Thread: Apartment HUD Inspection; Please Help

Apartment HUD Inspection; Please Help

Just had a notice on the door of my Apartment:
    Dear Residents,

Please be aware that the property here at *********** apartments is going to have a HUD inspection this week. this inspection will include 30 Randomly selected units to be entered without notice for the general inspection to be conducted. Please have you apartment presentable for the HUD inspector and staff. we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Management

So what do I do to prevent this?? There is no way ANY Government Official is entering my premises without a warrant. Also why would HUD be inspecting our apartments, none of them are Section 8. Please anyone with advice, or has dealt with the same thing!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perfectly constitutional.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Most apartment contracts state the landlords (and anyone they choose to bring) can enter your premises, usually with at least a 24 hour notice.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

Yeah, that sucks.

You can always give them a bunch of CFL material and pocket Constitutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Yeah, that sucks.

You can always give them a bunch of CFL material and pocket Constitutions.
    Man, that's what I like to hear. It's not a problem it's an opportunity.

carpe diem.

Clean your apartment so it's spotless...Roll out a red carpet that leads to the bathroom where the toilet is wrapped with a bow...I think you know the rest...

Yeah, I know that's foul and tasteless, but I couldn't resist.
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

you agreed to hud rules by moving in and signing. not much you can do but get out of there and find non hud housing and try to stay away from hoa's to!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    you agreed to hud rules by moving in and signing. not much you can do but get out of there and find non hud housing and try to stay away from hoa's to!
    WRONG!! These apartments are not Section 8. That was one of the big factors in me living here. If they are applying for Section 8 can I break my lease without any fines?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Check your lease...pretty much your landlord can enter for whatever reason if they give you the required notice. It's a private contract that you signed.

Here's the wording I have for my tenant, grabbed the lease contract from the Internet:
    "LANDLORD'S RIGHT OF ENTRY: LANDLORD may enter and inspect the
    premises during normal business hours and upon reasonable advance notice
    of at least 24 hours to TENANT. LANDLORD is permitted to make all
    alterations, repairs and maintenance that in LANDLORD'S judgment is
    necessary to perform. In addition LANDLORD has all right to enter
    pursuant to Civil Code Section 1954. If the work performed requires that
    TENANT temporarily vacate the unit, then TENANT shall vacate for this
    temporary period upon being served a 7 days notice by LANDLORD. TENANT
    agrees that in such event that TENANT will be solely compensated by a
    corresponding reduction in rent for those many days that TENANT was
    temporarily displaced. "

That civil code is from California...though my lease is in Texas and I just noticed that I put on the top that the lease applies to Florida...

Either way, check your lease. It may say something like the Landlord or be specific enough to not include government workers.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    WRONG!! These apartments are not Section 8. That was one of the big factors in me living here. If they are applying for Section 8 can I break my lease without any fines?
    ooo i just assumed hud housing was considered gov housing! my bad! i just know the application to live in gov housing was longer then an application to buy a house. so instead of renting and filling out the gov paper work. i bought a house!

renting is always a bitch. they seem to have you by the balls when you rent or lease!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Just print this off and put it on your door

Problem solved.

It was taped to your door? That does not qualify as notification to enter. Anyone could have taped that to your door even robbers who are going to enter your house posing as HUD. Then they are going to tie you up, gang beat you, steal all your $#@!, gang beat you some more, take your atm card, check book and clean you out.

If your home has a deadbolt, and you are home, pass it. If someone later says you denied them entry, say you were in the shower.

If you aren't going to be home, tape a note to your door that states you worked the night before, and are now sleeping, asking that they respect your wishes and not enter your property.

Did you check with the management to make sure it is legitimate?

If they say yes, ask them about the inspection. Take notes and get back to us.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Usually you can deny entry and they have to come back another day. Only thing is you can not deny them entry continuously. Check with your state laws on these things they will probably trump any lease or rental agreement that you signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Usually you can deny entry and they have to come back another day. Only thing is you can not deny them entry continuously. Check with your state laws on these things they will probably trump any lease or rental agreement that you signed.
    Ya hopefully they'll just move on to another apartment rather than keep trying.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know much of anything about lease laws, but if you are not under contractual obligation to submit to this, I say contact your county sheriff, explain the situation and ask for protection on Constitutional grounds:

See http://www.newswithviews.com/Stang/alan192.htm and this video:

YouTube - Oath Keeper Sheriff Richard Mack

If you wish to make a fight over the issue first read Camara v San Francisco and its companion case See v Seattle. (1967) (Administrative entries under the Fourth Amendment.) (And for fun read Wyman v James (1972) regarding the welfare case exception to the administrative entry warrant requirement.)

A notice from a third party regarding a proposed governmental action is not notice under the due process clause (Coe v Armour Fertilizer, 1907).

And the landlord cannot just invite any yahoo into your home. Otherwise the police could get landlords to work with them to enter your home without a warrant.

Oh if they are going hud You better move out real quick. I did work on hud homes when I got laid off 5 - 6 years ago. The people that live in those homes are well how can I say total trash. I remember one home where the people used a barbaque pit indoors and the smoke damage was bad. If You want all sorts of people breaking into Your car or having parties all night while You are trying to sleep stay but if You want to live around responsible people get the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Des Moines View Post
    And the landlord cannot just invite any yahoo into your home. Otherwise the police could get landlords to work with them to enter your home without a warrant.
    They do that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by John of Des Moines View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They do that all the time.
    Constitutionally.