Thread: I'm from Kentucky...

I'm from Kentucky...

and am closely tied to Jim Bunning Sr.

He voted against NAFTA and against the bailout. Is the Rand Paul community going to support him less or the same amount as they would Rand?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Less due to his stance on foreign policy.

That's a really big issue around here.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by johnkyblue View Post

He voted against NAFTA and against the bailout. Is the Rand Paul community going to support him less or the same amount as they would Rand?
    I'd like to hear more about his record, perhaps I'll just look it up myself if no one wants to post it.

Has Bunning asked for our help?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

In general Ron Paul supporters believe that our military actions around the world are actually creating a more dangerous America. We cannot dominate the globe by force, and in our attempts we will create more hostility.

Consider the following article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Now consider that the article you just read was probably one bullet point in a list of 20 or 30 or more in direct CIA propaganda operations initiated against the people of Afghanistan in order to militarize their general population and create radical groups to fight Russia. People don't soon forget things like this. Now you are surprised that there are violent extremist groups there who blame their plight on the US and other global powers that are connected to us?

In 1953 our CIA overthrew the democratically Shah of Iran who wanted to use profits from oil revenue to benefit the people of the country, and in turn put in a brutal dictator who would allow the global corporations to essentially steal their resources. Gross human rights violations occurred over the next several years.

This has been US policy ever since, and although they turned to utilizing the drug war to fund private intelligence agencies based out of the Bahamas to do a lot of their dirty work so the CIA wouldn't get caught with their pants down again (it was documented several times, but was not widely reported by mainstream media sources), there is plenty of cooperation within these agencies as well as some very good people who have tried to put a stop to it.

I am sorry for oversimplifying, it takes months if not years of hard research to find out what American's real foreign policy is, and one of the first things I would recommend is to disassociate all of these bad things with things that Americans support. I can assure you that very few Americans know about these things or support these things. That doesn't mean they don't exist, and that is why we are here, to help educate. I can also assure you that the people running these operations do NOT have America's true interest at heart. They are globalists who are ultimately attempting to gain power over our country's government and lead us into a more global governing type of a system where we will lose our sovereignty.

If you have any questions on foreign policy, please let us know. I am far from an "expert", though I have done some extensive research.

I'm sure that if Senator Bunning changed his stance on foreign policy that many of us would highly consider supporting him.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-18-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

One cannot be conservative if one advocates big government domestically or abroad.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Short answer: Rand Paul would get much more support from us than Bunning would.

No questions about Kentucky and it's politics? Kentucky has lots of statewide races, AG, Farm Comm, and on and on and on.

It's a liability for Rand that he hasn't had one of those spots. I'd say right now the favorite in the race is Jack Conway for that reason.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    How did Bunning vote on all those UNBALANCED Bush budgets? Did you support those?
    I'm a lot different from Bunning politics wise, although I'm very empathetic to the libertarian movement. Just said I was close, didn't say how, and I was exaggerating probably.

Mitch McConnell is about the worst there is IMHO, except for the flag burning vote.
    Last edited by johnkyblue; 05-18-2009 at 01:56 PM.

No questions about Kentucky and it's politics? Kentucky has lots of statewide races, AG, Farm Comm, and on and on and on.

It's a liability for Rand that he hasn't had one of those spots. I'd say right now the favorite in the race is Jack Conway for that reason.
    Politics are secondary to principle. I think this is why Ron Paul supporters aren't always welcomed. We aren't partisans and we put country before party and politics.
    Rand should be in the Senate. He didn't need to play professional baseball to get that privilege.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Bunning takes money from AIPAC.... lots of money. Why is AIPAC so interested in Kentucky?
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

I'm a lot different from Bunning politics wise, although I'm very empathetic to the libertarian movement. Just said I was close, didn't say how, and I was exaggerating probably.

Mitch McConnell is about the worst there is IMHO, except for the flag burning vote.
    Yeah, well we share that sentiment. Mitch McConnell is a super-RINO.

Welcome to the board
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    Bunning takes money from AIPAC.... lots of money. Why is AIPAC so interested in Kentucky?
    Looking for support from the home of the best Bourbons?

He should run even if Bunning doesn't drop out. That will raise his profile, so he can run against Mitch in 2012 if he doesn't win. It'd be a might easier race to win.

Of course, he can win this one.

Tracy

Nope, Mitch won't be up for a LONG time, dagnabbit.

2014 is right.

I don't support Bunning at all.

I support Rand Paul and have already donated.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hey, welcome to the forums. I'd be interested in hearing more of your opinion on Kentucky politics, as I don't know very much.

Most of the "Ron Paul Community" will not likely donate any money or volunteer for Bunning if he wins the primary. I'm sure most of us would want him to win the general, but I doubt many would care enough to actually help him win.

Bunning can't win in November 2010 when it matters. As much as I like most of his votes, he puts his foot in his mouth often and he is not as charismatic as he should be about Liberty and the Constitution.

I'd support Bunning over Grayson in a heartbeat (Grayson was a Clinton Delegate and Democrat remember?!) . But we might have Rand in the Primary, Rand is a better option. He is an articulate and charismatic voice for Reason and Liberty.

People always complain about voting for the lesser of two evils, here we have the possibility of voting for the better of two good men. I think it is ok to say one is better than the other and I'll stick to that. Rand has my vote. That doesn't mean Jim is a bad man.

hey steined, if Grayson supported Clinton is there a picture of him with his hero? that could be damaging, we need to find some stuff on him from the early 90's!

Hey Eric,

Bunning is not too bad but he doesn't like us very well if you recall our last encounter with him.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    Hey Eric,

Bunning is not too bad but he doesn't like us very well if you recall our last encounter with him.
    It seems no one wants to believe that conversation ever happened, but I do agree with you and do recall the encounter.