Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What food-bearing trees do you grow?

Just received and am planting 3 pear trees, 1 Fourth of July Peach tree, 1 Pomegranate, and 1 blueberry bush.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What kind of almond? My All-in-one is supposed to be self pollinating. It blooms but has never set.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

I probably need a second apricot variety as a cross-pollinator . . .
    but I had a ton of bees in the April bloom burst before any leaves are on anything . . . like cherry these are early bloomers -
    . . . and I should prune for fruit spurs rather than let these grow totally "wild" if I wasn't lazy

Anyhow, for 2018 . . .
    early April - after Easter -

June 15, 2018

Last edited by Jan2017; 06-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.

I had some most excellent peaches this year . Mostly lost most of muh other blossoms in April snowstorms.
    Do something Danke

Picked my first paw paw of the year yesterday.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Apricot, pear, peach, walnut, orange, lemon, plum. It's about harvest time for the Bartlett Pears which must be picked before they're fully ripe.

The Pedro Walnut is the most naturally gopher resistant due to black walnut rootstock. Most plants and critters avoid the bitter roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

We have apples, cherries, walnuts, apricots, nectarines, peaches, pears, plums, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, jostaberries, and miscellaneous others.

We have one fruit-bearing pear. The rest are years off as pear do not bear fruit until the are about 18 years old. Most of the rest are also maturing, some of them having had setbacks due to the escape of the goats who subsequently made a beeline for the orchard and raped the pants off some of the stock. That aside, we are in decent shape.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Only peach trees)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12