Thread: We Need a Schiff Money Bomb Date, NOW!

We Need a Schiff Money Bomb Date, NOW!

Guys, we need to plan an official date for a money bomb. Let's get organized here, and draft a single day for a money bomb intended to get Schiff to officially announce his candidacy.

Today is the 15th. We have to do this within a week.

I say we do it Sunday, the 19th. That will give us a few days to HEAVILY promote this thing on YouTube, Facebook, etc. And, we can also get a lot of last minute Republicans by having people discussing this at church the morning of.

I'm willing to buy and host the web space & domain, but my web development skills are not savvy enough for a project like this.

Who's with me?!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like July 27th, it was the day the Bank of England received it's Royal Charter. Essentially this was the birth of modern government monopolized central banking.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    I like July 27th, it was the day the Bank of England received it's Royal Charter. Essentially this was the birth of modern government monopolized central banking.
    Unfortunately, we can't wait that long.

We need to show Schiff within the next week or two (MAXIMUM) that we're serious for his run. Symbolism is great and all, but it's impractical for our goals.

I think it should be a 2 day money bomb to give people enough time to hear about it. This should be marketed to republican sites too, since Dodd is a well known ass that Hannity, Limbaugh etc tak about everyday.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

I suggested August 1st................. !

Quote Originally Posted by G-Wohl View Post
    Unfortunately, we can't wait that long.

We need to show Schiff within the next week or two (MAXIMUM) that we're serious for his run. Symbolism is great and all, but it's impractical for our goals.
    Huh, it's only twelve days away. If anything, it's not enough time. There's no way it could be done the 19th, way too soon. I agree that the money bomb needs to be soon but i think twelve days fits within the soon category.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

We just missed the July 10th 1832 date that Jackson vetoed the renewal of the Sencond Bank of the Unites States.

Some good quotes:
    It is maintained by some that the bank is a means of executing the constitutional power "to coin money and regulate the value thereof." Congress have established a mint to coin money and passed laws to regulate the value thereof. The money so coined, with its value so regulated, and such foreign coins as Congress may adopt are the only currency known to the Constitution. But if they have other power to regulate the currency, it was conferred to be exercised by themselves, and not to be transferred to a corporation. If the bank be established for that purpose, with a charter unalterable without its consent, Congress have parted with their power for a term of years, during which the Constitution is a dead letter. It is neither necessary nor proper to transfer its legislative power to such a bank, and therefore unconstitutional.
    Upon the formation of the Constitution the States guarded their taxing power with peculiar jealousy. They surrendered it only as it regards imports and exports. In relation to every other object within their jurisdiction, whether persons, property, business, or professions, it was secured in as ample a manner as it was before possessed. All persons, though United States officers, are liable to a poll tax by the States within which they reside. The lands of the United States are liable to the usual land tax, except in the new States, from whom agreements that they will not tax unsold lands are exacted when they are admitted into the Union. Horses, wagons, any beasts or vehicles, tools, or property belonging to private citizens, though employed in the service of the United States, are subject to State taxation. Every private business, whether carried on by an officer of the General Government or not, whether it be mixed with public concerns or not, even if it be carried on by the Government of the United States itself, separately or in partnership, falls within the scope of the taxing power of the State. Nothing comes more fully within it than banks and the business of banking, by whomsoever instituted and carried on. Over this whole subject-matter it is just as absolute, unlimited, and uncontrollable as if the Constitution had never been adopted, because in the formation of that instrument it was reserved without qualification.
    It can not be necessary to the character of the bank as a fiscal agent of the Government that its private business should be exempted from that taxation to which all the State banks are liable, nor can I conceive it "proper" that the substantive and most essential powers reserved by the States shall be thus attacked and annihilated as a means of executing the powers delegated to the General Government. It may be safely assumed that none of those sages who had an agency in forming or adopting our Constitution ever imagined that any portion of the taxing power of the States not prohibited to them nor delegated to Congress was to be swept away and annihilated as a means of executing certain powers delegated to Congress.
    my favorite:
    Nor is our Government to be maintained or our Union preserved by invasions of the rights and powers of the several States. In thus attempting to make our General Government strong we make it weak. Its true strength consists in leaving individuals and States as much as possible to themselves-in making itself felt, not in its power, but in its beneficence; not in its control, but in its protection; not in binding the States more closely to the center, but leaving each to move unobstructed in its proper orbit.
    http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/ajveto01.asp

Another date approaching ... August 15, 1971 ... Nixon closes the gold window.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Another date approaching ... August 15, 1971 ... Nixon closes the gold window.
    This was my favorite but I don't think the date works well. Rand's bomb is five days after that and I think Peter is hoping to gauge his support in 2-3 weeks and not a month.

The symbolism would be perfect. The Nixon Shock turns into the Schiff Shock. RP has said many times before that that day he made the decision he was going into politics.

Not sure why Rand's bomb is on the 20th his could have been on the 15th. Perfect day for a money bomb.

I like the July 27th because it's within a good time frame and there's some symbolism attached.

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    This was my favorite but I don't think the date works well. Rand's bomb is five days after that and I think Peter is hoping to gauge his support in 2-3 weeks and not a month.

The symbolism would be perfect. The Nixon Shock turns into the Schiff Shock. RP has said many times before that that day he made the decision he was going into politics.

Not sure why Rand's bomb is on the 20th his could have been on the 15th. Perfect day for a money bomb.

I like the July 27th because it's within a good time frame and there's some symbolism attached.
    I fired off an email to the account he lists on his facebook page. Who knows, maybe he is looking to see support over two months? Sooner may be better ... but the gold window connection sure does have a nice ring to it.

Well, I'm willing to bend and do July 27th, if we can ensure that we can retain Schiff's attention for that long.

Regardless, we need to get the website up immediately, and directly afterward, start promoting the hell out of it!

If anybody is a willing web developer, please get in touch with me. Once a date and theme is decided, I will buy the web space and domain.

I want to donate but I need to know what he plans to do with the money if he doesn't run. Has he said?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I want to donate but I need to know what he plans to do with the money if he doesn't run. Has he said?
    He has said he will return all donations if he doesn't run

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    In his video he said that he would return the money if he does not run.

I just donated $10. Everyone who can, do the same now.

Then I will donate. I suggest you solicit the help of someone like Clay Trainor to put a utube clip together to generate interest.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 07-15-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    www.schiffmoneybomb.com

I need help finding a script for a pledge counter, and also could use help making some promotional materials.

Any other comments/insights would be great.