Thread: Rand to appear on Alex Jones 5/21

Post Rand to appear on Alex Jones 5/21

Apparently Rand Paul is slated to appear on the Alex Jones show May 21st.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    awesome.. I am glad to hear that.

thx for posting.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Strategy wise, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

While exposure is good, and I no doubtably would listen to and enjoy this interview, isn't he suppose to be running for a Republican seat? I admit I don't know what the constituency of Kentucky's Republicans are like, and I'm guessing most won't ever hear it, but...

Rand's words alone should convert someone, all the opposition has to do is label him by his major appearances (Maddow - leftist, Jones - Conspiracy) and most mainstream Republicans will write him off before his words can even convert.

It seems kind of damaging, at least before he wins the primary. Once the mainstream Republicans have the choice of Rand or some Dem, he should go on all the leftist shows he can, but until then he has to win over Republicans.

^That was more politics though. Gah, I hate having to play within to the two party system.

Personally, I can't wait! And I encourage all the exposure he can get his hands on.
    Last edited by Dreamofunity; 05-18-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

It didn't hurt his dad to much appearing on the Alex Jones show. Besides, Jones does have a very loyal and faithful following. He promoted the hell out of those moneybombs and will no doubt do the same for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
    Strategy wise, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

While exposure is good, and I no doubtably would listen to and enjoy this interview, isn't he suppose to be running for a Republican seat? I admit I don't know what the constituency of Kentucky's Republicans are like, and I'm guessing most won't ever hear it, but...

Rand's words alone should convert someone, all the opposition has to do is label him by his major appearances (Maddow - leftist, Jones - Conspiracy) and most mainstream Republicans will write him off before his words can even convert.

It seems kind of damaging, at least before he wins the primary. Once the mainstream Republicans have the choice of Rand or some Dem, he should go on all the leftist shows he can, but until then he has to win over Republicans.

^That was more politics though. Gah, I hate having to play within to the two party system.

Personally, I can't wait! And I encourage all the exposure he can get his hands on.
    I understand exactly what you mean, but this is how I see it. No one is really covering anything Rand does --- it's VERY early. I think it's good for Rand to get his name out there to the Alex Jones folks, as they seem very good about spreading messages---and heck, maybe a few incremental bucks. Also, I do not believe appearing on Alex Jones' show has any negative connotation --- I know "any" is a strong word. Throughout the presidential primary, I never saw any vote-count damage for Ron being friends with and appearing on Alex Jones.

The positive part about going on the Alex Jones show is that a lot of his listeners are big on the Freedom message, and may be inclined to support Rand in some fashion.

Win-Win for Rand for appearing on Jones' show.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Yeah, I'm excited for it either way. Political science and campaigning is so not my thing, I'd rather just listen to and spread the ideas instead of playing to win.

I also didn't realize how far away the actual primary is, hopefully this exposure will give him enough momentum to be heard by the typical republican media in Kentucky closer towards the primary.

I'm not against Jones in any manner, I'm just assuming we'll get another one of those hit pieces from some random blogger in Kentucky and just hope no one there pays attention to it.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

All we have to remember is that Grayson didn't just vote for Clinton, he was a stinking Delegate and changed to the GOP to run for office. I think that plays more than appearing on a show with a "conspiracy theorist" and a liberal. Let's hope it works out!

His site is down again after alex jones gave out the website.
    Get it up so all the infowarriors can donate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah. working

good interview BTW

Last edited by purplechoe; 05-21-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts