Thread: Not paying taxes

Not paying taxes

If the county government has shutdown, they told all the employees to go on unpaid vacation, then there isn't anybody to pay taxes to is there? This property tax bill is a county tax so if the office is closed do just not pay? Also, if a person pays taxes in exchange for services that seems pointless because the services are closed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
    If the county government has shutdown, they told all the employees to go on unpaid vacation, then there isn't anybody to pay taxes to is there? This property tax bill is a county tax so if the office is closed do just not pay? Also, if a person pays taxes in exchange for services that seems pointless because the services are closed.
    You have no moral obligation to pay taxes, ever, period.

The question, though, is whether you can get away with not paying them. I would probably keep paying them out of fear that the state or national government will step in after the county government collapses and claim the right to collect the back-taxes with penalties and interest.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 08-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.

We need to ALL come together and agree not to pay ANY taxes- they are all immoral and we need to take a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionSD View Post
    We need to ALL come together and agree not to pay ANY taxes- they are all immoral and we need to take a stand.
    I am all for a tax revolt!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Forget about the stupid tax bill they are calling in the National Guard! I don't know if there are riots or what but I'm getting the hell out of town now.

Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
    Forget about the stupid tax bill they are calling in the National Guard! I don't know if there are riots or what but I'm getting the hell out of town now.
    huh?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionSD View Post
    It'd be easier to just swipe everyone's mailboxes on tax day before the mail comes
    The things that matter in this country have been reduced in choice..... there are two political parties, there are a handful of insurance companies, six or seven information sources, BUT IF YOU WANT A BAGEL there are 23 flavors!
    ~George Carlin

This account has been hijacked by several sovereign citizen extremist groups.

Quote Originally Posted by denison View Post
    If they government ran off of profit it would be more effect and could deliver good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    huh?
    I think he's in Kentucky or southern Indiana because the National Guard was called in to help with the flood.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tax Revolt!!
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.