Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FreeStaters Put the Brakes on Proposed Seat Belt Law

Oh, I forgot to mention. We're celebrating our defeat of the Feds and the lousy democrats on the seatbelt thing @ Murphy's Taproom (freestater owned pub) in Manchester this Tuesday @ 8pm, so join us if you're in New England. We're having cake, ice cream and beer for the victory party - if you like that sort of thing. You'll be able to meet lot's of Freestaters who participated in the throwdown with the undesirables. At least 60 FSPers are expected to attend - I imagine a lot more. Come and meet us, you'll be welcomed handsomely. Cake and ice cream is free. Drinks are cheap, so come on up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Good job. I salute you and thank you for your efforts!
    Thanks. I see you have a Campaign for Liberty link in your sig file. Several CFL folks were involved. Infact, if you look at the NH CFL website, you will see a blog entry about how to defeat the bill from my friend Denis.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    this proves that large legislative bodies (the NH house is 400 members) work the best.

and yet so many libertarians want city councils and town boards to be down sized
    I think the thing about the NH House is that it has one representative for about every 3,250 people. This way the people get to know their reps much better. I also love that the state house doesn't have air conditioner, the reps give out their personal phone number, they don't have offices, and only make $100 per year. These reps don't stand above the people but are true citizen legislatures.

Most states do things very differently. For example, I heard reps make around $60,000 per year in PA.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    god you are a $#@!ing idiot. Why should a state even have a marriage issue? Cuz bigots like you want the state to back YOUR SIDE and not FREEDOM of individual.

Thank god the marriage license was created because of the racism that was present in America huh? I have no $#@!ing clue why you think freedom applies to some people and not others. Are you just as bad as the skin heads that think blacks should not be able to marry?

Woah dude. Maybe the person is a bigot or something but calling them a fing idiot won't help change their mind.

I understand you love liberty but we don't need to use our passion to hate on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The property taxes are pretty steep though aren't they? I'd rather have to pay a sales tax on purchases than pay a large price to have to rent my own home/land from the state.
    Property taxes are low in some NH town, about average in some NH town, high in others and very high in some. Taxes in most towns are determined by what the voters of the time decide they should pay.

My rent went down when I moved to NH. I used to split an apartment in TN with rent of $450 per month. Last year I rented a basement in coastal NH for $390 per month. Now a rent a room in a duplex in one of the highest taxed parts of NH for $350 per month. I'm including all utilities in the figures.

Of course, TN also has a sales tax of 9.25% to 9.75% so I'm saving quite a bit on taxes.

Gosh, Keith had it hard in TN... I'm glad he's here saving dough and all.

Congrats guys! Viva la Free State!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    Congrats guys! Viva la Free State!
    Thanks bro, I just moved into a house w/ someone from WI. It is 2nd to none, I have 2 closets, a master bedroom, and a skylight on the bathroom for $500/mt. Can't complain about that. Come and join, my dude.

We just had a big party about this at a bar owned by a Ron Paul Republican. The turn out was around 70. Fantastic cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    We just had a big party about this at a bar owned by a Ron Paul Republican. The turn out was around 70. Fantastic cake!
    You're wrong Keith, I calculated at least 120 or more, throughout the night.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I think the thing about the NH House is that it has one representative for about every 3,250 people. This way the people get to know their reps much better. I also love that the state house doesn't have air conditioner, the reps give out their personal phone number, they don't have offices, and only make $100 per year. These reps don't stand above the people but are true citizen legislatures.

Most states do things very differently. For example, I heard reps make around $60,000 per year in PA.
    Great post. They made 80k in Mich + expense account. Everything is better for me in NH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12