Thread: rate this song... wish you were here, pink floyd

rate this song... wish you were here, pink floyd

1what did you think of this song when it first came out>
    2 what do you think of this song now?

YouTube - Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here (live)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1. I wasn't alive, and i can't really remember the first time i heard it, but it certainly was a great song that i've enjoyed listening to for many years.

2. A little overplayed, but still a classic. Sometimes i don't want to listen to it, and will change the station if it comes on, but at other times i will fully enjoy it, just like i used to. Depends on the mood i guess.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Great band, but not one of their best songs. I would give it a 7/10. Some of the songs on The Wall would get a 10/10 though....like The Trial

Love it, myself. I was in, what, third grade when it came out, so I can't say I remember, but I've loved it more over time.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year
    Runnin' over the same old ground of how we found the same old fears
    Wish you were here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Banned?

McQueen?

The hell?

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    1what did you think of this song when it first came out>
    2 what do you think of this song now?

YouTube - Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here (live)
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Banned?

McQueen?

The hell?
    Last post .
    Yesterday, 02:57 AM

Perhaps someone didn't like his music.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Last post .
    Yesterday, 02:57 AM

Perhaps someone didn't like his music.
    Hey Pete, good to see you.

Yeah, I guess so...

Another forum "unperson".
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hey Pete, good to see you.

Yeah, I guess so...

Another forum "unperson".
    one month off for potty mouth.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the greatest Floyd songs ever:

Others include:

Echoes

One of These Days I'm Going to Cut You into Little Pieces

Atom Heart Mother

Bike

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathering in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict

Fat Old Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    One of These Days I'm Going to Cut You into Little Pieces
    That would actually be the one lyric of the song, which is entitled Careful With that Axe, Eugene.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    one month off for potty mouth.
    I think it's just one week, and ya he was being sarcastic but I guess went too far.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ironic that right before he got banned he started a thread about "Wish You Were Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have you found? The same old fears.
    Wish you were here.

Change? Someone say change?

Great song, great album. I saw them on their Dogs of War tour at the Oakland Coliseum in the 80s, it was an outstanding show.

I love Pink Floyd but this one is way overplayed.

...for which I am actually grateful. There are a hell of a lot of far, far inferior songs that are equally overplayed. The flashes of quality on commercial radio are few and far between--and becoming rarer.

Wish you were here McQueen

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really enjoy the album wish you were here. It was one of the first CDs I ever bought.
    The song wish you were here, while great, I agree has been overplayed.
    I really like shine on you crazy diamonds. While I commute home from work at 1am down the dark empty highway, I find myself setting a playlist of just tracks 1&5, zoning out, and my mind fills with all types of ideas, and my troubles just fade away.

I think of how they lost one of their band members....
    I think of how they lost one of their band members.

i have never liked any pink floyd except for their debut CD. i prefer the velvets.

One of the best of the best Pink Floyd songs. Loved it then, still love it now.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul