Thread: Official C4L Suggestion Thread

Lightbulb Official C4L Suggestion Thread

1) Refine the website to match the quality of YAL.com and AudittheFed.com

2) Organizational transparency

3) Leadership elections

4) More store options

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5) Attempt to reach out to members more. They aren't making it appealing to people. I'd much rather try to get Rand and Peter elected.

6) HQ should create periodic polls for most wanted improvements to C4L

Stop with the big brother stuff like keeping track of how often we check our inboxes.

8) Financial Transparency.
    9) Create a PAC so it can give money to candidates like Rand, Schiff, and Kokesh. Or endorse Liberty PAC and tell the members to check it out and see who Liberty PAC endorses.
    10) Spend more of the money earned.

11) Make the local coordinator requirements and expectations less daunting. People that might otherwise want to help and participate may be driven away by the supposed requirements.

12) Give the website a chat room to encourage communication and feedback.
    Last edited by RCA; 08-26-2009 at 06:14 PM.

C4L needs to start captioning the videos they release on YouTube.

Reasons:

One, the captions can be turned off/on with a click of the button so there's no annoyance issue.

Two, very few other political organizations do this.

Three, they improve accessability for the deaf and hard of hearing.

Four, they set a positive example for the other organizations to follow, and it becomes customary to add captions to videos if produced by a political organization if they want their message to be accessible to all.

Five, myself and several other supporters are doing C4L's work for them. All we ask if that C4L do their own captioning for their own videos so that we can focus on the 95% of the other videos out there that also aren't captioned.

I sent a message similar to this to C4L a few days ago, but never got a response from them. If they'd actually act on this, then I'd finally be impressed and contribute to them. For some reason, their letters turn me off. It's too much of a hard sell, and I feel like I'm being talked down to, unlike a certain doctor in the House that talks to me like I'm an adult. Maybe it's just me.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Maybe C4L needs a leadership change?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    C4L really needs to let the states decide how to function most effectively. The top down one-size-fits-all approach is unrealistic.

Add a remember me checkbox at login.

C4L REALLY should contact Cindy Sheehan, and promote her rallies and demonstrations--lest the Liberty Movement forget it's anti-war roots.

http://www.examiner.com/x-20536-Dall...iness-lamented

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

We need a massive restructure of the C4L

Big organizations are doomed to fall in upon themselves and become bureaucratic nightmares. All politics are best delt with at the local level.

I have given this some thought and I know that someone will have a better idea, and I welcome constructive comments. I'm sure I'll get some not so positive remarks as well....

The following is geared toward those among us who are unhappy with the way the C4L is organized, the way it has behaved, and still want to keep the organization in some shape or manner.

If you want the C4L to just go away or you never intend to participate in any C4L organization at all, ever, under any circumstances, that's fine, I respect that and honor your decision. I've also proposed that rpfs incorporates and/or creates it's own PAC....

I'm not quite ready to throw the C4L baby out with the Hack bathwater.

I propose that, if we want the C4L to exist and feel comfortable working with and/or within a national organization:

1) We elect a non partisan board, see below The national C4L is minimized as much as possible, Tate, Hopper, Howard, Rothfeld and anyone else who is a party hack must go.

2) The purpose of the national C4L organization should be to operate the website, facilitate communications within the grassroots and between the grassroots and all candidates and elected officials and to foster innovative efforts to further the core values of the organization.

4) The C4L website is streamlined and made more user friendly, using grassroots talent selected by the national C4L board I'm not a website guru, but surely we can do better...

5) No more mass mailings for donations from national.

6) All positions within the C4L, including coordinators at all levels and national positions, will be elected, elections will be held within 6 months, (national ASAP)as well as a charter adoption, regardless of the % of members to population. One member, one vote in a state is all you need. A basic charter along the lines of what's been done elsewhere will do as a starting point. The voting will take place on the renovated C4L site.

7) When this is done, our state organizations are fully and immediately considered independent entities, and recognized as "the (insert name here) Campaign for Liberty" All mailing list, phone lists, member lists etc are turned over to the state organizations.

8) The state organizations receive 90% (or whatever is agreed on) of all donations, members or not, from their state. Donations from states that are not organized or from outside the states will be pooled and 90% (or whatever is agreed on) will be distributed equally among the organized states.

9) If necessary and approved by the state members, additional money could be given to the national organization for a specific purpose, with full disclosure to all members (how the money will and is spent etc.) without having to ask for it.

10) No more nationally generated "regional conferences" with "training sessions." If there is a need for training, we have plenty of videos from past seminars to draw from--make them accessible to all paid members. (hopefully someone can edit them for brevity... )

I like all of the suggestions in this thread, especially KramerDSP's, most can be done at the state level......
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Seppuku?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What does that mean Danke?
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    What does that mean Danke?
    Occasionally, some executives in Japan that screw up practice this Samurai tradition.

Try this.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    Big organizations are doomed to fall in upon themselves and become bureaucratic nightmares. All politics are best delt with at the local level.

I have given this some thought and I know that someone will have a better idea, and I welcome constructive comments. I'm sure I'll get some not so positive remarks as well....

The following is geared toward those among us who are unhappy with the way the C4L is organized, the way it has behaved, and still want to keep the organization in some shape or manner.

If you want the C4L to just go away or you never intend to participate in any C4L organization at all, ever, under any circumstances, that's fine, I respect that and honor your decision. I've also proposed that rpfs incorporates and/or creates it's own PAC....

I'm not quite ready to throw the C4L baby out with the Hack bathwater.

I propose that, if we want the C4L to exist and feel comfortable working with and/or within a national organization:

1) We elect a non partisan board, see below The national C4L is minimized as much as possible, Tate, Hopper, Howard, Rothfeld and anyone else who is a party hack must go.

2) The purpose of the national C4L organization should be to operate the website, facilitate communications within the grassroots and between the grassroots and all candidates and elected officials and to foster innovative efforts to further the core values of the organization.

4) The C4L website is streamlined and made more user friendly, using grassroots talent selected by the national C4L board I'm not a website guru, but surely we can do better...

5) No more mass mailings for donations from national.

6) All positions within the C4L, including coordinators at all levels and national positions, will be elected, elections will be held within 6 months, (national ASAP)as well as a charter adoption, regardless of the % of members to population. One member, one vote in a state is all you need. A basic charter along the lines of what's been done elsewhere will do as a starting point. The voting will take place on the renovated C4L site.

7) When this is done, our state organizations are fully and immediately considered independent entities, and recognized as "the (insert name here) Campaign for Liberty" All mailing list, phone lists, member lists etc are turned over to the state organizations.

8) The state organizations receive 90% (or whatever is agreed on) of all donations, members or not, from their state. Donations from states that are not organized or from outside the states will be pooled and 90% (or whatever is agreed on) will be distributed equally among the organized states.

9) If necessary and approved by the state members, additional money could be given to the national organization for a specific purpose, with full disclosure to all members (how the money will and is spent etc.) without having to ask for it.

10) No more nationally generated "regional conferences" with "training sessions." If there is a need for training, we have plenty of videos from past seminars to draw from--make them accessible to all paid members. (hopefully someone can edit them for brevity... )

I like all of the suggestions in this thread, especially KramerDSP's, most can be done at the state level......
    this is great! we need more transparency and less centralization. I think the states should take a much bigger role, and it looks like they have been doing so. 450,000 members so far! that is incredible. I don't know what the national organization is doing with all the money they take in though. That is one thing I would like to find out. I wish the state organizations able to get some of that money.

And in regards to the leadership, I think elections would be great or at least elections from the county C4L leaders similar to how senate elections used to be prior to the 17th amendment.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I like C4L.

I don't think they need a new web site.

The only thing I didn't like was the push a while back to try to get me to become a regional leader or whatever they're calling it. I don't want chores and tasks, and I especially don't want to pay for the privilege of chores & tasks. I want free association. I have donated money to C4L, and will probably continue to do so; I just don't like being "recruited." One person wrote me and said he/they would put more of my articles & blog commentaries up if I was a regional leader/whatever, and that as it stands, they can't put my blog posts on some kind of central page. That seemed weird. I told him I'd think about it, which I did, and the answer was no. Haha...

Unless I can get to meet Ron Paul!

Maybe I'm just not really a political activist joiner type. Then again, activism historically has high turnover.