Thread: Why I Always Praise Singapore's Health Care System

Why I Always Praise Singapore's Health Care System

I compiled some data from WHOSIS (WHO Statistical Information System) to compare some of the left's favorite systems, our system, and Singapore. I made charts too, here's my favorite one (the x-axis shows dates but stupid Google puts commas in them):

Full datasheet with charts
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Daniel Hannon mentiond it, too. It sounded like an HSA plan-is that true?

These statistics make it clear that the problem is in the insurance companies. Government spending money on health INSURANCE is the worst possible scenario for citizens, and it would seem health insurance, even in the private market, is extraordinarily wasteful.

If you look at "Chart3" (tabs at the bottom) on the link I provided you'd see that in Singapore well over 90% of all private expenses are paid for out-of-pocket. It's about the same in the UK, but almost 100% of expenses are paid for by NHS anyway. So that may include things like over-the-counter medicine.
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Daniel Hannon mentiond it, too. It sounded like an HSA plan-is that true?
    Yes, they have compulsory medical savings in Singapore similar to our HSAs, but they're not nearly as restrictive. I'm unsure if having insurance (a catastrophic plan at the minimum) is also required in that country, but those are two things everyone should do voluntarily anyways.
    - Me

Then move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Objectivist View Post
    Then move there.
    They're #1 on my list when TSHTF. Jim Rogers and his family already moved there.
    - Me