Thread: Hell Yeah Tom Watson!

Hell Yeah Tom Watson!

Tom was one of my favorite golfers when I was barely old enough to play...and he's schooling the field at the British Open (as of the 2nd rd).

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watson is one of the greatest golfers of all time. Personally, I'd love to see him win the British Open at his age as he'd be the oldest golfer in history to win a major championship. If an athlete stays fit, they can be competitive in most sports far longer than assumed especially with advances in nutritional supplementation.

he still leads after the 3rd round!!

The poor guy had his hip replaced last year.

I'll be watching tomorrow morning.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Awesome....just awesome. I love golf. Once you've taken the time and dedication and can actually hit a ball straight and confidently.....there's nothing like it.

It's beautiful and spiritual.

Ross Fisher is choking on 4 ---- he'll probably quadruple bogey or worse.

The Open is going to be white-knuckle the whole way through.

Watson will be tied for the lead (he bogied two holes and is waiting to tee off on 4) after Fisher finishes the 4th.

Googin!
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Watson, Goggin and Westwood all at -2.
    Last edited by Cowlesy; 07-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Cink snuggles up tight FTW, meanwhile off in the brambles...
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A brilliant battle but Watson missed a put on the fourth playoff hole which gave the title to Stewart Cink.

The 18th hole on the final round was too painful. He nuked the 8 iron over the green, too strong on the chip and then pulled up on the putt.

Valiant effort, but wasn't meant to me.

I was rooting for Watson too.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

I heard he's pretty much a douche. Otherwise it was a great story, but I tend to cheer when douches miss 4 foot putts lol
    Last edited by nayjevin; 07-29-2009 at 04:10 AM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Going to see Watson and friends play this week at the US Senior Open here in Indy. Should be a good time never been to a pro tourney.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Tom was one of my favorite golfers when I was barely old enough to play...and he's schooling the field at the British Open (as of the 2nd rd).

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    I got to shake his hand when he was playing at Torrey Pines in the Buick Invitational back in the early nineties. I've always liked him a lot as well and am thrilled to see his comeback.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!