Thread: The Fourth Quarter is Coming! Happy Slave Labor Days!

Thumbs down The Fourth Quarter is Coming! Happy Slave Labor Days!

The average middle class American, which is pretty much most of us posting on this forum, pays between 25% and 28% of our income to the federal government by way of income taxes. Thus with the third quarter coming to a close at the end of this month, you can figure that everything you've made up to this point is yours to keep. The next three months (October, November, and December), we are essentially working for the government as a slave.

Of course, they don't want you to think of it like that, so they take it out of your check in small sums based on what you've filed, and then collect the rest in April of next year.

Happy slave labor days!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are so far off it's pathetic.

You completely ignored Social Security and Medicare taxes, which are another 15%, including the employer-paid portion.

Don't forget about the inflation tax, local state taxes, and all the other taxes. You should also add the cost of compliance with government regulations.
    I have my own blog at http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/.

Let me know if you like it.

Help control the government population. Have your government spayed or neutered.

Sometimes discussions on this forum get out of hand. If you have any questions about the Federal Reserve, the income tax, or the gold standard, you can PM me or leave a comment on my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by fsk View Post
    You are so far off it's pathetic.

You completely ignored Social Security and Medicare taxes, which are another 15%, including the employer-paid portion.

Don't forget about the inflation tax, local state taxes, and all the other taxes. You should also add the cost of compliance with government regulations.

Of course, of course... I was just focusing on the Income Tax portion of it. If people can explain it to their friends in these terms, it's something that anyone can quickly come to appreciate.