Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murray N. Rothbard: In Memoriam by Ron Paul

Thanks Conza!

Liberty Eagle, thanks for drawing attention to an important point.

Brassmouth: "Since when does stating that I'd prefer not to spend an eternity with another forum member..." Bait or not, funny comment! Which side of the Delaware are you from?

Speciallyblend: "what stood out to me even larger was the "although a Jew" just seemed so out of place..." Come on! How was it out of place. Read: "Though Rothbard was an atheist and raised in another religion..." Also, one peculiarity of Judaism is that it seems to be more than just a religion. It is passed matrilineally, so (I believe) if your Dad is Jewish, and your mom isn't, you have to convert. Also, if you no longer believe, you're still a Jew, just "non-practicing."

I could be wrong. Either way, I think you're deriving unnecessary and unfounded conclusions/associations from an accurate and plainly well-phrased statement. Why bother with this? Or, if you're sincere that it just sounded weird/uncomfortable to you, I hope I assuaged your concerns.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by free.alive View Post
    Thanks Conza!

Liberty Eagle, thanks for drawing attention to an important point.

Brassmouth: "Since when does stating that I'd prefer not to spend an eternity with another forum member..." Bait or not, funny comment! Which side of the Delaware are you from?

Speciallyblend: "what stood out to me even larger was the "although a Jew" just seemed so out of place..." Come on! How was it out of place. Read: "Though Rothbard was an atheist and raised in another religion..." Also, one peculiarity of Judaism is that it seems to be more than just a religion. It is passed matrilineally, so (I believe) if your Dad is Jewish, and your mom isn't, you have to convert. Also, if you no longer believe, you're still a Jew, just "non-practicing."

I could be wrong. Either way, I think you're deriving unnecessary and unfounded conclusions/associations from an accurate and plainly well-phrased statement. Why bother with this? Or, if you're sincere that it just sounded weird/uncomfortable to you, I hope I assuaged your concerns.
    not making any judgements. i was just saying it seemed out of place to me.wasn't making judgements on it
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

“I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

Worthy Threads:

Trolls trying to purge Rothbardians are actively working against the Liberty movement and everything Ron Paul stands for.

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Trolls trying to purge Rothbardians are actively working against the Liberty movement and everything Ron Paul stands for.
    Tsk tsk.

Worthy Threads:

I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Worthy Threads:

Someone around here once had a great analogy in areas of religion and politics...

They are TOTALLY irrelevant to the question at hand. We're talking BIBLE here, or at least I am. What makes you think that the religion / "Church" AND BIBLE that EMPEROR Constantine established, purportedly ABOUT Jesus, was in FACT what Jesus had in mind ~300 years earlier, before THAT very same EMPIRE executed him?

It's the exact same type of issue TODAY. D.C. today is NOT what the "FederalistFounders" had in mind, only 220 years ago.

Would the STATIST created religion of the STATIST Roman Empire, as just another STATIST extension of it's power and control, at just another level, admit it? NO! It's hardly any wonder that actually READING the Bible became a sometimes capital punishment offense ........... for the Latin ignorant peasants, without their "go between" clergy INTERPRETING and "EXPLAINING" what it "REALLY" means to them.

You've been hoodwinked by a PRO, Satan, according to YOUR VERY OWN BIBLE ( HOLY SCRIPTURES, as you say ), my friend. I'd hafta say that the subsequent bloody HISTORY of the "Christian" church ( human institution ) merely confirms that tragic and sad FACT.<IMHO> "By their fruits, ye shall know them."

BTW, simple denial does NOT constitute a rebuttal nor a refutation. That particular Bible "lesson" already has an existing LF/RPF thread. Your absence was noted. Shall we continue this conversation there? Here's a link to the thread OP to get you up to speed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...49&postcount=1

Thanks!

P.S.
    re: "pacifist leanings of Matthew J. Truitt": A CHRISTIAN PACIFIST!!! Who is the Prince of Peace? ( trick question )

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I need to read more Rothbard, for sure. I honestly haven't read very much by him, yet.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Worthy Threads:

Thanks for posting, Conza.

I moved to Las Vegas about 2 years before Rothbard's death. Rothbard welcomed anybody who wanted to to sit in on the two classes that he was teaching at the time: American Economic History and History of Economic Thought. Usually over 20 people would attend the classes--only a few were actual UNLV students and the rest were local libertarians like me.

I still have my notes from the History of Thought classes. I loved his theory that there's been some sort of wacky Christian impulse to kill everybody else and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth (KGE) that keeps "popping up" in history. I think he hated the Calvinists and Fundies more than he loved the Catholics.

When Ron Paul writes that he's not worried about Murray and "the Lord God knows his own", I am once again pleasantly surprised at how Ron Paul thinks seriously about important things such as this rather than being driven by fear and emotion like the most conservatives and "Christians".

Interesting... for sure.

It's absolute bs that this thread belongs in religion, what an absolute stretch. Talk about reaching..

Ron Paul giving props and respect to Rothbard, can't have that!

Worthy Threads:

Happy birthday Murray!

Worthy Threads:

Worthy Threads:

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The zombie Rothbard thread lives! Anyhow, he seems like an interesting person. Anyone who can be as hardcore free market as Rothbard but sing praise Che Gueverra for at least being "revolutionary" is interesting to say the least. I don't believe anyone is in hell at the moment (the dead don't know anything according to Solomon), and I think Jesus reserved the right to let anyone He pleased into heaven ("Other sheep have I that are not of this fold").
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Bumping this because I had never read it before. I was seriously disappointed in Ron Paul's last line that he quoted. I hope he was just saying that anyone can repent rather than saying Rothbard could actually have died an atheist and still gone to heaven. Ron, understandably, did not discuss religion much because of the way politicians manipulate it. At any rate, it would have been pointless for Theo to pray for Rothbard, since he's dead. I did, however, pray for Ron Paul as I was reading.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Was anyone else disappointed by the fact that Ron seems to think that atheists who die as atheists are among "God's Own?"

Or am I the only one who cared?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Was anyone else disappointed by the fact that Ron seems to think that atheists who die as atheists are among "God's Own?"

I'm not disappointed....but then again my expectations for everyone (especially politicians) is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I'm not disappointed....but then again my expectations for everyone (especially politicians) is very low.
    I don't care when people like George W. Bush and Barack Obama say those things. In fact, I absolutely love it because it exposes the "But... he's a Christian!" nonsense, especially from conservatives. I'd love to hear Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, or Chris Christie say something like this. I already know these people are unrepentant sociopaths. I'd like to see them expose themselves for what they really are.

But Ron Paul? That just made me sad. Because, despite the fact that he rarely talks about it (Because he knows people like the above use it as a manipulation tactic to further their sociopathic ends, and Ron doesn't want to look like them) I knew Ron professed to be a Christian, and generally acted like one. He doesn't really count as a "politician." I really hope Ron didn't actually mean what he said there, I hope he was just expressing admiration for Rothbard's work (Which, to his credit, he did say a lot of good things, as does any anti-statist) rather than tryiing to make a theological statement. Unfortunately, I kind of doubt it.

Yeah, I'm disappointed.

I had a brief discussion with Dr. Farris about Ron Paul and unfortunately, the quote from that last line came up. Unfortunately, I had to concede that Farris was correct. Its really a blight on an otherwise almost perfect record. Why did Ron have to basically throw the Bible out the window to praise Rothbard? Rothbard was a brilliant writer, but unfortunately an atheist. Unless he had a death bed conversion, he IS in Hell per John 14:6. Why does Ron Paul not understand this?

I know its irrelevant to politics, but I still think this was unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post

Definitely the only one. The fact you objectively think Rothbard is in hell; doesn't saying anything about him... but you and what you consider your religion. That's what's farked up. SMFH.

Worthy Threads:

This is an old thread LOL!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post

Nowhere in the OP did Ron Paul say anything like that. What he said was that God knows his own, which is a true statement and totally unobjectionable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12