Thread: Britain's National Healthcare Looks Like Medieval Medicine

Britain's National Healthcare Looks Like Medieval Medicine

This is very scary reading.

Britain's National Healthcare Looks Like Medieval Medicine

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31173

by James Delingpole

Victims left for hours covered in blood, denied pain relief; elderly cancer patients lying in their own filth; dirty, chaotic wards akin to "war zones"; a shortage of basic equipment, including trolleys and thermometers; shouting nurses; ill-trained, badly supervised medics; disease outbreaks; starvation and dehydration; mounting piles of dead.

Go to link to read full story.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Victims left for hours covered in blood, denied pain relief; elderly cancer patients lying in their own filth; dirty, chaotic wards akin to "war zones"; a shortage of basic equipment, including trolleys and thermometers; shouting nurses; ill-trained, badly supervised medics; disease outbreaks; starvation and dehydration; mounting piles of dead.

Go to link to read full story.
    I don't even think I have to read the entire article after that excerpt. It sounds alot like this:

YouTube - Monty Python-Bring out your dead!
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

Monty was creepily funny.

"I'm not dead." "Yes, you are."
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

As a medievalist, I'm offended by this comparison. Besides, a good friend of mine who knows an herbalist who was told by a very learned doctor of physic who has read most scholarly works of Greek and Roman natural philosophy says that a proper diet would balance one's bodily humors, preventing the need for any such NHS hospital visits.

Good comments under the article as well.

The Univesal Health Care and Single Payer advocates hardly ever cite Britain as their working model, it's almost always Norway, various other Scandanavian countries and Canada. Britain never was a shining beacon of health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding View Post
    The Univesal Health Care and Single Payer advocates hardly ever cite Britain as their working model, it's almost always Norway, various other Scandanavian countries and Canada. Britain never was a shining beacon of health care.
    Not to hear some people (Michael Moore) tell it.

that will be us in a few years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.