Thread: John Dennis for Congress (Nancy Pelosi's District)

John Dennis for Congress (Nancy Pelosi's District)

http://johndennis.netboots.net/

He is a leader in the C4L and perhaps just as importantly, is running in Nancy Pelosi's district, making it that much more important that he wins.
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I understand it's important for him to run so he can teach the citizens of the 8th District about the politics of freedom, and to give them a good choice when the election comes around, but let's be realistic for a second.

This is SAN FRANCISCO. It has a Cook Partisan Rating of D+35. A Republican majority will never take place there, unless most of the people die or something. Cindy Sheehan ran in the last election and only got 16% of the vote. Justin Raimondo (founder of Antiwar.com) was the Republican nominee in 1996 and only got 12% of the vote.

Go ahead and run, but don't expect to win and don't expect any monetary donations from me. I'll be donating to the ones we CAN win.
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

It's obvious he won't win. But I don't believe that's why he is running, as you said-- he will attempt to teach the citizens of Pelosi's district about Liberty. And if he is going to put pressure on Pelosi for not supporting HR 1207-- then that is good for us.

But the serious Liberty candidates are Schiff & Rand Paul.
    Last edited by Flash; 08-12-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It's obvious he won't win.
    Standing Like A Rock doesn't seem to think that, though...
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

I plugged him on this website before. It'd be nice if he gained some traction against Pelosi and even was allowed to debate her 1-1. He won't win the district but he will make her look more foolish to everyone. If that's even possible. And if she does agree to debate him-- I would love for him to bring up HR 1207.

Sending him money will be a waste, but vocally supporting him would be great. Just like Cindy Sheehan in 08.

Quote Originally Posted by Romantarchist View Post
    Standing Like A Rock doesn't seem to think that, though...
    I'm not saying that I think he will win, just that it would be huge if he did win.
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I don't care if he wins or not. I love the idea of spreading Libertarian ideas to the most liberal state in America. Support John Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Romantarchist View Post
    I understand it's important for him to run so he can teach the citizens of the 8th District about the politics of freedom, and to give them a good choice when the election comes around, but let's be realistic for a second.

This is SAN FRANCISCO. It has a Cook Partisan Rating of D+35. A Republican majority will never take place there, unless most of the people die or something. Cindy Sheehan ran in the last election and only got 16% of the vote. Justin Raimondo (founder of Antiwar.com) was the Republican nominee in 1996 and only got 12% of the vote.

Go ahead and run, but don't expect to win and don't expect any monetary donations from me. I'll be donating to the ones we CAN win.

Cindy only got 16% ??! Dammit..

But ya.. unfortunately I agree with your post.. this would be a dead end candidacy running as an (R)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well I don't care if he wins or not. I love the idea of spreading Libertarian ideas to the most liberal state in America. Support John Dennis.
    If that's the goal then go for it
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I may have to contribute to John Dennis just because I hope to NP out

It's obvious he won't win. But I don't believe that's why he is running, as you said-- he will attempt to teach the citizens of Pelosi's district about Liberty. And if he is going to put pressure on Pelosi for not supporting HR 1207-- then that is good for us.
    If that's his reason for running, it's not worth it. His time and money is better spent in other pursuits.

But the serious Liberty candidates are Schiff & Rand Paul.
    It's still VERY early in the campaign season. Candidates will be emerging through the end of the year (and possibly as late as Q1 of 2010). Perhaps Paul and Schiff (and of course Ron Paul himself) are the only big candidates as of yet, but many more are on the horizon. With organization we could probably find 20-30 credible US House candidates around the country.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

that's his reason for running, it's not worth it. His time and money is better spent in other pursuits.
    John Dennis says theres a few tricks he has up his sleeve to go after Nancy Pelosi.

It's still VERY early in the campaign season. Candidates will be emerging through the end of the year (and possibly as late as Q1 of 2010). Perhaps Paul and Schiff (and of course Ron Paul himself) are the only big candidates as of yet, but many more are on the horizon. With organization we could probably find 20-30 credible US House candidates around the country.
    There are a few other good candidates. Ray McBerry & Sheriff Mack (who I think hinted at running for governor) come to mind.

John Dennis says theres a few tricks he has up his sleeve to go after Nancy Pelosi.
    I thought you just said he wasn't running to win.

There are a few other good candidates. Ray McBerry & Sheriff Mack (who I think hinted at running for governor) come to mind.
    In my opinion, Ray McBerry is already hopelessly marginalized in a crowded primary field. It's best we move on.

On the other hand, Sheriff Mack is a good candidate. However, Governor in 2010 (the special election) might not be a good idea. I don't know much about the race - is Herbert going to step down or run again? If he runs then Mack will be trying to primary an incumbent, unless he runs third party again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    With organization we could probably find 20-30 credible US House candidates around the country.
    We have limited resources. Let's pick a couple of battles and focus all of our energy on them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    We have limited resources. Let's pick a couple of battles and focus all of our energy on them.
    Our current state is a contributing factor to the level of resources that we have. Hence my admonition that WITH ORGANIZATION we can run 20-30 candidates in the 2010 election season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    I thought you just said he wasn't running to win.
    What does that have to do with what I said? He should attack Pelosi and try to get her to debate, whats wrong with that? It may discredit her and make her look like even more of a fool. Personally I would like for that to happen after she called us town hall protestors nazis. And I assume hes running to help spread the ideas of liberty, since it's a liberal district and it is pretty obvious he won't win. It's not like I actually know him personally and can speak for him, its just an assumption.

And what money does he have that can be spent in other pursuits?

In my opinion, Ray McBerry is already hopelessly marginalized in a crowded primary field. It's best we move on.

On the other hand, Sheriff Mack is a good candidate. However, Governor in 2010 (the special election) might not be a good idea. I don't know much about the race - is Herbert going to step down or run again? If he runs then Mack will be trying to primary an incumbent, unless he runs third party again.
    Like I said earlier, Schiff & Paul are the most serious candidates. I never said Mack & Mcberry would win I said they were other good candidates right now.
    Last edited by Flash; 08-24-2009 at 08:01 PM.