Thread: [Youtube] Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough love: "Influence GOP!"

[Youtube] Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough love: "Influence GOP!"

Peter Schiff, keynote speaker at the LP of CT Convention, tells the audience that it is a waste of resources running as a minor party. "We haven't won anything in 40 years" and "we don't have another 40 years to try." Instead, he recommends joining the Republican party while it is in shambles in order to expand the influence of the libertarian wing.

YouTube - Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough medicine "We Need to Influence the GOP!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the smartest and ballsiest speeches in recent memory. And to top it off, the LP members actually cheered him!

5 stars.

He is making alot of sence there, they haven't come close to winning anything. We can always change the name from republican party to libertarian once we have taken over

Quote Originally Posted by pahs1994 View Post
    He is making alot of sence there, they haven't come close to winning anything. We can always change the name from republican party to libertarian once we have taken over
    for the mindless voters- its the name Republican that matters.
    People vote for "R" regardless of the principle of the person.
    We should make sure those "R" candidates are libertarian in principle.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

No doubt. I was just joking cause i know the 1% of LP'ers that oppose this would not vote for a R. Just like the 40% of the population that would not vote for an L just because there isn't an R next to the name.

All we really need is for the 1% of LP to run as R's and all those mindless straight party voters would be ours

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Is Conn. a closed or open primary?
    it is closed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_primary

Note:
    Later someone asked him if he would step up as a libertarian republican for the CT 2010 senate race. His response: "Well, If I run, you'll know about it."

I think influencing the party is more probable than influencing the populace.

I would disagree with this idea if we'll end up with a Republican Party full of Tucker Carlsons.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

ughh...more of this "influence the republicans" tripe. This is soooo silly. The core constituency of these two parties will always fundamentally disagree (one of the reasons the LP began in the first place!). A "unity" movement will eventually splinter (we've seen some of this on RPFs already). Let individuals be themselves and fight for liberty the best way they can find, says I.

Parties are vastly overrated, anyways...and give undue justification to the State's existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    ughh...more of this "influence the republicans" tripe. This is soooo silly. The core constituency of these two parties will always fundamentally disagree (one of the reasons the LP began in the first place!). A "unity" movement will eventually splinter (we've seen some of this on RPFs already). Let individuals be themselves and fight for liberty the best way they can find, says I.

Parties are vastly overrated, anyways...and give undue justification to the State's existence.
    Jungles are overrated too. But if you want to catch a tiger, then you kind of have to enter one. After all, that's where they live.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I bet the part of the speech about the "sham" GM bankruptcy would find interested viewers on youtube as well.

I bet Peter Schiff tries to run as a Republican, doesn't get any support from the Republican neocon shot-callers, gets mad (but not surprised), changes his mind, runs as a Libertarian or independent, gets angry Republicans who are dissatisfied with their party's leadership to leave the Republican party; there is a massive revolt within the Republican party, and in act of outrage, they all vote for Mr. Schiff.

Then, Peter wins.

I can dream, can't I?

Thanks for sharing the video.

Might as well take over the Democratic party too, for good measure.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-31-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I bet Peter Schiff tries to run as a Republican, doesn't get any support from the Republican neocon shot-callers, gets mad (but not surprised), changes his mind, runs as a Libertarian or independent, gets angry Republicans who are dissatisfied with their party's leadership to leave the Republican party; there is a massive revolt within the Republican party, and in act of outrage, they all vote for Mr. Schiff.

Then, Peter wins.

I can dream, can't I?
    Or maybe Peter just runs as a Republican and wins.

But he'd have to announce that he's running.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Jungles are overrated too. But if you want to catch a tiger, then you kind of have to enter one. After all, that's where they live.
    Or, I could just get a good gun and kill the friggin "tiger".
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Or, I could just get a good gun and kill the friggin "tiger".
    One individual against a mob of armed tigers will lose. This is the law of the jungle.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    One individual against a mob of armed tigers will lose. This is the law of the jungle.
    one must join the ranks of the tigers, adapt to the jungle, and gain influence among the beasts

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    one must join the ranks of the tigers, adapt to the jungle, and gain influence among the beasts
    now you are talking sense.

BUMP!!!!

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

OK people need to undertsand something about voters. Especially Republican voters. The Libertarian minded folks in the GOP simply want to be left alone. But they also don't want to bother with politics, they just don't want it to affect their lives.

So GOP candidates will say I am for lesser government, and to keep government out of your lives. And these voters say ok, I'll vote for you then. And then these voters don't follow whats going on in DC, they want to put no effort in the political process yet remain safe from the sins of big government. Obviously this is not going to work.

So just remember that many many people who vote GOP actually just want government to stay the hell out of their lives. This is compatiable with Libertarianism 100%.

we will see if CT LP'ers wake up and listen! look forward to see if they do. if we could only get the cp/lp/tp to come to a republican meeting the battle might be over already! sigh
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Only to be mauled and eaten when one turns his back.

Only to be mauled and eaten when one turns his back.
    Don't turn your back, sleep with one eye open because liberty requires vigilance. Those before us weren't vigilant and mobsters took control of the ship.