Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR LIBERTY Docum3ntary Is Finished!!! Whoooo!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great job Adam, Corey, and everyone else!

Tickets are now on sale on C4L's site for the screening in Valley Forge! $10, register here:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/ev...e=registration

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrik View Post
    Tickets are now on sale on C4L's site for the screening in Valley Forge! $10, register here:

$#@!, they are charging for that?

Oh well. Will sign up!

Yeah, they just announced the charge. By the way, did you get anything in the mail for the convention? I still haven't. I wasn't sure if you get your stuff when you arrive or what.

CFL keeps asking me to give them money for this bloody event.... it's up to $110 and I'm not even doing that much there. I have to pay for transportation and a hotel room for 4 nights too. Don't they know we're poor college students???

Yeah the room part is by far the most expensive part, but it is annoying how they keep tacking on charge for "extra" events. Luckily I only live 2 hours away, so I'm driving each day. Gas is way cheaper than a room.

It would cost like over $900 to do all the stuff at the C4L Conference, that's too expensive imho. I hope every YAL/SFL chapter gets a copy of For Liberty and shows it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If we can ever get a director's acct.
    You can post full length video at dotsub.com.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...video_services

Maybe you only want to post to YouTube, but here is a pretty nice list with comparative features. Also, do you plan on torrenting the HD version?
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrik View Post

I'm not seeing anything about tickets for sale for the screening.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Put in for one ticket and you'll see the option to sign up for the premiere.
    C4L Sent an email about it.

When you purchase tickets it's one of those special events check boxes.

you should be like "free or we don't let you show it"

unless the money is going to you guys

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    you should be like "free or we don't let you show it"

unless the money is going to you guys
    Apparently it's going to pay for the room and equipment rental for the evening. If it were up to us everyone would get in free, but that room rental is pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    When you purchase tickets it's one of those special events check boxes.
    Ok I see it now.
    Last edited by AdamT; 09-03-2009 at 10:57 PM.

I just want an HD torrent. I'll donate.
    Capitalists can exploit you only with your permission: by trading with you, selling to you, asking you to sell out.

Government exploits you at the point of a gun.

As long as you limit the power of the latter, the former can only exploit by providing better products, services and options. if they collude, then all bets are off. But that is a problem with government--in that case fascism--not capitalism.

-dew

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulwillWin View Post
    I'm assuming once we release the DVD someone will rip it into a torrent. As for me, I have no idea how to do torrents, and have never DLed one.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm assuming once we release the DVD someone will rip it into a torrent. As for me, I have no idea how to do torrents, and have never DLed one.
    I'd be more than happy to assist you with that. Essentially all you will have to do is "seed" (aka upload) until someone else has the whole thing downloaded.

I'll seed for a few months...
    tu ne cede malis

So excited that theres a screening on Thayer Street!

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    I'd be more than happy to assist you with that. Essentially all you will have to do is "seed" (aka upload) until someone else has the whole thing downloaded.

I can seed too but wouldn't do it without the filmaker's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can seed too but wouldn't do it without the filmaker's permission.
    I probably would not seed the torrent if it has the extra features on it, which a big incentive for buying the DVD.. But I don't think he would mind if it were just the feature presentation.
    tu ne cede malis

I probably would not seed the torrent if it has the extra features on it, which a big incentive for buying the DVD.. But I don't think he would mind if it were just the feature presentation.
    that would be a good compromise. On one hand, you want to reward the creators for their hard work so that they will have the incentive to do another great production, but you also want to get this into the hands of as many "new" people as possible.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Well, he just implied that it was ok, so after the film comes out officially, I can seed it for a while if he expicitly gives permission.

I'd prefer to wait until after everybody gets their local premiers out of the way, but I already know there's no controlling the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    that would be a good compromise. On one hand, you want to reward the creators for their hard work so that they will have the incentive to do another great production, but you also want to get this into the hands of as many "new" people as possible.
    Can we seed a version that contains a bit of text, encouraging people to buy the DVD for the special features *and* to feed the artists? Or is that tacky?

Can we seed a version that contains a bit of text, encouraging people to buy the DVD for the special features *and* to feed the artists? Or is that tacky?
    adamt could make a main feature 'rip' with a promo for the dvd at the beginning and end of it.
    Buy DVD for bonus features and to support our guys.
    Spread the film to spread the message.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it's gonna be seeded eventually by some random person off the retail version, we may as well purposely beat them to it by seeding a "promo" version with some text in the beginning (good idea Angela). Would list the website and would encourage folks to purchase a retail version with the bonus features, etc. Support liberty-minded filmmakers so they can keep doing what they do best.

Would like to hold off until after the premieres though

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulwillWin View Post

If it's gonna be seeded eventually by some random person off the retail version, we may as well purposely beat them to it by seeding a "promo" version with some text in the beginning (good idea Angela). Would list the website and would encourage folks to purchase a retail version with the bonus features, etc. Support liberty-minded filmmakers so they can keep doing what they do best.

Would like to hold off until after the premieres though
    I think that a promo would be ok. I however think that especially the people here, and other liberty places that have been waiting for this should buy the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    I think that a promo would be ok. I however think that especially the people here, and other liberty places that have been waiting for this should buy the thing.
    I agree, everyone should buy a copy or a few copies. My question about making it available for free on the internet is more about getting the film to the masses. Alex Jones has done this to great effect and we can probably dublicate that tactic with great success if the movie is made available. A lot of people will watch it for free but they would never buy the movie. By making it available to that group of people we can get more people to see it and it will help make people aware of the movie that would have otherwise never seen it.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Adam you could just upload a copy on google that is half resolution and flash a banner that says HD version available to purchase. There will be a HD rip eventually but most of us will buy it even if we already saw it one time online.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast