs go straight to the heart of the matter as Madison literally scoffs at the notion that article 1, section 8 could ever construe general welfare to be applied to anything beyond the list presented in the same sentence in that section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast