Thread: Cathy Bailey (potential candidate) dodging Kentucky taxes?

Cathy Bailey (potential candidate) dodging Kentucky taxes?

http://bluegrassbulletin.typepad.com...questions.html

It seems her husband has filed a "Declaration of Domicile" in Florida. This is typically done to avoid the state income taxes in Kentucky, as Florida does not impose a state income tax. This is good information to use against her in the primary, assuming she runs. Obviously, we don't want to introduce this information immediately, because she will help split fund raising in the beginning.

However, whether or not she is a resident of Florida carries no legal significance. The U.S. Constitution only requires that a candidate be an inhabitant of the state at the time of their election. Still, Kentuckians would likely not be too happy that she her husband might be dodging KY income taxes (according to article above), especially at a time when Kentucky is facing their largest budget shortfall..

Definitely something worth noting.
    tu ne cede malis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd only use it against her if she feels others need to pay such tax.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I'd only use it against her if she feels others need to pay such tax.
    It's very unlikely that the issue will come up during the campaign, as it is a state issue.
    tu ne cede malis

what i mean- if her campaign platform was that no one should pay property tax, then i wouldn't use it against her.
    if she doesn't make that statement, and would see to it that everyone else pay that property tax, i'd hang her with the issue.,
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler