Thread: India's First Stealth Fighter Scheduled to Fly in 4 Months

India's First Stealth Fighter Scheduled to Fly in 4 Months

India's First Stealth Fighter Scheduled to Fly in 4 Months

New fighter, designed by Russian Sukhoi is reportedly more maneuverable than Lockheed Martin's designs

India, one of the world's brightest emerging technical superpowers -- currently, the seventh biggest nation in terms of land area, and the second biggest in terms of population -- is preparing to make a major military leap forward. It will be flying its first stealth fighter in under four months.

http://www.dailytech.com/Indias+Firs...ticle16126.htm

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of attention on Israel/Iran but I have a feeling the next big war could be India/Pakistan. I know a lot of Indians out here where I live and they seem to be of the opinion that it's a matter of when not if. Terrorist attacks happen a couple times a year and India appears to take it on the chin, but they're biding their time.

This is just according to my friends. Of course I hope they're wrong - nuclear powers going to war isn't good for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    A lot of attention on Israel/Iran but I have a feeling the next big war could be India/Pakistan. I know a lot of Indians out here where I live and they seem to be of the opinion that it's a matter of when not if. Terrorist attacks happen a couple times a year and India appears to take it on the chin, but they're biding their time.

This is just according to my friends. Of course I hope they're wrong - nuclear powers going to war isn't good for anyone.
    No, it's not good for anyone...depending on just how many nukes are going off, any countries that get involved in nuclear war with each other may very well be declaring war on the entirety of humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

I have a feeling the next big war could be India/Pakistan.
    You can be assured that if India and Pakistan go to war, China will be involved and won't be an Indian ally.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    You can be assured that if India and Pakistan go to war, China will be involved and won't be an Indian ally.
    I am curious to whom the USA would side with? As well as Russia.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I am curious to whom the USA would side with? As well as Russia.
    US would probably side with India, Russia... that's a good question.

India's first stealth fighter will be an oportunity to get rid of expensive American and European weoponry for many countries.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares. I have serious reservations on whether or not this Jet could be equal to an F-22, and lets face facts. It hasn't had its first test flight and is already 12 years late to the field.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

American monopoly in advanced weoponry production is very profitable - I think. Isn't it major part of American exports.

Tensions between India and Pakistan have ratcheted down considerably since they both went nuclear. That seems to have stablized their relations better. Sure, minor spat once in a while but no serious conflicts or hard fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Tensions between India and Pakistan have ratcheted down considerably since they both went nuclear. That seems to have stablized their relations better. Sure, minor spat once in a while but no serious conflicts or hard fighting.
    There seems to be a major terrorist attack in India once or twice a year. Things heat up, time passes and they cool down. It's kind of a "cold war" in a way but only one side (India) keeps getting attacked. They keep taking it on the chin but eventually they'll get really pissed and the $#@! will go down.

This is what my Indian buddies say at least. I'm not an expert on the region.

There seems to be a major terrorist attack in India once or twice a year. Things heat up, time passes and they cool down. It's kind of a "cold war" in a way but only one side (India) keeps getting attacked. They keep taking it on the chin but eventually they'll get really pissed and the $#@! will go down.

This is what my Indian buddies say at least. I'm not an expert on the region.
    They've been "taking it on the chin" because the attacks were sponsored by a U.S. backed puppet government. Now that the Musharraf government is out of power the U.S. has all of a sudden "discovered" Pakistan's role in terrorism. The sad fact is that the new government might actually be trying to fight Al Qaeda and the Taliban, unlike the Musharraf regime that kept paying them off with U.S. taxpayer dollars.

Anyhow, this big picture is stealth is no longer the exclusive domain of the U.S. It's only a matter of time before stealth defeating S.A.M.s start rolling out. Cell phone based radar can already defeat stealth.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Not too distant future.... we'll have to trade in our cars for bicycles so the government can drive space cars.
    The things that matter in this country have been reduced in choice..... there are two political parties, there are a handful of insurance companies, six or seven information sources, BUT IF YOU WANT A BAGEL there are 23 flavors!
    ~George Carlin

This account has been hijacked by several sovereign citizen extremist groups.

Quote Originally Posted by denison View Post
    If they government ran off of profit it would be more effect and could deliver good service.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Now it is 2019. There is war going on in Indian Parliament for purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.