Thread: People are finally starting to wake up! Arlen Specter now trails by double digits

People are finally starting to wake up! Arlen Specter now trails by double digits

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...enate_election

Specter led by double digits two months ago...now he's trailing by double digits

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...tak_top_toomey

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Maybe he'll switch to independent,lol

and pull out all the stops for his last hurrah.

How is the guy beating him on the issues?

I like this

The current figures include 15% with a Very Favorable opinion of Specter and 36% with a Very Unfavorable view.
    I guess there are a lot of right wing extremists in Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...enate_election

Specter led by double digits two months ago...now he's trailing by double digits

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...tak_top_toomey
    Supporting Pat Toomey, whose voting record is as bad as (if not worse than) Specter's, is not a sign of people having woken up. Now when Peg Luksik gets more support for the GOP primary than Toomey, that might mean something.
    Last edited by erowe1; 08-13-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Supporting Pat Toomey, whose voting record is as bad as (if not worse than) Specter's, is not a sign of people having woken up. Now when Peg Luksik gets more support for the GOP primary than Toomey, that might mean something.
    great sounds like the voters are in a revolving door of sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Absolutely horrendous. He even voted for Bush's prescription drug benefit, which Specter voted against.

Specter has got to go....Yes I know the Republicans are bad but the Dems need to lose their filibuster-proof majority and House of Representatives majority....all the bad bills that have been passed this year and the Sotomayor confirmation is because the Republicans have been unable to stop them.
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 08-13-2009 at 11:55 AM.

I would love nothing more than to see a bunch of these long-time office holders get ejected. Spector has been in there how long? Some of these crooks have been in there 20-30 years!
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Specter has got to go....Yes I know the Republicans are bad but the Dems need to lose their filibuster-proof majority and House of Representatives majority....all the bad bills that have been passed this year and the Sotomayor confirmation is because the Republicans have been unable to stop them.
    The GOP needs to be reformed or destroyed. Electing more Republicans like Specter, which is what Toomey is, will only perpetuate the problem.

As bad as what's happening now is. I see a silver lining in the way it's causing people to react with such vitriol against big government. To re-use an analogy I've seen a lot of people making lately, it's like they turned up the heat on the frog too fast. For this reason I think we actually ended up better off with Obama than we would have been if McCain won, since McCain (like Toomey) would have taken us in the exact same direction, but only at a slower pace.

At this point I'm committed only to supporting candidates who represent genuine change in the direction of less government. And if I can't support someone like that in any given election, I'll just as soon have the Democrat beat the Republican and keep turning up the heat on that frog until something big happens.

Rinos make great cheap seat hecklers. Once they get in power, they become extremely bipartisan.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

great sounds like the voters are in a revolving door of sh!t
    For nigh on to half a century now...

Still nice to see the incumbents losing their teflon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I worry that the "town hall revolts" are valiant efforts by uninformed sheep who will simply vote back in the old GOP. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." They should be shouting down about the Fed, budget deficits, the income tax, and the patriot act. Health care would follow naturally. There may be a grain of optimism in perhaps a lesson of how much impact people can have politically.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-13-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The GOP needs to be reformed or destroyed. Electing more Republicans like Specter, which is what Toomey is, will only perpetuate the problem.

As bad as what's happening now is. I see a silver lining in the way it's causing people to react with such vitriol against big government. To re-use an analogy I've seen a lot of people making lately, it's like they turned up the heat on the frog too fast. For this reason I think we actually ended up better off with Obama than we would have been if McCain won, since McCain (like Toomey) would have taken us in the exact same direction, but only at a slower pace.

At this point I'm committed only to supporting candidates who represent genuine change in the direction of less government. And if I can't support someone like that in any given election, I'll just as soon have the Democrat beat the Republican and keep turning up the heat on that frog until something big happens.
    I agree. For example. The liberals in the house would draw up a universal health care bill, the conservatives would draw up a "insurance reform" bill.

McCain in the act of bipartisanship of course would sign the exact bill, that Obama is struggling to get passed. The liberals would be screaming that it didn't go far enough, and that McCain caved into the right wing. The conservatives would claim that the won because the liberals did not get what they wanted passed.

The entire dialectic would change to where you are either for universal health care today, or a gradual phase in.

The headlines would read "McCain placates base, democrats capitualate, historic bipartisan health care bill is signed".
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    I agree. For example. The liberals in the house would draw up a universal health care bill, the conservatives would draw up a "insurance reform" bill.

McCain in the act of bipartisanship of course would sign the exact bill, that Obama is struggling to get passed. The liberals would be screaming that it didn't go far enough, and that McCain caved into the right wing. The conservatives would claim that the won because the liberals did not get what they wanted passed.

The entire dialectic would change to where you are either for universal health care today, or a gradual phase in.

The headlines would read "McCain placates base, democrats capitualate, historic bipartisan health care bill is signed".
    I feel sick.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I worry that the "town hall revolts" are valiant efforts by uninformed sheep who will simply vote back in the old GOP. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." They should be shouting down about the Fed, budget deficits, the income tax, and the patriot act. Health care would follow naturally. There may be a grain of optimism in perhaps a lesson of how much impact people can have politically.
    They won't as long as they listen to Beck, Hannity, and Rush. They think this is all one big left wing conspiracy, and that Acorn is as far as it goes. This is no different than the left thinking it is all one big Haliburton, big oil conspiracy.

The controllers would love nothing more than the middle management of both sides to duke it out. Maybe they can even get their useful idiots to get violent. They would love that. All going as planned.
    George Washington

James Madison

I like this

I guess there are a lot of right wing extremists in Penn.
    HEY! I live in Penn!!! lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.