Thread: Rand Paul's First money bomb is a success!

Rand Paul's First money bomb is a success!

I figured this deserved its own thread

The goal was to raise $25,000

During the 24 hour period in the eastern time zone approximately $24,500 was raised.

If you extend the time until midnight central time the number is even higher.

Good job everyone. A few really generous patriots helped us reach the goal with max donations. Everyone make sure to thank Steined, Cowlesy, TruthisTreason, and a couple other mystery big donors.

I can't wait till the next one! What should we shoot for next, $50,000?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aim High!!!!!!!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    I figured this deserved its own thread

The goal was to raise $25,000

During the 24 hour period in the eastern time zone approximately $24,500 was raised.

If you extend the time until midnight central time the number is even higher.

Good job everyone. A few really generous patriots helped us reach the goal with max donations. Everyone make sure to thank Steined, Cowlesy, TruthisTreason, and a couple other mystery big donors.

I can't wait till the next one! What should we shoot for next, $50,000?
    Add a zero on the to the end of that....

We need to wait several months before we do another bomb. We need to coordinate with BreakTheMatrix, Young Americans for Liberty, Campaign for Liberty, local Tea Party organizers, 9/12 groups, all previous Meetup groups, etc. etc.

And most importantly, we have to wait until Ron sends out his endorsement email.
    tu ne cede malis

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Aim High!!!!!!!
    Being 5'2" I don't have much choice a lot of the time.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Old air force slogan: Aim High
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post

We need to coordinate with BreakTheMatrix, Young Americans for Liberty, Campaign for Liberty, local Tea Party organizers, 9/12 groups, all previous Meetup groups, etc. etc.

Absolutely!

As I've mentioned on a couple other posts, I hadn't even heard about this until about a day before it started, and that was just luck as I stumbled across a post about it here on RPF.... The only email I got was from PeacePac on the day of the mini-bomb. And I'm subscribed to practically every Ron Paul related mailing list out there...

I imagine there are lots of people who would be willing to donate who probably never even got word of the mini-bomb.

Please understand, I'm not criticizing anyone!! And a big "thank-you!" to whoever started the ball rolling on this... we really need Rand Paul in the Senate.

I firmly believe that if we were able to publicize this across the entire Freedom movement spectrum with a few weeks notice, Dr. Paul would probably clear half a million if not more.

I joined this movement after the Tea Party '07 Moneybomb. I think we really need to go back and look at what made promoting these fundraisers so effective.

I've been periodically going on youtube and searching "ron paul" and plugging the liberty candidates in the comments sections. I figure people are more likely to look up ron paul than these individuals we have running in the mid-term elections.

Any other ideas on how to re-create the successes of the Ron Paul campaign for these folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I joined this movement after the Tea Party '07 Moneybomb. I think we really need to go back and look at what made promoting these fundraisers so effective.

I've been periodically going on youtube and searching "ron paul" and plugging the liberty candidates in the comments sections. I figure people are more likely to look up ron paul than these individuals we have running in the mid-term elections.

Any other ideas on how to re-create the successes of the Ron Paul campaign for these folks?
    1. Presidential campaign
    2. not a midterm election
    3. official emails from the campaign reminding to donate
    4. every liberty site sent out emails and made posts
    5. blogs
    6. YouTube comments were flooded
    7. Myspace and Facebook were filled with posts and comments about it

The first two are things we cannot control this time around.

Rand wants $1,000,000 by the end of this year... less the 50,000 already raised, that's equivalent to $135,000 each month.

Or one hell of a moneybomb!
    tu ne cede malis

As bad as some around here don't want to admit it the next time around we're going to need people like Alex Jones to promote the hell out of Rand's moneybomb. The guy might be a little off the wall sometimes, but he does have a big audience. It also wouldn't hurt to get Jeff Rense, George Noory, Dr. Mercola and anyone else that has a big audience and believes in freedom. As a matter of fact once the next one is scheduled I'll start sending all those people emails to make them aware of it and to try and get them to promote it.

At least with $50k he can probably have a lawyer get paperwork filed, and in a month or two get a starter-office-space for a few hundred bucks a month, print-up some stuff.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

We can't give Rand Paul a massive money bomb right now anyways. He still has just an exploratory committee, not an official campaign. The FEC doesn't like these things to go much higher than 100,000 dollars, or else they think you're running a real campaign instead of just paying for polling and traveling and the "limited scope" of an exploratory committee.

Bottom-line: make it official, Rand!
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 06-02-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    As bad as some around here don't want to admit it the next time around we're going to need people like Alex Jones to promote the hell out of Rand's moneybomb. The guy might be a little off the wall sometimes, but he does have a big audience.
    Absolutely. BUT we also need mainstream people to do the same! Rand needs to get the support of GOP insiders, and also media insiders.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Absolutely. BUT we also need mainstream people to do the same! Rand needs to get the support of GOP insiders, and also media insiders.
    All yeah, I agree no doubt. Those are the people we HAVE to win over. The last time around I tried to argue here that we needed to hit the social conservatives, but it seemed no one wanted to listen.

As for the people I mentioned it's kind of a fine line there as to how much do you use those people vs. possibly getting labeled fringe by the msm. I think Ron did a great job handling himself any time the msm brought up the Alex Jones' of the world being supporters of his. If Rand does the same I don't see why he can't have the best of both worlds.

Curious as to how many individual donors contributed to this endeavor and the average contribution?

I spurned yet another RNC phonebanker today --- I wonder how many times they here "Ron Paul", or in this case, "Rand Paul possibly running for Senate in Kentucky" and not get a donation.

Here is an idea, Republican National Committee. Instead of getting behind a former Democrat'turned'republican like Grayson, why don't you extend an olive branch to Team FreedomFighter and get behind Rand Paul?

Seriously RNC, what do you have to lose other than more money for people like me closing our wallets?
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has made an appearence on Alex Jones and hopefully he will have him back from time to time

Since FOX brought on Beck and Freedom Watch to capture us as a viewing audience again in these times of Republican scrambling, why don't we just use them and email bomb Beck to have Rand on and promote a money bomb that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    1. Presidential campaign
    2. not a midterm election
    3. official emails from the campaign reminding to donate
    4. every liberty site sent out emails and made posts
    5. blogs
    6. YouTube comments were flooded
    7. Myspace and Facebook were filled with posts and comments about it

The first two are things we cannot control this time around.

Rand wants $1,000,000 by the end of this year... less the 50,000 already raised, that's equivalent to $135,000 each month.

Or one hell of a moneybomb!

Promoting these candidates and their moneybombs on Digg.com would also be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Paleocon View Post
    Since FOX brought on Beck and Freedom Watch to capture us as a viewing audience again in these times of Republican scrambling, why don't we just use them and email bomb Beck to have Rand on and promote a money bomb that way.
    Why not?