Thread: Questions about the "Temple Plot" - Lew Rockwell Blog

Questions about the "Temple Plot" - Lew Rockwell Blog

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/026884.html

"Questions about the "Temple Plot"
    Posted by Bill Anderson at May 21, 2009 06:19 AM

The FBI and and media are going ape over this alleged "Temple bombing" plot in which four men from Newburgh, New York, planted what they thought were bombs outside a Jewish temple. Also, these "domestic terrorists" were planning to obtain Stinger missiles to shoot down U.S. military planes.

Interestingly, we see that the entire "plot" was hatched by an FBI informant:

The defendants, in their efforts to acquire weapons, dealt with an informant acting under law enforcement supervision, authorities said. The FBI and other agencies monitored the men and provided an inactive missile and inert C-4 to the informant for the defendants, a federal complaint said.

In June 2008, the informant met Cromitie in Newburgh and Cromitie complained that his parents had lived in Afghanistan and he was upset about the war there and that many Muslim people were being killed in Afghanistan and Pakistan by U.S. military forces, officials said.

Folks, let's take a hard look at this one, please. It is not as though C-4 explosives and Stinger missiles are available at every neighborhood drug store. Had any of the four "terrorists" ever obtained explosives or anything similar on their own? Somehow, I seriously doubt it. The New York Times pretty much gives it away, although unintentionally:

A federal law enforcement official described the plot as “aspirational” — meaning that the suspects wanted to do something but had no weapons or explosives — and described the operation as a sting with a cooperator within the group.

“It was fully controlled at all times,” a law enforcement official said. (emphasis mine)

Indeed, this Freudian slip perhaps is the most truthful line in the entire article."

"4 Accused of Bombing Plot at Bronx Synagogues"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/ny...s.html?_r=2&hp

"NYC terror case latest of many homegrown plots"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/...us_temple_plot
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like a case of entrapment to me.

This is pretty much like going up to person and saying you would like to kill somebody and then after they volunteer to help you do the job, you turn around and show them your badge and arrest them for going along with your conspiracy to commit murder.

Shouldn't the one who came up with the plot be at least an accessory in the conspiracy and arrested too?

yeah, on one hand I feel like baiting is kinda $#@!ed up

on the other hand, to say that these guys couldn't come up with the collective intelligence of a 12 year old to google some guides on how to create their own explosives is presumptuously ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilRadiant View Post
    yeah, on one hand I feel like baiting is kinda $#@!ed up

on the other hand, to say that these guys couldn't come up with the collective intelligence of a 12 year old to google some guides on how to create their own explosives is presumptuously ridiculous.
    Except you miss the point... if the FBI guy had not come up with the conspiracy, they wouldn't have been looking for explosives in the first place.

Edit: As I read it again, they were already looking for explosives and finally found someone they thought would sell them some. The person who sold them the inert explosives then came up with a plot and got them to go along with it.

So who knows what they would have used the explosives for if they had not had the FBI agent come up with a plot?

Hard to really say what they wanted the explosives for in the first place.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 05-22-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Corrected some wording in the last sentence

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Except you miss the point... if the FBI guy had not come up with the conspiracy, they wouldn't have been looking for explosives in the first place.
    maybe, but then the question begging to be asked is "why was the FBI conversing with them in the first place?

Options

A: The guys were idiots and accidentally alerted the FBI to their desires to purchase arms

B: The FBI was uber bored and wanted to set these guys up cuz they are spineless evil douchebags

C: We should not presume to know because we don't.

PS: I like your quote =D

maybe, but then the question begging to be asked is "why was the FBI conversing with them in the first place?

Options

A: The guys were idiots and accidentally alerted the FBI to their desires to purchase arms

B: The FBI was uber bored and wanted to set these guys up cuz they are spineless evil douchebags

C: We should not presume to know because we don't.

PS: I like your quote =D
    Yes, I would choose C.

Thanks, did you click on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, I would choose C.

Thanks, did you click on it?
    yeah I love that picture.

I thought of it the other day after a discussion with several classmates at my college where the conversation had originally been intended to encourage them to go vote but by the time I was finished talking to them I was happy that they were not going to vote.

I was indeed "not like the others" in my position to advocate voting. ><

yeah I love that picture.

I thought of it the other day after a discussion with several classmates at my college where the conversation had originally been intended to encourage them to go vote but by the time I was finished talking to them I was happy that they were not going to vote.

I was indeed "not like the others" in my position to advocate voting. ><
    Well, we better get back on subject here.......

That picture struck me, because he was all by himself near a crowd who act like they are in bed with each other. ---

Well, back to the subject.... don't want to derail this thread.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.