Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Spectator Slams Our Own Matt Collins

American Spectator Slams Our Own Matt Collins

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/07/20...t-a-revolution

How Not to Start A Revolution
    By W. James Antle, III on 7.20.09 @ 1:43PM

A.C. Kleinheider reports that a Ron Paul Republican who got himself elected as vice chairman of the Davidson County GOP in Tennessee decided it would be a good idea to refuse to shake GOP gubernatorial candidate Zach Wamp's hand. Why? "I am not interested in being friendly towards those who violate the Constitution," this fellow, one Matt Collins, explained.

Now, it is possible to be counterproductive by being too accommodating of the party establishment -- like the Ron Paul delegates at the Republican National Convention who voted for John McCain instead. But this kind of behavior defeats the purpose of getting involved in practical politics altogether. As Kleinheider says:
    What exactly is the point of joining "the system" just to go spit in the eye of the establishment the first chance you get? What kind of influence can one hope to have if, at every turn, one is burning bridges. Politics is as much about personal relationships as it is about policy or ideology. It is about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. And most of all, it is about keeping from sight the knife you wish to plunge into a man's back until you are strong enough to strike the finishing blow.

Kleinheider concludes:
    The Ron Paul movement is certainly not the answer to all that ills the Republican Party, but, at the very least, it is a breath of fresh air. It is a right wing movement that shows youth, vigor and potential for growth. If moderated, if absorbed into the elements of the establishment Right, one could see how it could provide some of the vision and foot soldiering for the GOP's trip out of the wilderness.
    However, if the Ron Paul Republicans, the Tea party protesters and the other "growth sectors" of the Right remain content with "keeping it real" and thumbing their nose at "the man," they should not complain when their ideas are discarded and dismissed. It is not the Establishment that is keeping the "revolution" from occurring, it is the revolutionaries, through their myopic view of politics, who keep the boot on their own neck.

Amen.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow this is making the rounds quickly... I'm trying to get a response out ASAP but I'm still in the middle of drafting it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Hey - how did you hear about this? I am amazed this is getting a national audience so quickly.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

What a joke! Matt is displaying that he is a principled man who bristles at those who would subvert the very foundation of our nation. He is going to get criticized for everything he does while people like this writer talk out of both sides of their mouths!

Matt made an important statement not shaking that subverter's hand. Kudos to Matt.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Screw them. I wouldn't touch the slime either.
    End The Nanny State!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hey - how did you hear about this? I am amazed this is getting a national audience so quickly.
    I have a Google Alert set up for Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    What a joke! Matt is displaying that he is a principled man who bristles at those who would subvert the very foundation of our nation. He is going to get criticized for everything he does while people like this writer talk out of both sides of their mouths!

Matt made an important statement not shaking that subverter's hand. Kudos to Matt.
    Well said.
    End The Nanny State!

Hey, wait a minute. WE are the only ones who get to slam Matt.

Just kidding!

Good job, Matt!
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    http://spectator.org/blog/2009/07/20...t-a-revolution

How Not to Start A Revolution
    By W. James Antle, III on 7.20.09 @ 1:43PM

A.C. Kleinheider reports that a Ron Paul Republican who got himself elected as vice chairman of the Davidson County GOP in Tennessee decided it would be a good idea to refuse to shake GOP gubernatorial candidate Zach Wamp's hand. Why? "I am not interested in being friendly towards those who violate the Constitution," this fellow, one Matt Collins, explained.

Now, it is possible to be counterproductive by being too accommodating of the party establishment -- like the Ron Paul delegates at the Republican National Convention who voted for John McCain instead. But this kind of behavior defeats the purpose of getting involved in practical politics altogether. As Kleinheider says:
    What exactly is the point of joining "the system" just to go spit in the eye of the establishment the first chance you get? What kind of influence can one hope to have if, at every turn, one is burning bridges. Politics is as much about personal relationships as it is about policy or ideology. It is about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. And most of all, it is about keeping from sight the knife you wish to plunge into a man's back until you are strong enough to strike the finishing blow.

Kleinheider concludes:
    The Ron Paul movement is certainly not the answer to all that ills the Republican Party, but, at the very least, it is a breath of fresh air. It is a right wing movement that shows youth, vigor and potential for growth. If moderated, if absorbed into the elements of the establishment Right, one could see how it could provide some of the vision and foot soldiering for the GOP's trip out of the wilderness.
    However, if the Ron Paul Republicans, the Tea party protesters and the other "growth sectors" of the Right remain content with "keeping it real" and thumbing their nose at "the man," they should not complain when their ideas are discarded and dismissed. It is not the Establishment that is keeping the "revolution" from occurring, it is the revolutionaries, through their myopic view of politics, who keep the boot on their own neck.

Amen.
    TRANSLATION:

If the Paulites would only learn to sell out and water down their philosophy, the ruling elites would gladly throw them a crumb or two.

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    TRANSLATION:

If the Paulites would only learn to sell out and water down their philosophy, the ruling elites would gladly throw them a crumb or two.
    excellent translation.
    matt should use this in his rebuttal.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

TRANSLATION:

^ This!!

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    Hey, wait a minute. WE are the only ones who get to slam Matt.

Just kidding!

Good job, Matt!
    hahaha. yup.
    I can slam on matt because he's my brother. but these shills better watch it or they will be writing their blogs from a hospital room.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Add comments where you can folks.

I'm copying your comment Max.

Keep standing tall Matt! You should use Max's comment in your rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Add comments where you can folks.

I'm copying your comment Max.

Keep standing tall Matt! You should use Max's comment in your rebuttal.
    Yes, Stand tall matt!

-- like the Ron Paul delegates at the Republican National Convention who voted for John McCain instead.
    ???

Go Matt!
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

I kinda of agree. Why can you not shake hands with people that disagree with you? If Dennis Kucinich offered you a handshake you may have very well of took it, would you not?

I dono, what do I know.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if we 'keep it real' and 'thumb our noses at the man' who violates his oath of office, and our ideas don't get rejected out of hand, should they be surprised?

Keep tipping your hands, guys. You're inflammatory and you're not doing a good job of disguising your actual agenda. Maybe you should think before you flame us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

There is a difference between watering down your philosophy and shaking someones hand.

I respect your stand Matt. But shaking someone's hand isn't that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    There is a difference between watering down your philosophy and shaking someones hand.

I respect your stand Matt. But shaking someone's hand isn't that big of a deal.
    If he had, he wouldn't have gotten any press on it and we wouldn't be talking about it. So in that sense, it's a VERY big deal.

Sometimes you need to send a message, I think Matt did a good job!
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    excellent translation.
    matt should use this in his rebuttal.
    i 2nd that, Matt. That is a brilliant one liner.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Go Matt!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

TRANSLATION:

Well said.

And, go Matt!

Apparently the writer of this blog is reading our responses to his article on the site. He responded and I just gave him a whack. Check it out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently the writer of this blog is reading our responses to his article on the site. He responded and I just gave him a whack. Check it out.
    Hey maw! I'm on the internets!

(shameless cross post)

From the article:

If you assimilate into the Borg, if you play nice, if you make sure you say and do and write and act in no way outside the "polite norms", you too will become "mainstream" and be able to partake in all the all benefits that accrue to having that label.

All that it requires is to jettison your soul, your heart and your principles.

*yawn*

Heard this story before, the only reason it's being written is because the hacks are nervous.

Good for Matt.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Right On!

Good job Matt...

+1776

Saudi's and Russians refuse to shake Obama's hand

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=200605

Hmmmm...
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

Quote Originally Posted by IPSecure View Post
    Saudi's and Russians refuse to shake Obama's hand

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=200605

Hmmmm...
    I think Matt is onto something.
    I vow not to shake the hands of someone who has betrayed our constitution. Never.
    Nunca!

His response:

W. James Antle III| 7.20.09 @ 4:45PM
    The point that some of you seem to be missing is that Ron Paul consistently stands up for his principles but also behaves like a gentleman. He even shook Rudy Giuliani's hand. Yes, even the Ron Paul movement could use more Ron Paul clones.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast