Thread: Interviews: no to Glen Beck, yes Wolf Blitzer

Interviews: no to Glen Beck, yes Wolf Blitzer

Just hung up the phone with nat'l campaign headquarters.

Ron is NOT doing the Beck thing.

Ron WILL be interviewed on CNN by Wolf Blitzer at 5:10pm Eastern today.

SPREAD IT AROUND!!!!
    Last edited by MsDoodahs; 05-16-2007 at 01:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Awesome!!!!!! :d
    "If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will Lose its freedom: and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too."

- William Somerset Maugham

That's good. I (thankfully) don't watch Glenn or Wolf Biltzer. Is Wolf a better interviewer? Will he give Ron Paul time to talk?

An even one-on-one is where Ron really shines. Pray for him today, if you are a believer, that he finds a friendlier *and* more aggressive demeanor by tonight.

According to Mr. Rockwell, an interview with Wolf B is MUCH better than the Beck thing, and will be MUCH better than that Hannity "here let me shout the man down" bull$#@! from last night precisely because Wolf will allow Ron to speak (and therefore, make his points.)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    5:10 Eastern.

Good deal. You might want to edit your first post saying that.

And hopefully Wolfie gets bigger ratings than Beck so more people will be exposed to the good doctor.

Hopefully someone can upload the video. I'm working until 5:00cst

Wolf Blitzer

If nothing else, from what I've seen, Blitzer seems pretty level headed. He may not agree with anything Dr. Paul says, but I don't seem him getting rabid or foaming at the mouth rudely like Hannity did last night. There's nothing wrong with asking tough questions as long as the interviewer is civil and gives the guest time to respond without making judgments for the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii Libertarian View Post
    If nothing else, from what I've seen, Blitzer seems pretty level headed. He may not agree with anything Dr. Paul says, but I don't seem him getting rabid or foaming at the mouth rudely like Hannity did last night. There's nothing wrong with asking tough questions as long as the interviewer is civil and gives the guest time to respond without making judgments for the audience.
    The only problem I foresee is that Paul has logical well thought out explanations for having the stances he does. Will he ever be able to fit them in a 3 second soundbite?

I'm not so sure a Wolf Blitzer interview will be a great thing... obviously the exposure is good, but Wolf... he's very subtle and has extensive connections to Israel and AIPAC... he may try to paint Ron Paul as an anti-semite because his non-interventionist stance is obviously the complete opposite of what Israel wants - they spend millions on our congress to engender a pro mideast interventionist policy. We'll see, perhaps Blitzer will either be a good reporter or unable to stand up to Paul's frank honesty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good point about Wolf. I just hope they can get to a topic other than the war, so that Paul can show his chops as a candidate against spending, against reckless immigration policies, and in favor of civil rights.

Great! time to rebuttal

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

Does anyone have a confirmation that Paul will be on Blitzer tonight? I haven't seen anything listed on CNN. Glen Beck still seems to think Paul will be on his show at 7 tonight on headline news:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/glenn.beck/

Dr, I got the news direct from Nat'l campaign HQ. Lew has blogged it as well.

So, I guess Beck hasn't gotten the memo yet. Thanks! I just saw another post about this too.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    Just hung up the phone with nat'l campaign headquarters.

Ron is NOT doing the Beck thing.

Ron WILL be interviewed on CNN by Wolf Blitzer at 5:10pm Eastern today.

SPREAD IT AROUND!!!!
    Blitzer. That's a hoot. Dr. Paul will have to check his brains at the door to make it an even contest.
    "Without the state there would be anarchy for that is, despite all of the perfervid ravings of the Marxist Left and statist Right, all that anarchy means — the absence of the state, the opportunity for liberty."
    – Karl Hess

Quote Originally Posted by abouthadit View Post
    Blitzer. That's a hoot. Dr. Paul will have to check his brains at the door to make it an even contest.
    rofl

Wolf and some reporter guy just talked about the exchange last night.

Wolf said Paul will be on the program in the next hour.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.