Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul moneybomb coming this summer

Thumbs up Rand Paul moneybomb coming this summer

Just to let everyone know we are working on a moneybomb for Rand this summer.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sweet..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

make it August 1st, I dont know why but it seems like a good idea (start of the month plus we have 8+ weeks to promote )

We should really try to get Rand $200,000 as quickly as possible.

Tracy

I agree money now is better then money later, for a variety of reasons.

Its not necessary, but it'll be a big help to get some in-state fundraising support for Rand Paul, and if the base sees him raising impressive amounts of money early in the campaign it can only help.

I think we should seize some of this early momentum and do a fundraiser sometime this summer.

EDIT: Just donated money and the response on the page is weird, it thanks you then displays the page again. Why not A) forward people to a confirmation page and B) give an email response so we can be sure things processed fine
    Last edited by AgentPaul001; 05-16-2009 at 10:10 PM.

I'm just thinking if we can raise Rand now as much money as Bunning has already raised -- he'll pretty much be forced to run even if Bunning Doesn't drop out.

Bunning's only raised around $200,000 or something he said I think?

Why not do July 4th for his Money Bomb? That gives a good month and a half to publicize it.

I would hope we could raise a good Million or so with a Money Bomb. But he needs at least $200,000 sooner, rather then later as well.

But honestly he needs money now. I'd hate for him to close his exploratory committee before the Money-Bomb because he's not raising what he needs.

Tracy

We need to start some good pledge banks also.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by skyorbit View Post
    I'm just thinking if we can raise Rand now as much money as Bunning has already raised -- he'll pretty much be forced to run even if Bunning Doesn't drop out.

Bunning's only raised around $200,000 or something he said I think?
    Bunning Cash on Hand: $375,747
    http://www.opensecrets.org/politicia...03437&newMem=N
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lightbulb

Why not do July 4th for his Money Bomb? That gives a good month and a half to publicize it.
    Because that's Adam Kokesh's moneybomb date.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

An e-mail blast by Ron Paul could get the money Rand Paul needs for his exploratory committee and then some.

I read somewhere that Trey Grayson is struggling to raise 100,000 dollars. 100,000 dollars is about the amount of money for a state the size of Kentucky a candidate with an exploratory committee can raise without drawing attention from the FEC. Much past that and they'll think you're raising money for a real campaign instead of the limited scope of an exploratory committee.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    An e-mail blast by Ron Paul could get the money Rand Paul needs for his exploratory committee and then some.
    This will happen in the near future.

Trey Grayson Schedules Fund Raising Event In Northern Kentucky

h ttp://bluegrassbulletin.typepad.com/bluegrass_bulletin/2009/05/trey-grayson-schedules-fund-raising-event-in-northern-kentu cky-.ht ml

(Remove 3 spaces-http and Kentucky and html)

"Secretary of State Trey Grayson has scheduled a June fund raising event in Northern Kentucky at the Home of Ron and Susan Grayson Hill."

Wondering how much Grayson has in his piggy bank. He may be the one to watch regarding funds.

I have also seen a message on line that indicates McConnell has a "man-crush" Trey Grayson and wants him to run instead of Bunning. McConnell has called Bunning senile.

Bunning in other news is saying strange things like resigning the Rep party to give Senate a super-majority.

McConnell Makes Another Move Against Bunning-- Mayhem In Kentucky Republican Party Politics
    (h ttp://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2009/05/mcconnell-makes-another-move-against.html)
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This will happen in the near future.
    Like this week type-soon?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Like this week type-soon?
    Not sure. Someone else is working on that end of things, not me though. But Rand himself told me it's in the works.

One on July 4th would fail imo. most people will be busy doing other things that day and probably forget.

Aug 1st is perfect I think unless he needs money quickly but im not sure what he can do anyway until Bunning shows his hand...

it's only a show of strength, a big hit on Aug 1st would be that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It might be important to do it before the quarter comes to a close so we can report how much money we have. That means we have to do it on or before June 30th

I agree with the money now idea. He needs to make plans with the money we get him he can't wait on particulars. I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving.

Also I'm hoping we can get him some big time money to scare away the competition.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by spotics View Post
    It might be important to do it before the quarter comes to a close so we can report how much money we have. That means we have to do it on or before June 30th
    I like this.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Shouldn't we wait to see if he's actually running before the moneybomb?

spotics brings up an incredibly relevant point. The media will undoubtedly be reporting on Bunning's fund raising numbers, and there is no better time for us to showcase our fund raising capabilities.
    tu ne cede malis

I concur sooner is better. June would be good.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving.
    It's going to take at least a month to do the preparation and promotion from my understanding.

Lightbulb

e
    Quote Originally Posted by spotics View Post
    Exploratory committees don't have to report fund raising.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Chicken, meet the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I agree with the money now idea. He needs to make plans with the money we get him he can't wait on particulars. I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving.
    The reason the November 5 and December 16, 2007 money bombs were so successful is because they were promoted for a long time and were everywhere. The December 16th money bomb started being promoted pretty much right after the successful November 5th one.

Also, they were everywhere. Even when I wanted to avoid news on it, I remember I couldn't. YouTube comments to unrelated videos promoting the money bombs were everywhere. Digg and Reddit's front page spoke of them. MySpace and Facebook pimped them.

I'm not sure that kind of heavy promotion and...frankly, spam...can be done again.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    No. We need to convince him to Run. When he raises $100/thousand or more we can force him to run.

We also need to donate money as quickly as possible. August 1st is fine, for our 2nd one. But we need some immediate fundraising also.

Tracy
    Last edited by skyorbit; 05-17-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Because that's Adam Kokesh's moneybomb date.
    Why should I believe Kokesh is incorruptible like Ron Paul? And why do you believe he's in a winnable race?

I only have limited Funds. I'll be donating to Rand Paul on all the money bomb dates.

Tracy

Why should I believe Kokesh is incorruptible like Ron Paul? And why do you believe he's in a winnable race?
    Well Ron just endorsed him today. And he shared his strategy with me and it is solid, so long as we do our part to help him out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast