Thread: Why don't we just "sue" the government?

Why don't we just "sue" the government?

Theoretically, cases can be taken to the Supreme court where issues on how our Government is slowly but surely breaking down and taking away our RIGHTS. If what we the people claim to be true, IS TRUE and that the Supreme court judges are not a bunch of pansies, we will win.

Isn't that a possible scenario?

Pros:
    1) attorney fee is non-existant, there are plenty of intelligent, well-spoken, charming individuals on this forum and across the U.S. that will gladly fight for this cause.
    2) once a supreme court decision has been ruled in favor, especially one of this caliber, headlines will be smashing the media all over the world.
    3) The final reason and confirmation for all of us to be confident in the patriotic takeover of our nation.

I don't know, it's late...I still think it is a good idea, why wouldn't it work? (optimistic...)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Theoretically, cases can be taken to the Supreme court where issues on how our Government is slowly but surely breaking down and taking away our RIGHTS. If what we the people claim to be true, IS TRUE and that the Supreme court judges are not a bunch of pansies, we will win.

No.

YouTube - Peter Schiff on Irwin Schiff
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Pros:
    1) attorney fee is non-existant, there are plenty of intelligent, well-spoken, charming individuals on this forum and across the U.S. that will gladly fight for this cause.
    2) once a supreme court decision has been ruled in favor, especially one of this caliber, headlines will be smashing the media all over the world.
    3) The final reason and confirmation for all of us to be confident in the patriotic takeover of our nation.

I don't know, it's late...I still think it is a good idea, why wouldn't it work? (optimistic...)
    The Supreme Court decides which cases to take on, and it is the last COURT OF APPEALS. It is not a civil court that takes up cases where the citizenry simply has a beef with the Government. You don't have a specific problem here, you're just unhappy. That is what protest is supposedly for, but good luck with that avenue.

If you have a specific instance where someone was wrongly convicted of something, and it has been through other appeals, then it can be taken up by the Supreme Court if they choose. This is why people try to deliberately get arrested on old and stupid laws. They want to challenge those laws and get them off the books or, if it gets that far, get the law declared unconstitutional which would then impact other decisions on a national basis.

If you have a lawsuit that has already been ruled upon, you can also sometimes get the Court to consider it, or "give advice" on it.

Bottom line: the Supreme Court doesn't entertain cases that haven't been heard in another venue, and it would be a conflict of interest for them to hear a case about how they (as part of the Government) have been wrong.

sovereign immunity
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Pros:

Sue the people who own and run the courts, they are the courts! Yeah that's brilliant.

WRU competing court system?