Thread: Ron Paul's Youth

Ron Paul's Youth

Why does it seem like he has a strong youth following?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Less to lose and more to gain in freedom for the young than the old. The old understandably want security for all the property they've earned. The young want more potential to earn.

Young people are more open to new non-conventional ideas whereas older people are more set in their ways and ready to accept the status-quo. Understandably, it's hard to admit you have been wrong for the last 40 years.

Because young people generally use the internet to get information much more than older people.

The internet is where most of Ron Paul's media can be found, since you usually won't find it on the TV or the radio. Perhaps because you don't have to get permission from the federal government to have a "channel" or website on the internet, unlike radio and TV.

Also, many young people are looking for an ideology, and aren't set in their ways yet.

By the way, when I saw this thread title, I thought you were going to draw some kind of comparison to the Hitler Youth. Probably could have picked a better title.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 07-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Dang, I thought this was going to be a post about Ron Paul when HE was young...
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

I believe Young Americans for Liberty - http://www.yaliberty.org - is probably more important than the Campaign for Liberty because everything we do today is for naught if we're just going to cede the next generation to the big government types. Unfortunately we're already way behind on this due to the constant stream of propaganda public school attendees are exposed to from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Youths are the ones getting screwed the worst by the Establishment-they thus seek an alternative. (JMHO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    now that's funny

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    me too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Ron Paul's Youth ... like Hitler's Youth?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    *ahem*

We're called Freedom Fighters. We don't want to be associated with Hitler!

Why is this in "Ron Paul on the Issues" anyways?
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Ditto.
    Something that I've always wondered.
    I support Ron Paul.

Here's some info about his college days: http://www.crossandcrescent.com/2007...sidential-bid/

I've seen snippets of his even more youthful days at other places but don't remember the link.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

That's what I thought of!

Enforcing liberty! That's not contradictory at all...,
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

He doesn't seem to, he does. Some very good answers to the questions here. I can only add that young people today know the system is corrupted from top to bottom, everybody lies, nobody cares. They know this from an early age now. The sound of truth rings particularly sweet to some of these. Like water in a desert.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obviously not as strong as Obama, heck you raised over $13,000 for Obama's presidential campaign. How much did you raise for Ron Paul's?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Not a penny because I could not find a way to do so.

I thought this was going to be a post about how youthful Ron Paul is. Like one of those ads that lists "calendar age" vs. "biological age."

Calendar Age: 73
    Biological Age: 51
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-17-2009 at 02:15 PM.

I have a theory.

For the most part, I don't believe young people are attracted to RP's ideas because they feel they are getting screwed.

Younger people are less jaded and generally more selfless. Hence the saying "If you're not a liberal when you're young you have no heart, if you're not a conservative when you're old you have no brain".

I think the youth who flock to the freedom message believe that individual liberty and free markets is the path to a "better" society. Much like the Che Guevera types who believe that wealth redistribution is the path to a "better" society, not because they personally want a handout but for an ideal.

The older folks, especially those with degrees in finance/economics (the hard wire Keynesians) will look at you like an Ogre if you try offering a different view on the Fed and inflation.

Freedom is popular?

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Answer: We are $#@!ed and we know it.
    We want to hear the truth and Ron Paul is the only one telling it.
    Everyone else is a lying piece of $#@!.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Ron Paul platform is the most counter-cultural right now as well. Counter culture is often appealing to young, hip people. In the sixties the anti-establishment embrace something like communism, but they did not have the political understanding of the youth today. What the hippies should have been was anti-corporatism/anti-big government/anti-Federal Reserve. They did, however, get it right on the anti-war platform.