Thread: IRS wants to make it illegal for YOU to prepare your taxes.. experts only!

IRS wants to make it illegal for YOU to prepare your taxes.. experts only!

"Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had two CPAs do my same tax numbers and they came up with a $5000.00 difference in what I owed from what I was getting back, so WHO qualifies as an expert? Tim "Turbo Tax" Geithner maybe?

Then if I had to do my own paperwork it would take me three to five years just to read the 80,000 page tax code and I'm sure they'd change it by the time I was through.

Then I guess they won't mind me not signing the tax return then.
    Last edited by Objectivist; 06-19-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Its looking more like Craig T. Nelson had it right on the Beck show.

Ultimately, people comply with laws and follow leaders based on moral authority. The FedGov has lost its moral authority over the citizens.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

My Mom was a state tax auditor in the '60s and '70s.

She said she had more problems with returns prepared by third parties than people who did them for themselves.

Hmm, and I wonder what kind of juicy campaign donations the Obama Admin got from the Accountants Guild (or whatever they are in the US)?

The tax code is obscene...

Instead of something the size of the NYC phone book, how about:

1) how much did you make last year? _______
    2) divide the number in line one by 10 ______
    3) subtract $6,500 from line 2 _______
    4) if the number in line 3 is positive, send a check to the IRS for that amount, if negative just send this form.
    5) sign this return here _____________________ and return it with your check.

Oh - we couldn't do anything that made that much sense! We'd have to lay off tons of IRS employees if we did.

-t

Well attorneys have every incentive to make the law as complicated as possible. This is why we should try to avoid voting attorneys into office!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You wouldn't even be allowed to use Turbo Tax?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stupid Geithner. Screwed it up for the rest of us.

Can't figure out if this is 'job creation' (hey, is ACORN acquiring H&R Block?) or a pitch for 'Fair Tax'. Either way, it sucks.
    "Greater than the tread of armies is an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    You wouldn't even be allowed to use Turbo Tax?
    Not if you had someone help you, is my read on it, and I'd assume that was any of TT's online help as well.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

central america here i come!

Buy H&R Block stock --- this would be a bonanza for them.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Well attorneys have every incentive to make the law as complicated as possible. This is why we should try to avoid voting attorneys into office!
    Dude, even attorneys don't understand the tax code without a year of extra specialized training. And then it requires doing tax work full time from then on to maintain competency in that field.

You must pay the Temple Priests to bless your impure tax return, making it Kosher for offering up to the God of DC, Ba'al. AKA Molach.

By consuming the money we would otherwise use to start and support families, this Beast drinks our children's blood in a symbolic, metaphorical, allegorical sense.
    This used to be a free system.

LibForestPaul

Hmm. controlled opposition again? Make the current system so unmanageable and unbearable that people "write their congressmen", and have the solution "flat tax" waiting in the wings?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    my view of the KGB...I mean IRS...F#&K them.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito