Thread: Supreme Court Blocks Chrysler Deal

Exclamation Supreme Court Blocks Chrysler Deal

WASHINGTON (AP) - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Monday delayed Chrysler's sale of most of its assets to a group led by Italy's Fiat, but didn't say how long the deal will remain on hold.

Ginsburg said in an order that the sale is "stayed pending further order," indicating that the delay may only be temporary.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

I am pleasantly surprised that Ginsburg showed some backbone here and showed some respect for the rule of law. It will be interesting to see how this goes - it could be the beginning of a Constitutional crisis...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Memories of the New Deal programs that were deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

It's such a bunch of BS. I am sure the Feds will say "The world will stop spinning if this deal doesn't go through". In other news, we could have let GM go bankrupt 6 months ago, except no, we pumped $20 billion into the blackhole, and now it is going bankrupt.

UPHOLD THE RULE OF LAW.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Objectivist View Post
    Memories of the New Deal programs that were deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
    I sooo hope so. I am petty and shallow, but I would so like to see somebody knock him down a notch.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    It's such a bunch of BS. I am sure the Feds will say "The world will stop spinning if this deal doesn't go through". In other news, we could have let GM go bankrupt 6 months ago, except no, we pumped $20 billion into the blackhole, and now it is going bankrupt.

UPHOLD THE RULE OF LAW.
    Karl Denninger explained your sentiments quite well today:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...-Chrysler.html

Jesus, when does the idiocy stop?

Kagan defended the use of funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program and argued that Indiana's appeal lacks legal merit. In addition, she said the losses to the Indiana funds "cannot outweigh" the potential broader problems a collapse of Chrysler would present.

"As an economic matter ... blocking the transaction would undoubtedly have grave consequences," Kagan wrote.

This is the Administration's response to the appeal to the United States Supreme Court (which has not decided whether to grant cert or not) on blocking the Chrysler 363 asset-strip to Fiat.

Here's the problem - the rule of law is not about "the economy will be better if we do this."

Under that rubric you have no right to life, property, or pursuit of happiness. After all, it would undoubtedly be better for the economy as a whole if the government re-instituted slavery for anyone who was jobless - go build that road or bridge under penalty of being shot!

more at link
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

I pity the bond market if SCOTUS sets the wrong precedent...
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    I pity the bond market if SCOTUS sets the wrong precedent...
    Agreed. What happens to the economy in general if SCOTUS decides that contracts can be nullified at the President's whim?

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Agreed. What happens to the economy in general if SCOTUS decides that contracts can be nullified at the President's whim?
    In all fairness,it isn't entirely the president's whim (even though it is). There is a bankruptcy law that allows for a super-fast process, but 2/3 of the creditors have to approve it. The catch here is that 2/3 of the creditors were already on Obama's payroll.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

I hope to god that the SCOTUS takes the case, we have to see if we have any hope left. There decisions last year seems pretty decent considering there history. It will be interesting to see. Please take the case!!!